Clr268

Vehicle rejection

whilst i agree all garages will be looking for work if a customer comes in and says does it need a clutch at the end of the day the customer has made their mind up and i always find thats it

so

if you leave it trust me here the car will suddenly not be running at all within the 28 days if you reject the rejection as suggested,of course if you have an infinite pot of money and can sleep at night knowing that their favourite grandchild is an arsonist by trade then go for rejection

me

i would beg borrow or steal the cash to repay if my account said no

Begrudgingly Dave, I think your right. Just makes my blood boil when we’ve done nothing wrong, it’s not always about the money or is it? 

Once face to face we’ll try and negotiate a refund reduction, we won’t hold a our breath. 

Many thanks for everyone’s contribution. 

My bet is (presuming clutch is now slipping).  

Got the car stuck doing his job, or tried to pull a root out - burned clutch out and that £50 cash he got for the job will not cover the £300 repair now required.

39 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

clutch isn't slipping or they would of said , they never mentioned about biting point on test drive , buyers remorse for sure .

Definitely not slipping or even high in our opinion, as previously mentioned we’ve done circa 300 miles in the thing the week before.

Small commercial - I bet he thought he was going to have a job for it and later realised the sums don't add up / can't be arsed

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, twerp said:

Small commercial - I bet he thought he was going to have a job for it and later realised the sums don't add up / can't be arsed

yes its a shame this one, if you are still happy with it when you get it back hold out on the refund tell him it will be 5 days which is fare, then go and give a citroen dealer and hours labour to give their opinion, then trump him with the franchise's opinion, it might change his current awkward stance.

ironically where else is he going to find another nice 61k berlingo van, what a numpty.

As said above, do the refund, these people will find  a way to stop it running if they really want the money back. You will sell it again, but do make sure you get the reg doc back before you give them any money - and make sure they know the refund is a goodwill gesture so they dont try and take you for any extra costs.

We’ve now agreed to refund with reduction of costs. They just don’t want the vehicle as most predicted (Buyers remorse). It’s been a strange one but onwards and upwards. Thanks for all the comments once again. 

9 minutes ago, Clr268 said:

We’ve now agreed to refund with reduction of costs. They just don’t want the vehicle as most predicted (Buyers remorse). It’s been a strange one but onwards and upwards. Thanks for all the comments once again. 

Did they admit there was nothing wrong with the clutch and that they just didnt want the van anymore ? 

No still saying it was the clutch that prompted their decision. Just doesn’t make any sense. We are due to collect shortly. And get on with buiness. I’ll update as soon as we’ve driven the vehicle. 

dont forget to note the the date/time out and date/time back in, so that your not responsible for any speeding/parking etc offences .

8 hours ago, tradex said:

Some of these garages are savage when it comes to 'trade may pay' issues. 

Brother in law had a Civic go thru a Holdens Honda complimentary check over, 12 plate with 70k up it, a week after sale. 

Came out with items such as "may require clutch in future" , "may require front and rear discs in future" 4k worths of rubbish that tainted a 4k car for the buyer and lots of grief to boot. 

They should of said....may require a new car in future afterall the things wearing out as soon as its built. :rolleyes:

my local mot station gets this all the time, they test a car, 1 month later customers on phone they've had a "free:rolleyes:" health check, and tyres are cracking discs are worn etc, he tells me they use a [the main dealer] traffic light system, green monitor, red change straightaway on there checklists, one customer phoned and said " but my tyres are on amber and i am really worried " :lol:

bonus systems have a lot to answer for :angry:

Aren’t Berlingo clutches ALWAYS high? That’s how they are & you can tell when they’re well worn cos the pedal goes heavy.

I’m assuming it’s not slipping in which case sack them off - I couldn’t give a toss whether or not a customer prefers a different biting point or pedal weighting. There’s a vast difference between NEEDS and WANTS. 

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Aren’t Berlingo clutches ALWAYS high? That’s how they are & you can tell when they’re well worn cos the pedal goes heavy.

I’m assuming it’s not slipping in which case sack them off - I couldn’t give a toss whether or not a customer prefers a different biting point or pedal weighting. There’s a vast difference between NEEDS and WANTS. 

LIKE, I've got someone collecting a Teepee tomorrow, 112k 2010 and the clutch is exactly the same as the one you sold its more of a characteristic than a fault!