Sign in to follow this  
Scrawf

FaceBook/Instagram Boost Ads

Guys

Just wondering if any of you have had much (any) success with FaceBook / Instagram advertising?  I've been setting up my website and connecting all my social media for the business and I notice that you can place an ad on FaceBook and pay to 'boost' it.  It's quite cheap and the ad runs on both Instagram and FaceBook.  You can specify the total budget, the demographic of the audience, the region you would like the ad to be boosted in and you can see analytics on how the ad is performing.  So I was wondering if anyone else does this?

I set one up yesterday and it went live overnight.  I'll let you know how it gets on and tell you if any leads come through.

Kind regards

Scrawf

I supposed if I go to CDX I'll learn all about it!

Edited by Scrawf
Spacing

Doesn’t work for me. 

Tried Facebook boosting for about 6 months, just attracts fucktards that leave shitty comments that leave you questioning your pricing, adverts etc. 

Still do some free Instagram posts though for a little website exposure 

Scrawf, I've never done boosts, but I've advertised cars on FB Marketplace. Yes, you do get a lot of time wasters, but we've sold 3 cars on there in April £2k, £6k, £8.5k, and one £3.5k yesterday. And it's free, so...why not?

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Doesn’t work for me. 

+1. 

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

And it's free, so...why not?

Takes a fair bit of time, generates some unpleasant comments that stay there visible for everyone to see and ad boosting actually costs money. 

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

+1. 

Takes a fair bit of time, generates some unpleasant comments that stay there visible for everyone to see and ad boosting actually costs money. 

Nick, I'm not talking about ad boosting. I mean just posting cars on Facebook Marketplace (which is free). I have 5 cars on there at the moment, 1 positive rating. No comments that I can see...?

13 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

+1. 

You can hide comments where it’s visible to the poster but not to others on page. 

You can also just banter them back, it’s social media after all. 

boosting has little success. Targeted adverts works better.

I have been using Facebook recently and have boosted some of my postings with specified demographics.  However, to be fair its not having any great results, hasn't sold me anything.  You also get the stupid comments "How much?" when the price board is clearly hanging in the window.  Last week I had a local old retard negatively comment on my £4k Focus, took a look at his pictures and realised he'd clearly bought his much younger wife online.  The temptation to rip into him was almost unbearable, but for the sake of business I just deleted his comment.  I think Facebook is ok, but I view it as planting seeds of thoughts in peoples mind which may come to fruition in the future, over time people become familiar with you and your business and that's when it might be beneficial.

We use it successfully, it’s about building your audience before boosting posts of individual cars IMO. 

Promote your page first with a boosted post & keep it interesting, not just repeat posts of your cars for sale, engage the audience & build a following 

interaction posts are good, competitions, and we quite like before and after photos - if you were getting wheels refurbed for example 

a slow process but well worth it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Nick, I'm not talking about ad boosting. I mean just posting cars on Facebook Marketplace (which is free). I have 5 cars on there at the moment, 1 positive rating. No comments that I can see...?

Even worse than boosting. Marketplace is a jumble sale for cars. 

I reckon FB works if you use it properly like Rory does, spend time and effort gaining followers, targeting adverts etc. Boosting them doesn’t work for me and is a waste of money other than to gain followers which may help long term. It’s a long game with FB. It’s not for quick sales. 

2 minutes ago, NickGCS said:

We use it successfully, it’s about building your audience before boosting posts of individual cars IMO. 

Promote your page first with a boosted post & keep it interesting, not just repeat posts of your cars for sale, engage the audience & build a following 

interaction posts are good, competitions, and we quite like before and after photos - if you were getting wheels refurbed for example 

a slow process but well worth it

Or this, basically. 

James, it is, but if I sell a car on there, 1. It's a sale, and 2. It gets the company name out there. And if the customer is happy, then I've gained something.

I'm not saying it's a great platform, I'm just saying it also bears some fruit, and takes 2 mins to list a car.

It's one extra platform.

44 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Nick, I'm not talking about ad boosting.

Because the thread title was specific about Boost Ads I thought I'd mention that there is cost involved for anyone that doesn't know much about this. 

I've said it many times on forums before: the only thing worse than a very expensive advertiser that works is a very cheap one (or free) that doesn't.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Scrawf, I've never done boosts, but I've advertised cars on FB Marketplace. Yes, you do get a lot of time wasters, but we've sold 3 cars on there in April £2k, £6k, £8.5k, and one £3.5k yesterday. And it's free, so...why not?

I've had two sales in April from this method. It seems like a good additional portal.

• Like 1

Facebook advertising is peanuts if you do it right. It will only get more expensive but it’s a hugely effective way to get your name out there when done right. 

10 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Because the thread title was specific about Boost Ads I thought I'd mention that there is cost involved for anyone that doesn't know much about this. 

I've said it many times on forums before: the only thing worse than a very expensive advertiser that works is a very cheap one (or free) that doesn't.  

I believe in building a social media profile, and working on that on insta and FB. However have boosted a few cars and whilst it’s generated good amount of views, no leads.