Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Mazda mx5 2.0 sport

I’ve had a repeat customer come in today with this mx5 I sold him 7 years ago. He wants to get shot of this as the novelty has worn off. He has become more a friend over the years and bought around ten cars off of me. This doesn’t mean I want to give strong money for this lovely convertible hard top with 54k 2007 on a 56. 2000 sport. I told him he will do better selling privately but he is adamant he don’t want all the hassle and wants me to buy it. 

I haven’t had a convertible for a long time as I never done well with them so my question is what would you offer him for this. I have a figure in mind. It’s grey and fairly near immaculate, 2 owners with history. 

Thanks guys and by the way I’ve sold 3 this week, that’s the best I’ve done all year and it’s only Wednesday. 

Dreadful things with no following. I’ll buy it below cap as a favour. ;o)

Seriously though, why are you scared of that? Nice miles and spec, plus ‘previously supplied by us’ always looks good in the ad. 

You're a dealer, so deal. You’ve told him to sell it privately and he has declined. Make some money out of it. He knows you must buy cars cheaper than you sell them for!

What’s the registration number?

Well done on selling three. 

Edited by NOACROSS

Thanks guys for your help. I’ve bought it. I offered him below cap average and he accepted. Hopefully I can do well with this. I’m putting it up for £4295 . 

6 minutes ago, Pip said:

Thanks guys for your help. I’ve bought it. I offered him below cap average and he accepted. Hopefully I can do well with this. I’m putting it up for £4295 . 

Not enough Pip

Time of year and all that - £4,495 min maybe even £4,995 with that mileage and colour combination.

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Dreadful things with no following

I read this, then I looked at a copy of Octane from a few months back that predicts that early MX5s are quickly becoming "collectable", then I got the joke. 

£4295? Why?

Either £3989, £4000 or £4989 more like it (for June at least)

Whatever happens, it cant be worse than one I took back about 5 years ago. I think it was on an X plate. Lady drove it in, just been MOT'd, was fairly tidy and had reasonable hopes for it.  Did the handover on her new Yaris, after she left, I jumped in the MX-5, drove literally 3 car lengths, the next thing the whole rear end drops and im looking skywards (bit of an exaggeration but you know what I mean). Was a bit annoyed to say the least, the rear arms had completely rotted through and given way. Wheels were out on 45 degree angles.  Could have killed her had it happened half a mile before.  Should have pursued the MOT tester as it had literally past 2 days before.  Ended up trading it out as it was, still did ok out of the deal as I remember though. Despite that, I still love an MX-5!

MK1’s are stupid money. 

OP’s is a 3 with a hardtop. Dunno if he means a separate hardtop or a roadster car with a folding one. Makes a difference.  Good bit of stock. Just check it’s actually got AC.  Not just a button. ;o)

£4495 min for me,  but Nick would get five grand. 

45 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I read this, then I looked at a copy of Octane from a few months back that predicts that early MX5s are quickly becoming "collectable", then I got the joke. 

£4295? Why?

Either £3989, £4000 or £4989 more like it (for June at least)

Why those particular numbers, Nick?

Why £4295??

Everyone will bid £4000, no one will pay the full price so close to the magic £4K price point (unless it’s a p/x deal). 

If they will only pay £4K ask for £4000 so you get in more AT searches. 

Or if you want to be in front of Hundreds of £3995 or £3990 ads go £3989. 

And if you think the Mazda can be sold for over £4K try it at five. Someone might just come along and pay it. 

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Just check it’s actually got AC.  Not just a button. ;o)

:-()