Sign in to follow this  
friar

What does NAMA U mean at auction?

Grading for a car looking at, is it so bad can't be graded?

Thanks!

Yes it can, easily. Too much to waste time listing.

So is it safe to buy do you think?

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, friar said:

So is it safe to buy do you think?

Thanks.

Safe?

Its got nothing to do with safety. 

As assessor has quickly walked round the car, seen so much damage and thought “fuck that” and put U down on the sheet and moved on. 

In other words is worse, possibly a lot worse, than a grade 5. 

Oooooh!

Thats frightening.May ring them Monday for more details.

Thanks for replies.

Ring who? The auction house? Don’t bother, no one will be able to tell you anything further. If you really want the car then as said above, go and see it. Be prepared for it being an absolute dog. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Ring who? The auction house? Don’t bother, no one will be able to tell you anything further. If you really want the car then as said above, go and see it. Be prepared for it being an absolute dog. 

Thought that they might have a report about it for themselves.

Does sound very risky.

3 hours ago, EPV said:

They do seem hard work on the phone.  Won a 3 year old Audi online a little while back with one tyre was marked as 1mm on the mechanical check.  I asked BCA twice to double check as it had had an mot only one hundred miles before with no advisories and I know collection agents would refuse to drive it.  In the end nobody would check it so I had to opt for their delivery.  Car turns up, tyre like new, guess 1mm was really 7mm....

23 minutes ago, Contracts said:

In the end nobody would check it so I had to opt for their delivery.  Car turns up, tyre like new, guess 1mm was really 7mm....

I see that In Blackbushe all the time. The sheet on the windscreen will say 1 or 2mm in red and when I look at the tire it will be much much better. Someone didn't bother checking or selected a wrong drop down option on their iPad or whatever they use. 

`

12 hours ago, friar said:

Oooooh!

Thats frightening.May ring them Monday for more details.

Thanks for replies.

Let us know  how this phone call goes 

Half of my cars are a ‘U’, it depends how fussy you/your punters are. Tbh I’ve seen Us that look better than 3s - there’s nowt like doing your own appraisals.

5 minutes ago, BHM said:

there’s nowt like doing your own appraisals.

This !!

Thanks for all reply’s,did ring them and they had classified as Van,so didn’t do appraisal,as a car.

1 hour ago, friar said:

Thanks for all reply’s,did ring them and they had classified as Van,so didn’t do appraisal,as a car.

Anyone know why they don't do appraisals on vans? - I like a van and always do well but often there is nothing on the report beyond the axle configuration.