Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanJames

Bought a car on DA... wouldn’t allow short test drive?!

44 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

Sorry for a stupid newbie question, but what is DA (dealer auction), what is this, where is it held? Not sounding that attractive from the above comments, but always good to know what’s what ;)

WWE.google.la.zy

4 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Auto corrected it :lol:

Even BCA try to insist sold as seen i did tell them there is no such thing and if the condition has deteriorated since the photos are taken then sold as seen doesnt stand.

what was the response when you told them that? the reality is its an auction and you pay yer money and take yer chance - that's how it's always been, granted if bca are offering a grade system then it should mean something - but we all know its a farce and holds no real value, anyone in this job who thinks they are going to start telling them otherwise is with respect inexperienced or naive,  as iv'e said before the auction game is all about returning x for the vendor and disposing of ALL of the entry's by the vendor, its not and has never been about selling 80% for good money and telling the vendor the rest are fooked and we cant sell them, if the day ever comes that an auction has to stand on the goods they sell then joe public will start to buy everything anyway and the trade will be fooked even more, you cant have it both ways or all good, it has to be said the vast amount of horror story's on here regarding bca have been cars bought online unseen, a harsh lesson and as said you should be able to trust the grading system - but you shouldn't be falling for this fiasco more than once.

regards DA yes its a minefield but again too many folks bid without taking due diligence, even a quick call to the vendors sales manager will always give you a clue of their real morals, regardless of the car.

so whats the answer/ solution and what will change? - in short nothing, too many players and too many stocking plans and auction credit has ensured it will continue as is, well healed experienced buyers are no longer needed, only a handful of group buyers now have any clout regarding rejecting cars easily, its never been easier for auctions to shift all the stock at all the money without making so little effort.

I wouldn't want to be starting out in this job now, or be a newbie to this trade, if you are - good luck you might need it.  

2 hours ago, MSP Motors said:

WWE.google.la.zy

Fair one! Didn’t think such generic words would give a hit. Next time I will try harder :blink:

2 hours ago, awc1000 said:

what was the response when you told them that? the reality is its an auction and you pay yer money and take yer chance - that's how it's always been, granted if bca are offering a grade system then it should mean something - but we all know its a farce and holds no real value, anyone in this job who thinks they are going to start telling them otherwise is with respect inexperienced or naive,  as iv'e said before the auction game is all about returning x for the vendor and disposing of ALL of the entry's by the vendor, its not and has never been about selling 80% for good money and telling the vendor the rest are fooked and we cant sell them, if the day ever comes that an auction has to stand on the goods they sell then joe public will start to buy everything anyway and the trade will be fooked even more, you cant have it both ways or all good, it has to be said the vast amount of horror story's on here regarding bca have been cars bought online unseen, a harsh lesson and as said you should be able to trust the grading system - but you shouldn't be falling for this fiasco more than once.

regards DA yes its a minefield but again too many folks bid without taking due diligence, even a quick call to the vendors sales manager will always give you a clue of their real morals, regardless of the car.

so whats the answer/ solution and what will change? - in short nothing, too many players and too many stocking plans and auction credit has ensured it will continue as is, well healed experienced buyers are no longer needed, only a handful of group buyers now have any clout regarding rejecting cars easily, its never been easier for auctions to shift all the stock at all the money without making so little effort.

I wouldn't want to be starting out in this job now, or be a newbie to this trade, if you are - good luck you might need it.  

I told her clearly that in pictures something looks ok and i turn up on site and its dented or damaged how is it sold as seen yet the damage cannot be seen in photos? She had no answer.

(Basically damage post photos / sale)

Edited by TangoVictor32

We've mentioned DA too many times. Expect a 'bot/stooge' to appear extolling the virtues of a DA purchase very soon!

6 minutes ago, met said:

We've mentioned DA too many times. Expect a 'bot/stooge' to appear extolling the virtues of a DA purchase very soon!

It won’t be me, I don’t miss it one bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BHM said:

It won’t be me, I don’t miss it one bit.

the only da i use i put 80 pads on

why buy off people with malicious intent to deprive your wallet of wonga

• Like 1