NacMan

Hows sales going??

Have had about 5 vehicles advertised this month and last not sold one had a few enquiries, is everyone finding it slow?

14 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

veeeerrrrry sloooowww  

Last month was record profit  ( but not units) and this month i have yet to get on the board

not just me then. Not had a phone call this week! Apart from a warranty company trying to sign me on lol. 

always have to remember thought there will be 50% on here who are running away with it having sales beyond expectations and other 25% will be  doing alright   and there there is the rest

poor profile, no interest, wrong make model colour spec to many miles to many owners ect ect

Incredibly quiet, I have some nice motors not much over CC and I've not even had a part exchange enquiry, yet everything at auction half about is fetching daft money.

Slow all week after a good weekend. Had one time waster asking about makes of Tyres.

Hoping for one or two the weekend. Struggling for stock not that we need it but cash burns a hole in my pocket.

12 minutes ago, 15Cars said:

Incredibly quiet, I have some nice motors not much over CC and I've not even had a part exchange enquiry, yet everything at auction half about is fetching daft money.

Yes there are dealers with trade accounts who have sold cars at auction and they have gone on there sales board as a  retail deal 

Watching the prices at AB, BCA and Manheim this week, I reckon I ought to send some of mine there! :)

56 minutes ago, 15Cars said:

Watching the prices at AB, BCA and Manheim this week, I reckon I ought to send some of mine there! :)

The magic main dealer direct sticker works wonders . I've put better cars in that make less same make model with less miles and better condition .. 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

The magic main dealer direct sticker works wonders . I've put better cars in that make less same make model with less miles and better condition .. 

Whats this your on about?

Also its not just me having a shit time then lol

4 hours ago, NacMan said:

Whats this your on about?

Also its not just me having a shit time then lol

I meant watch an identical car from say a main ford dealer with direct from such and such on the window 

will always in most cases do silly money compared to a private car or independent trader car at auction but in reality may be no better . 

I put an old C4 diesel in fsh 120 k miles tidy enough with good mot 2 previous owners px at the time did £800 

an identical model car apart from was mine was blue it was silver and silver one 6 months older 150k no history and 4 previous owners did £1250 due to being a main agent trade in  

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Casper said:

I meant watch and identical car from say a main ford dealer with direct from such and such on the window 

will always in most cases do silly money compared to a private car or independent trader car at auction but in reality may be no better . 

I put an old C4 diesel in fsh 120 k miles tidy enough with good mot 2 previous owners px at the time did £800 

an identical model car apart from was mine was blue it was silver and silver one 6 months older 150k no history and 4 previous owners did £1250 due to being a main agent trade in  

Ahh somethings fishy there. How are ur sales?

16 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Ticking over not breaking any records . 

Up and down at the min, I’ll sell a couple within a day or two then get no interest in anything else for what feels like forever. 

5 hours ago, NacMan said:

not just me then. Not had a phone call this week! Apart from a warranty company trying to sign me on lol. 

Shane from handler protect? :D

12 hours ago, Dealer said:

Shane from handler protect? :D

That's him I think! Rang me twice in a week! And there's me getting excited about an enquiry!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Slow all week after a good weekend. Had one time waster asking about makes of Tyres.

Hoping for one or two the weekend. Struggling for stock not that we need it but cash burns a hole in my pocket.

Don’t you read Pistonheads or other forums?  If it has anything other than Mich Pilot Sport 4’s the previous owner neglected all maintenance and you are risking your life driving such a death trap!

14 hours ago, NacMan said:

We often saw it when we entered vehicles as it’s psychological.  A couple of years back we put 15 Transits into Blackbushe which went into the F&F sale.  These vans were direct from a housing association and had perfect main dealer history and were genuinely mint condition however we were drawing around £1000 less per vehicle than the Lex sale which were missing history and generally neglected.  

I think there is the same perception with dealer direct cars as buyers think a nice teacher has owned it and looked after it really well and only swapped as auntie Doris has left them some money rather than the nasty traders trying to pass on their knocked old bangers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contracts said:

Don’t you read Pistonheads or other forums?  If it has anything other than Mich Pilot Sport 4’s the previous owner neglected all maintenance and you are risking your life driving such a death trap!

We often saw it when we entered vehicles as it’s psychological.  A couple of years back we put 15 Transits into Blackbushe which went into the F&F sale.  These vans were direct from a housing association and had perfect main dealer history and were genuinely mint condition however we were drawing around £1000 less per vehicle than the Lex sale which were missing history and generally neglected.  

I think there is the same perception with dealer direct cars as buyers think a nice teacher has owned it and looked after it really well and only swapped as auntie Doris has left them some money rather than the nasty traders trying to pass on their knocked old bangers.

Seems everyone is just about ticking over at the minute, hopefully it picks up soon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Contracts said:

Thats exactly it 

It's a very odd market at the moment.

The general consensus is it's quiet out there(it is for me)

However if you need to replace stock it's a fortune to buy

The normal rules of supply and demand just don't seem to apply 

Can't get my head around it really!

18 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

If you've just started out in this job, and the stocks right, the price is right and adverts right, you would soon go get a job :unsure:

Its quieter than me when asked "how much for cash " :)

Been in the trade for 25 years so definitely not just started off lol, but I haven't seen it this quiet in a while.

46 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Been in the trade for 25 years so definitely not just started off lol, but I haven't seen it this quiet in a while.

I think He means in general . If we weren't already in the game and were new to it 

46 minutes ago, Casper said:

I think He means in general . If we weren't already in the game and were new to it 

Ah right. Yes I would be running away!