Sign in to follow this  
tradegirl

Car dealers legally required to complete recalls?

Hi everyone, I'm a little late to the game. We get recalls done on cars, but I just read that traders can be prosecuted if they sell a car with an outstanding safety recall?

Got a mint 1 series in, and was feeling a bit lazy about getting it done. Not now though!

Edit: don't lay into me for being ignorant of the fact. Recalls still get done, despite my ignorance!

Edited by tradegirl

Out of curiosity what is the one series recall for? I have just taken a deposit on one we have today and the customer mentioned an outstanding recall.

Mark, the battery terminals. I remember someone in here (sorry I don't remember who) on of their BMWs caught fire.

On the other hand maybe I leave it and get a nice payout lol.

I’ve been meaning to ask this. 

If so I fee like: Recalls - another bloody thing to check! Not that it’s not important, it’s just more time, effort, running around, waiting to get it advertised for no extra £££. 

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

I’ve been meaning to ask this. 

If so I fee like: Recalls - another bloody thing to check! Not that it’s not important, it’s just more time, effort, running around, waiting to get it advertised for no extra £££. 

I know Mojo. It's even been an article in this magazine last Feb. Apparently though even regular joes can be fined £2500 If they're driving around with outstanding recalls. Which seems to be like another money grabbing opportunity by the government.

36 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

I know Mojo. It's even been an article in this magazine last Feb. Apparently though even regular joes can be fined £2500 If they're driving around with outstanding recalls. Which seems to be like another money grabbing opportunity by the government.

Ridiculous. I’d love to know what law they’d use to prosecute.

Makes me think of the PRS license bs.

38 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Ridiculous. I’d love to know what law they’d use to prosecute.

Makes me think of the PRS license bs.

Lol PRS and PPL, long time since I had to deal with those.

2 hours ago, tradex said:

I use the DVLA site to check for recalls, then print a copy to go with the PDI, all tickety boo. 

You mean you do the recalls tradexor you don't?

This subject is a prime example of why this forum is so useful.

Whilst I would occasionally remember to check-I was not aware of this being a necessity, and have now added it to my list of jobs. 

Everyday is a school day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

This subject is a prime example of why this forum is so useful.

Whilst I would occasionally remember to check-I was not aware of this being a necessity, and have now added it to my list of jobs. 

Everyday is a school day!

Best way to look at this is if you don't and the customer goes into main dealers for a recall they are getting a health check. You could have the nicest used car on the planet and they will have a list of nice to haves on that health check. I think doing it before the main dealers do is a necessity now.

You must get the recalls done, they are extremely dangerous. I’ve had multiple cut out while driving. And 2 of my customers.

Edited by Grantlfc81
  • Like 1

The great thing about recalls on nice cars, is you have a beautiful green light health check from the dealer to go into your bookpack