Grantlfc81

I Cannot Sell This car!

Just now, Grantlfc81 said:

I’m pretty sure it will sell off the front anyway, plus it is actually a nice car to drive so may I fact in keep it.

I’ll throw the dog in the back and put on a brown cardigan with some driving gloves..... I’ll feel right at home lol

It does actually look a nice car it will sell .would actually be a good car for dogs I used to have 2 borders collies till they passed away had an old 406 well newish 406 estate for them at the time was ideal. 

10 minutes ago, Casper said:

It does actually look a nice car it will sell .would actually be a good car for dogs I used to have 2 borders collies till they passed away had an old 406 well newish 406 estate for them at the time was ideal. 

That’s it. I’ve decided. I’m getting a shot gun, a gun dog and a tweed jacket. Pull!

• Haha 1

As mentioned the AT price looks out of bed on this one, volvo bods jumping into the v60 now which look current and value.

however the car has nice pedigree and spec, just think you need to re evaluate the sale.

i would say - pics not great particularly the interior shots, car needs detailing better above valeting, shiny leather is dirty leather.

i would do - thorough detail especially interior, look again at your  photo device, photo outside in neutral light, concentrate on detailed interior shots, re word advert, price at 7995.

i wouldn't be worried about stocking this car, it's a nice car, just needs to look as good as it's pedigree suggests.

• Like 1

And most of all change that blue number plate screw lol what about offering a tweed jacket as an incentive :lol: 

Edited by Casper

V50 are normally good news around the 5-6k mark but that one does look dear, the V60 replacement are cheap now so that wont help. 

The opening line is a big turn off...."you will not find one cheaper" 

Photos have too much light reflection and some people may think the bodywork has marks all over it...

I don't think your photos are too bad but, the drivers floor mat looks filthy, as does the OSF tyre.  The wording of your ad is bargain basement stuff, not what a Volvo owner is after.

But, the issue is value for money.  I would rather a V60 (or a V40 for that matter) on double the miles for less.  I just sold a mint V40 (40k full history) in white ( https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/volvo/v40/d2115start-stopse/277085/ ) for under £8k - which looks better value?

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I don't think your photos are too bad but, the drivers floor mat looks filthy, as does the OSF tyre.  The wording of your ad is bargain basement stuff, not what a Volvo owner is after.

But, the issue is value for money.  I would rather a V60 (or a V40 for that matter) on double the miles for less.  I just sold a mint V40 (40k full history) in white ( https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/volvo/v40/d2115start-stopse/277085/ ) for under £8k - which looks better value?

Like the artificial grass idea mark makes your photos stand out  ..

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Like the artificial grass idea mark makes your photos stand out  ..

That is a consequence, not the original idea.  It was put down to stop wet cars pooling throughout the unit after a wash.

44 minutes ago, Tom said:

V50 are normally good news around the 5-6k mark but that one does look dear, the V60 replacement are cheap now so that wont help. 

Yep, spec editions normally throw off the guides

9 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

That is a consequence, not the original idea.  It was put down to stop wet cars pooling throughout the unit after a wash.

Great idea . And like i said works with the photos as well  

4 hours ago, Casper said:

Great idea . And like i said works with the photos as well  

lots of snails underneath though if you ever lift it up

squelch squelch squelch..................:D