Blenheim Car Sales

No one ever reads the adds at all EVER

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Capital letters at the start of sentences anyone? ;o)

I’d agree with you otherwise, but I think in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter. Language is constantly changing and evolving. In it Bruv. 

OCD as well then NOA?

Really does bug me; that plus a lack of commas or too many commas.

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Capital letters at the start of sentences anyone? ;o)

I’d agree with you otherwise, but I think in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter. Language is constantly changing and evolving. In it Bruv. 

25 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

OCD as well then NOA?

Really does bug me; that plus a lack of commas or too many commas.

I have a bad habit of leaving lots of full stops at the end of a sentence, no idea why.........

4 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

really?

even the sunday times makes many many errors in its copy because spell check is not used correctly,how many times do you read on here breaks for brakes,we have a great language and the old sayings are still true,use it or lose it,even my wife prefers to txt rather than to actually speaking on a phone

sad days ahead,remember if the kids of today would rather be in their bedrooms on a games machine rather than fixing an old clock or playing with meccano then the engineers of the future will not properly understand metallurgy and or boeing planes that become too technology driven to the point they crash

just sayin...........................

Don't need engineers you'll have more robots.

I can go on...

Driverles cars - driving involves multitasking using eyes ears hands etc. They're deskilling people.

They're making humans obsolete one way or another.

Edited by TangoVictor32

On 4/5/2019 at 8:23 AM, Rory RSC said:

If that is the case then it won't be a bad thing and they will be great with the advanced tech that is available. The world changes, embrace it you can't get off. 

I couldnt disagree with this any more if i tried, being the father of two teenage kids whos life is dictated to by facebook instragram and the likes they no longer have any social interaction outside the cyber world, the first question asked these days when we book a holiday is does the resort have fibre broadband and not that rubbish connection !

My grammar is poor but i try, most of my poor schooling was down to me wanting to be on the rubgy pitch or in karate tournaments the kids of today just use text talk or predictive typing which they often pick the wrong word. 

• Like 1

It also seems that being thick isn't a thing of shame anymore, I understand the text talk and brief enquiries as they don't really have the communication skills or are just too thick in trying to articulate their point.

My education was also non existent, in fact I never even attended secondary school, but I am polite enough when making enquires into something I am interested in, I think its a lack of manners to just send a two word enquiry as we often receive also a lot of customers don't seem to have a decent attention span.

Worst example of manners I get regularly is like the one I had yesterday.

Merc E @ £10,990

£6000?

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 2:12 PM, EPV said:

I had a buyer on a Scirocco in here two days ago, said he came and saw mine first because of the write up. I do like to paint a picture of what it's like to own the car where possible.

As ever, in this industry, you can't be everything to everyone. There will be people who look at a few photographs and read two lines of your advert and ring and there will be people that will move on to the next advert because yours simply states a spec list of the car. Horses for courses.

James I try to follow your more descriptive approach nowadays. I do sometimes wonder if it comes across as too much. Still have people asking silly questions when everything is already in the advert.

1 minute ago, tradegirl said:

James I try to follow your more descriptive approach nowadays. I do sometimes wonder if it comes across as too much. Still have people asking silly questions when everything is already in the advert.

Horses and water etc.

When someone rings and asks to book a viewing in, after you have qualified them, taken details etc and you ask "do you have any questions for me about the car at all?" and they say "no, I don't believe I have"  which happens to me a lot, more than not, then you know you have done your digital job right.

You can't be everything to everyone.

Some people won't read the advert. It doesn't matter if you write a boon and mills style write up of the car or write "black, 3 owners, £6,995" either way, they are going to ring you and ask "how many owners" 

Some people may narrow their choice down to three cars, or two, a shortlist. One advert has given them all the info they need, they feel ready to see it. The other two have huge gaps in the information level and have left many questions unanswered. Who's car do you think they will start sub-consciously buying?

You can only put the info out there. If some people don't read it, they never were going to. But if by putting the info out there, it earns you more sales, from those who like to have all the information spoon fed to them, why wouldn't you, I think.

On 06/04/2019 at 0:50 PM, Dan W said:

It also seems that being thick isn't a thing of shame anymore, I understand the text talk and brief enquiries as they don't really have the communication skills or are just too thick in trying to articulate their point.

My education was also non existent, in fact I never even attended secondary school, but I am polite enough when making enquires into something I am interested in, I think its a lack of manners to just send a two word enquiry as we often receive also a lot of customers don't seem to have a decent attention span.

.....and it seems to be getting worse - I think I’m correct when I say more than 50% of the emails I receive haven’t the courtesy to say Hi, Hello, Good Morning/Afternoon, Please, Thank you, or Best Regards. 

Funnily enough most of those emails are from the “Last price?” or ‘ridiculous offer’ brigades.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

have you still got car ?

yes

what will you take ?

price is advertised

where are you ?

in bed, but the cars location is next to the advertised price

:lol:

People like that i become weary of.

Just the language tells me:

Chav

Rude effing this effing that

Kick the tyre

Spit

Pull trousers up

Hood or cap

Talks loudly when there is no need

Turn up with more chavs

Recently we become somewhat cautious in showing such people any vehicles due to all the recent crimes that have taken place. Such people have this characteristic in their language that tells you that may randomly punch you or pull out a knife.

I know some might say i am being over the top but from experience you know who are the naughty ones.

Like someone said i much prefer the good morning types.

"Good morning, err am querying about the JagUaar" (the way they say Jaguar and good morning you know its someone genuine, polite and somewhat decent"

I have  the corner shop type rule "one school kid allowed at a time" - but i rather have none

15 hours ago, BHM said:

.....and it seems to be getting worse - I think I’m correct when I say more than 50% of the emails I receive haven’t the courtesy to say Hi, Hello, Good Morning/Afternoon, Please, Thank you, or Best Regards. 

Funnily enough most of those emails are from the “Last price?” or ‘ridiculous offer’ brigades.

LIKE. There’s a subculture of morons cretins and imbeciles. 

One of the first things you learn as a child is to listen and always read the question (at least twice). 

These subhuman types never even got to that stage... absolute pond-life and they are getting worse. 

Edited by Arfur Dealy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

There’s a subculture of morons cretins and imbeciles. 

One of the first things you learn as a child is to listen and always read the question (at least twice). 

These subhuman types never even got to that stage... absolute pond-life and they are getting worse. 

:lol:

This would look good on an "about me" page...

Wheeler Dealer extraordinaire and spotter of the following... "a subculture of morons cretins and imbeciles, absolute pond-life and they are getting worse" ... .:D

Unless of course you have read the description, watched the vid and sent a depo.. then the price is right so ... Come on down.... ;)