We have recently had the need to try and claim on BCA assured scheme only to find out that it covers almost nothing,they have reworded the policy so that before it was a safety net for BCAs customers so they would bid a bit more to a good earn for BCA for example gearbox STATIC check ???????? Noise in engine bay now just pully belts i have the list here

Old Wording (pre 11th January 2019)

New Wording (11th Jan 2019 on)

Oil contamination Oil / coolant contamination
Engine bay noise Aux belt / pulley noise
Brake test Brake efficiency test
Clutch / autodrive take up Clutch slipping (static test)
Steering Steering Noise
Suspension noise / ride height Suspension ride height
Aircon (excl. temp and gassing) Aircon receives power (ex. gassing)
Sat nav operates (excl. functionality) S-Nav receives power (ex.functionality)
ICE operates (excl. functionality) ICE receives power (ex.functionality)
Roof Electrics Convertible / sunroof electrics

I particularly like  the clutch slipping static test ,Aircon s nav ICE to JUST receiving power and suspension.

Same as Manheim 'surecheck', it's a product aimed at giving private buyers confidence, not trade

2 hours ago, met said:

Same as Manheim 'surecheck', it's a product aimed at giving private buyers confidence, not trade

Not sure about that when it was marketed to encourage more online buying 

BCA try it on every time with Assured complaints and it works for them as most claimants just give up.You have to remember that what we are paying £28 + vat for is technically an AA inspection.So next time it happens why not request by email the name of the AA inspector and a copy of the report you have paid for.They will refuse of course,but you can then take it up with the AA and involve them aswell.I have to say I don’t have problems with BCA Assured because I am sensible with claims but they know where it will end up if they don’t cooperate.It cost them 5 grand last time.

It all boils down to how much you buy and are they prepared to lose your business, the whole thing is a farce

These auction house inspections are fucking shit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

It all boils down to how much you buy and are they prepared to lose your business, the whole thing is a farce

BCA branch network must deal with hundreds of complaints per day.They cannot pay them all or get their vendors to pay so by not cooperating with dealers saves them a lot of money.If I was with BCA,I would be in favour of the system knowing that most dealers are fickle and will just give up.

I have claimed twice from BCA on BCA assured, first time - car would not select 1st gear stationary, they refused to take the car back or repair, after their engineer came and inspected. So I took the car back to the BCA branch where I bought it from with paperwork and both keys. Asked the manager to have a look, he said he won't and the AA man has a day off, I demanded that someone has a look as I'm not taking the car back from there and want a full refund. The manager inspected and made some lengthy phone calls. He then agreed to take it back.

The other a Golf DSG, report all green. Got it back and it was shaking like a leaf on idle, they wanted me to get it diagnosed and report back. I refused as I didn't want to spend any money on it. They got it picked up and checked  the garage couldn't make out what was wrong with it after about 2 months. Got a full refund with that one as well.  

Don't give in or they will have not honour anything. 

(I buy about 100 cars a year from BCA)

• Like 1

On 14/04/2019 at 11:09 PM, A & S said:

I have claimed twice from BCA on BCA assured, first time - car would not select 1st gear stationary, they refused to take the car back or repair, after their engineer came and inspected. So I took the car back to the BCA branch where I bought it from with paperwork and both keys. Asked the manager to have a look, he said he won't and the AA man has a day off, I demanded that someone has a look as I'm not taking the car back from there and want a full refund. The manager inspected and made some lengthy phone calls. He then agreed to take it back.

The other a Golf DSG, report all green. Got it back and it was shaking like a leaf on idle, they wanted me to get it diagnosed and report back. I refused as I didn't want to spend any money on it. They got it picked up and checked  the garage couldn't make out what was wrong with it after about 2 months. Got a full refund with that one as well.  

Don't give in or they will have not honour anything. 

(I buy about 100 cars a year from BCA)

Very well said.

One idiot at Mesham tried telling me that its sold as seen.

All commercials at Wolves and Manchester have photos of any damage. Yet this idiot said only vehicles with AA report will have such images. I said no they dont and the rule applies to all commericals across the board whether with AA report or not. She disputed it and said she will have it checked.

I then told her sold as seen doesnt have a leg to stand on when damage was shown in photos that occured post sale. 

The BCA model is to make dodgy rules then have staff lower down say "its head office that make rules am just doing my job and i get shouted out"

Sorry but that's not acceptable. We pay good money here. We expect a half decent service. 

Edited by TangoVictor32