j4ck100

Convertibles - anyone buying them?

What's the consensus on convertibles now ? Just back from BCA and they are all going under book big time but I guess it's fear that you'll be stuck with them till next year - not ideal! 

Thoughts ?

• Like 1

I buy convertibles all year round and sell them all year round :) !

Few years ago i think sold 6/7 convertible's in December ..did have about 8/9 in stock ! You just never know, especially if they are coupe/convertibles ( metal top) !

• Like 2

I buy convertibles all year round and sell them all year round :) !

Few years ago i think sold 6/7 convertible's in December ..did have about 8/9 in stock ! You just never know, especially if they are coupe/convertibles ( metal top) !

This cheers me up no end, thanks!

i have a TT tdi convertible in stock that I am starting to panic about you see ! Fingers crossed :)

• Like 1

Always done well with MX-5s and 206ccs all year round.

I took a Tigra in p/ex 2 weeks ago and it's still here though, top spec as well (heated leather no less!!)

I've just bought a couple from auction, well under book price

I buy them all year round, my theory is, people are always "told"  not to buy them in the summer but buy them in the winter as the prices are cheaper

Plus, getting them for the right price, you can keep them if needs be till the spring and still make on them

• Like 1

I have taken an immaculate 318CI 2004 M Sport on Saturday , an MX5 last week and a Pug 308 HDI on Saturday. All px. They will all go. Best get stocking up on 4x4's now....

• Like 1

Our TT finally went this weekend, we had 3 viewings in total, 1 didn't even drive it because they didn't like the colour. It actually drove really well, full Audi history with Audi cambelt and waterpump, 4 new conti's new pagid discs and pads all round in the last 500 miles .... It was a really nice car.

• Like 1

Our TT finally went this weekend, we had 3 viewings in total, 1 didn't even drive it because they didn't like the colour. It actually drove really well, full Audi history with Audi cambelt and waterpump, 4 new conti's new pagid discs and pads all round in the last 500 miles .... It was a really nice car.

How long were you sat on it for Steve?

Two 308's have just made over cap clean in Belle Vue.

I've sat on a 09 plate BMW 330i all summer, sick of looking at it so it's priced at £13k to get it gone. Out of about 12 I've had since March its the only one I'm stuck with. 

I've sat on a 09 plate BMW 330i all summer, sick of looking at it so it's priced at £13k to get it gone. Out of about 12 I've had since March its the only one I'm stuck with. 

I get the odd car like that. Nothing wrong with it, priced right, good photo's and sometimes just not a email, phonecall or even a daft 'whats your last price / best price bruv innit' call.

Could buy another one like it and it will fly out. Bizarre old world selling cars sometimes.

that fills me with fear, 7 months !!! Jesus ! 

Not had a sniff on mine yet either 

On a ranty note I had a gentleman come over to drive an E class I have for sale, first issue being he reversed the c220cdi he came in into one of my sheds about 3 times then finally parked up. Then we go on a test drive after chatting for a bit, and afterwards he goes "Do you do contract hire?" I said pal do I look like I rent cars out ?! Then he goes what about contract purchase. Had to resist having a go. Could tell he wasn't going to go for it then he goes I have to go home and think about it do you want a spin in my c220cdi I said no I'll wait until you have made your mind up email today "we won't be progressing". :@ some people 

that fills me with fear, 7 months !!! Jesus ! 

Not had a sniff on mine yet either 

Only 4 months.....Still 2 months to long!!!!

Only 4 months.....Still 2 months to long!!!!

oh thought you meant had it since March ! Had a look at your ad and it's perfect such a nice colour combination I genuinely have no idea why that hasn't flown out of the door. Priced in amongst the less desireable 325i's as well!