Sign in to follow this  
tradegirl

Anyone in Manchester who can knock a door for me?

Bought a car from auction, but the plates on the car and on the logbook given to us, as private and have been transferred to another car.

I know the original reg, but I have no logbook. And the original reg is still on the keeper, not in the trade, so I have to apply for a new logbook and sit on the car for a month now.

I've sent the owner a letter saying I'll give them a thank you if they send me the logbook, but no reply. Auction are no help, and now I'm stuck.

Is anyone local to Stretford who could pop around please?

A friend of a friend was supposed to go, but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks and they've had a death in the family, so...it might be a bit insensitive to keep pestering them.

Last time i applied for a log book it came back in a little over two weeks, by the time you get someone to go around and hopefully have it you could have applied and got the log book back. 

Tad odd why you would go the other route.

13 minutes ago, justina3 said:

+1

20 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Last time i applied for a log book it came back in a little over two weeks, by the time you get someone to go around and hopefully have it you could have applied and got the log book back. 

Less than a week for my last logbook.

The keeper is still on record though. Anytime that's been the case, it's taken near a month.

Plus, the private plate logbook says 2 former keepers. Looking at HPI there's been a keeper change in May 2019, so it's now 3 former, and with us on it it'll be 4 former.

I don't know what they've done, as there are items in the car still with their surname, so I'm assuming they put the plate back and registered the car on a family member. God knows why.

But telling the customer they'll be the 6th owner on a 2011 BMW probably won't sound good.

I'll get it sent off today anyway, thank you!

For what its worth i once did a round trip of 150 miles to knock on someones door and the abuse i got was unbelievable with the woman hissing flames at me,this was before gdpr which means its now an offence to go chasing last owners but you know that already..............

you should bid accordingly and be aware a wait of 4 weeks is the norm,i waited nearly 9 earlier this year because dvla lost my application so i had to reapply

Why don’t you wait until you sell it and just apply for one in the new owners name? Can tax it at the same time in the post office aswell. 

35 minutes ago, James01 said:

Why don’t you wait until you sell it and just apply for one in the new owners name? Can tax it at the same time in the post office aswell. 

James, as doorstoppers people don't trust buying cars with no logbook.

It's not in the trade, so we can't tax at the post office, I tried this morning.

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

James, as doorstoppers people don't trust buying cars with no logbook.

It's not in the trade, so we can't tax at the post office, I tried this morning.

ah right you work from home

even more the case you buy stock more diligently then

remember it was cheaper because no paperwork,i often nick cars because of this but i know i need to park them up off road for weeks,i even post the application off immediately im happy to be the new keeper of the car,customers understand if explained to reasons its in the company name

Glory be, the logbook arrived in the post! Looks like it was the owners who sent it. Minus the second page with the green slip but who cares? Hurray!