Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

Scrap Men

Hi,

I got rid of the old V Class Minibus that I broke up for parts yesterday.

I had filled it up with all the scrap and a few old batteries, cats etc and was just about to phone my regular guy, who often takes 3 to 4 weeks, before he is heading east with an empty wagon, at which point he'll swing by, pick it up and drop it to the Frag in Muir of Ord.

Well these 2 chancers wandered in yesterday and asked if I was wanting shot of it, so I pondered for a moment, and thought what the hell, I can use the space, so I said "If your gonna take it today it's yours" ...............

He went outside and drove in his lorry ..........................

After about an hour of removing the 2 cars already on the lorry, putting the old bussie on, and then he lifts back the other two Cars .......................

Well I'm laughing, thinking he's bound to get tugged by the feds, so I casually said "Where you going ?? To Muir of Ord ??" as I'm thinking at least he won't be on major major roads with surveillance etc etc .......................

"Fife" he replies ...................

Well that's about 200 odd miles from me !!

Wonder if he got nicked lol

117988450_sam_2141.jpg

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Ahh, an old Omega on the back? 

You beat me too it! An only Omega I believe - not bad old buses, were they?

Just now, BHM said:

You beat me too it! An only Omega I believe - not bad old buses, were they?

There was an X reg 2.0 16V GLS(?) going through (think it was Northampton) on Monday.

The one with the BMW Diesel was a nice Car fully loaded, as was the V6 amabob, back in their hey day ;)

good car in it's day, remember doing the showroom launch in i think about 94-95? when i worked at vauxhall, we had a 2.0gls in satin red met on wheel trims lol, pdi'd as a demo then two weeks later it's life was over ending up in a ditch by our director who was a piss head.

Didn't Vauxhall say it cost £750 million to develop. Which was a lot of money back then!

You can see why modern cars share platforms and engines.

13 hours ago, tradex said:

I made a LOT of money from Omegas, nice ones getting rare now. The estates were lovely old buses too. 

We did ex Police V6 Omegas,no idea how many we sold,but it was a lot.

I sent our scrap guy to an old punter last week having explained  he may only get £150 for his 1 owner ,04 Vectra.

The scrap guy called to say thank you etc and that he gave the punter £200.I said that was too much but he said the number on it  is worth a grand !