Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

I don't exactly need it, but I got a good deal lol

Just bought this off the Van lol, it will get used in my Van kit, already have the 3/8" drive one, this is a 1/2" Drive animal ................

Gun plus 2 Batteries & Charger and I got to swap the black carry case for a nice and big Green Snap On Holdall Bag which is too nice for the Workshop, but be good to put a few clothes in on a w/e away :lol: 

101939329_sam_1793.jpg

I think the torque settings from the Half inch gun are brilliant when tightening a wheel you can pick from one ugga dugga or two ugga duggas:D

• Like 2

Boys and their toys.. Turn your mother in law over one a wet and cold one that will Dave :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you guys saw / knew my 86 year old Ma in law you'd not even consider the prospect :o

This beastical just undid a Hub nut on an E Class :D

Edited by Dave2302

i was thinking of buying an alternative make as i aint keen on tonto and his mate

Yeah Snap On is dear, but I've been buying it since I was 16 and that's a lot of years, I'd guess 90% of my tools are Snap On ;)

I just like it ;)

Edited by Dave2302

20 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Yeah Snap On is dear, but I've been buying it since I was 16 and that's a lot of years, I'd guess 90% of my tools are Snap On ;)

I just like it ;)

Only tools that work properly , My Lad has Snap on and Mac tools worth more than my house :rolleyes: then i figured I'd bought both tools and house :D

LOL, I reckon I've done a huge mortgage over the years but yeah, it's good gear, and I've still got tools i bought when I was apprentice, and if one broke he'd change it yesterday !!

My old Business Partner was a Mac man, it was good, we always knew what was his and what was mine ;)

Don't have a Mac Van up here lol

Just moved over to a mac roll cab as i have had two snap on's rust from the inside out dont know where they make the new ones but there not a patch on old the old ones. 

42 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Don't have a Mac Van up here lol

I thought you have thousands of McVans up your way ;)

Ho Ho Ho :D

18 hours ago, justina3 said:

Just moved over to a mac roll cab as i have had two snap on's rust from the inside out dont know where they make the new ones but there not a patch on old the old ones. 

That is very true, I have 2 Snap On, one Black that I bought 20 odd years ago, still VGC, and one Extreme Green which I bought 2 Years ago, still mint :)

But although Identical except for the colour, the new one is clearly not as well built ................

I suspect Snap On are outsourcing to the land of Chinesium these days, certainly the booklet that came with the Stack said "Printed in China" and it was only a couple of hunnerid squid dearer than the Black one bought 20 years ago, so that speaks volumes ;)

I don't have rust problems with my tools, workshop is insulated and heated, always at around 18 degrees, I like it that way due to Arthritis everywhere these days ;)

However, when I bought my Black one, my old business partner bought a Mac same sort of size, he has had 2 more Mac's in that period due to them getting old and drawers distort, don't open and shut like the Snap On etc............. Time will tell ;)

There is a local guy who has a huge Workshop / Garage, and a collection of mint RS Fords, his place is seriously heated, and he also uses de humidifiers ;)

7 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Ho Ho Ho :D

That is very true, I have 2 Snap On, one Black that I bought 20 odd years ago, still VGC, and one Extreme Green which I bought 2 Years ago, still mint :)

But although Identical except for the colour, the new one is clearly not as well built ................

I suspect Snap On are outsourcing to the land of Chinesium these days, certainly the booklet that came with the Stack said "Printed in China" and it was only a couple of hunnerid squid dearer than the Black one bought 20 years ago, so that speaks volumes ;)

I don't have rust problems with my tools, workshop is insulated and heated, always at around 18 degrees, I like it that way due to Arthritis everywhere these days ;)

However, when I bought my Black one, my old business partner bought a Mac same sort of size, he has had 2 more Mac's in that period due to them getting old and drawers distort, don't open and shut like the Snap On etc............. Time will tell ;)

There is a local guy who has a huge Workshop / Garage, and a collection of mint RS Fords, his place is seriously heated, and he also uses de humidifiers ;)

give that man a cigar:lol: