Sign in to follow this  
HBMotors

Toyota Yaris MMT

The quality and price of the parts I fit (have fitted) are directly proportional to the labour time.  

A clutch = LUK, it just isn't worth the hassle on such a lengthy job.  On the flip side, a cheapy PX will receive a Lion battery because I can replace within 2 minutes and the warranty exceeds my own warranty and CRA.

Why pay someone hundreds to strip a car, to fit a pattern part saving £20 knowing there is every chance you'll be doing it again?

19 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Dave I do understand your point of view but am guessing not a lot of car dealers will use a garage that will charge a fortune and take all the profit.

It is simple economics, a Workshop needs to put a mark up on it's parts, also does not need the hassle of having to do a warranty job upon parts supplied by a 3rd party.

I do do work for traders, and I give them a discount on my hourly rate.

I personally know all the local garages in my area, all mark up parts prices, (some horrendously), and none will fit parts supplied by a customer.

Too many potential implications fitting parts supplied by others IMHO ;)

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

It is simple economics, a Workshop needs to put a mark up on it's parts, also does not need the hassle of having to do a warranty job upon parts supplied by a 3rd party.

I do do work for traders, and I give them a discount on my hourly rate.

I personally know all the local garages in my area, all mark up parts prices, (some horrendously), and none will fit parts supplied by a customer.

Too many potential implications fitting parts supplied by others IMHO ;)

True. One of my pals rang me yesterday for some advice on what to do as he used a reputable garage which he's used over the years he had a timing belt water pump kit fitted last week on his wife's audi a3 all parts supplied by garage from tps and fitted only for the timing belt fail on the motorway and kill the engine. Simply told him it's the garages responsibility as they fitted and supplied the parts now if he would have supplied the parts and the tensioner had failed like it has he would have been in a tough spot

18 minutes ago, HBMotors said:

Cheap to me might be expensive to you, Don't judge without knowing :) 

Did he just call Dave cheap? :0) Oh dear (no pun intended). 

22 hours ago, Tony911 said:

True. One of my pals rang me yesterday for some advice on what to do as he used a reputable garage which he's used over the years he had a timing belt water pump kit fitted last week on his wife's audi a3 all parts supplied by garage from tps and fitted only for the timing belt fail on the motorway and kill the engine. Simply told him it's the garages responsibility as they fitted and supplied the parts now if he would have supplied the parts and the tensioner had failed like it has he would have been in a tough spot

This is an absolutely perfect example of why not to fit parts supplied by a 3rd party ........................

It also sounds to me like a perfect example of why the mechanic should have a good torque wrench and actually get it out of the drawer & use it :P 

22 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Did he just call Dave cheap? :0) Oh dear (no pun intended). 

I actually think he is trying to tell us that he has a bigger wad than anyone else :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Muppet !!

The only reference I have made is to the use of cheap parts ............................

Just another noob digging a hole, still hasn't answered whether I can go and buy a Car off him at cost with no profit whatsoever.

OK so should I fit the 3rd party parts, with absolutely no warranty and a 30% increase in my normal labour charge :wacko:

NO

That has been proved to fuck you over on many occasions if / when someone takes you to court, I had a good mate in the Transmission game who lost his house, business the whole lot because he fitted a Gearbox supplied by the Customer which all went horribly wrong when its diff seized up and someone crashed and got injured.

Judge ruled that he was the expert and should have known the part was defective :(

Cheers for now, I expect "I vill be back" :lol:

Edited by Dave2302

to be fair i went in my local cafe yesterday for a bacon sarnie

im not keen on the bacon they use and so supplied my own bacon asking if they could cook it just so it was getting to well done

i bobbed next door while they were doing it to the bakers because their cobs are to die for

anyway i gave the cafe owner the cob and told him not too much butter and the cheeky blighter wanted to charge me for a full bacon sarnie:mellow:

im not going in there again and ive been on that social media thing putting ''''''avoid at all costs'''''''

he really doesnt deserve to be in business charging for things

disgusted 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

to be fair i went in my local cafe yesterday for a bacon sarnie

im not keen on the bacon they use and so supplied my own bacon asking if they could cook it just so it was getting to well done

i bobbed next door while they were doing it to the bakers because their cobs are to die for

anyway i gave the cafe owner the cob and told him not too much butter and the cheeky blighter wanted to charge me for a full bacon sarnie:mellow:

im not going in there again and ive been on that social media thing putting ''''''avoid at all costs'''''''

he really doesnt deserve to be in business charging for things

disgusted 

Nice one Boring Dave... :lol:

Your joking.... however......

I was in a cafe lately where a guy actually walked in with 3 eggs in his hand and asked them to make an omelette!

On 6/18/2019 at 8:33 AM, tradex said:

Just a heads up but I will never fit another Lion battery again as long as I have a hole in arse, had so many failures after a week, a month or so....weren't/aren't they the ECP's cheap crap?

Obviously your mileage does differ and your's have been fine, but Yuasa for me all the way, it's one thing I never go cheap on Mark.

duff battery = pile of scrap metal going nowhere, along with multiple err strange issues and phone calls on German tat' and even some FIAT/Alfa's prior to failure, Reggies don't seem to mind so much. B)

Have to agree these lion batteries are very poor.