Zee

Oxidised Headlights

Hi all sorry im new here was reading up on oxidised headlights and a quick google search brought me here :), just a quick question I have used Holts headlight restore kit which worked amazingly good, however after a few days the headlights have started becoming hazey again, is this normal or have I not done something correctly? It was 4 stages of wet sanding, polishing and then using a uv sealant spray.. Im not sure if its the best it will get but after spraying the sealant letting it sit then buffing it out the headlight looks greasey and has become slightly hazey again over the few days?

Tried to upload pics but wont allow me to... any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks...

16 minutes ago, boring dave said:

did you dry the lenses before adding the uv coat

Yes I did

12 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I Smell SPAM.....

Dealership name..... Headlight Restoration!

Didnt know what else to put? Jheeze

11 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I Smell SPAM.....

Dealership name..... Headlight Restoration!

I might be wrong, but I think he’s asking for advice. Try again Stalker

4 minutes ago, True trade said:

Yeah just after advice, theres always one who has to police the net! Ive changed it now hopefully the 'Stalker' will get a good nights sleep... lol

Edited by Zee
Spelling error

43 minutes ago, Zee said:

Yeah just after advice, theres always one who has to police the net! Ive changed it now hopefully the 'Stalker' will get a good nights sleep... lol

Bloody newbie gets an edit button !! I want and edit and like button !! Please CDM sort it out :)

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Bloody newbie gets an edit button !! I want and edit and like button !! Please CDM sort it out :)

mine works

but then i havent entered the girls room:lol:

erighwdruipthw4u0thijbvngpvijw 9uhqgujipjrufj-nlbjlkjew89-ghe9-ip

Edited by boring dave
coz i can
  • Like 1

If the coating has not cured correctly in dry warm conditions letting the cold and damp get to it will make it bloom, warming with a heatlamp may get rid of it, if not strip off and redo. I sell a coating and in fact sell a professional kit, you would not want to pay the price of it though.

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

So how long u been in the Motor Trade then mates ?

19 years personal experience, 2 retail sites with over 100 self funded cars, paint shop, in house mechanics, 10employed staff. How about you mate?

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I have never had this problem with edit or like buttons! I'm on FIREFOX browser and mixture of operating systems.. Have you cleared your PC cookies or on the device you have??? Got to be a local issue otherwise non of us would av em Arfur; well thats wot I reckon... :blink:

4 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

So how long u been in the Motor Trade then mates ?

19 years personal experience, 2 retail sites with over 100 self funded cars, paint shop, in house mechanics, 10employed staff. How about you mate?

40 minutes ago, True trade said:

I think Dave was referring to the OP. “Mates” is a reference to our resident newbie, perennial i’d say, despite hoards of useful advice, Lucas. 

6 hours ago, True trade said:

If I’m wrong i apologise. 

However if Zee is a “motor trader”.... time shall tell when they chip in on other posts and help out. 

6 hours ago, Zee said:

Yes I did

Didnt know what else to put? Jheeze

Zee, sorry if I hurt your feelings. 

We get several posts on here from newbies offering their services. 

With regards to your enquiry, we polish the living daylights out of dull/faded headlights with G3 then buff them up with normal body polish. Never had any complaints, I presume you mean  plastic headlights and not glass ones? 

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

If I’m wrong i apologise. 

However if Zee is a “motor trader”.... time shall tell when they chip in on other posts and help out. 

Zee, sorry if I hurt your feelings. 

We get several posts on here from newbies offering their services. 

With regards to your enquiry, we polish the living daylights out of dull/faded headlights with G3 then buff them up with normal body polish. Never had any complaints, I presume you mean  plastic headlights and not glass ones? 

Yes its fine tbh i didnt know what else to put when i signed up, iv actually got nothing to do with motortrade was just after advice but people take forums to seriously lol... and thanks il just leave em they look better than before atleast lol 

Brilliant zee:o come back for some more free advice your welcome. Must say i haven't been a member of this forum for long but been in the motor trade for over 10 years now and found this forum when needed some advise and to be honest the people on here have been brilliant and always good advice given and all for free, but some people just take the piss like this moron. The amount of advice given to newbies on this forum who are just starting out always get the best advice as myself and most on this forum learned the hard way without free advice had to do it all from scratch. Honestly people like this guy really get on my nerve:angry:

33 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Brilliant zee:o come back for some more free advice your welcome. Must say i haven't been a member of this forum for long but been in the motor trade for over 10 years now and found this forum when needed some advise and to be honest the people on here have been brilliant and always good advice given and all for free, but some people just take the piss like this moron. The amount of advice given to newbies on this forum who are just starting out always get the best advice as myself and most on this forum learned the hard way without free advice had to do it all from scratch. Honestly people like this guy really get on my nerve:angry:

Cheers pal, hats off to those who weren't acting like arseholes lol..

Find a breakers and buy a pair of headlights for fifty quid and spend the time you saved in the pub behaving like a normal human being instead of polishing fucking headlights 

We all I gues know that the part of the headlight that degrades is the protective coating, I suggest when you remove it apply something back on. if only a paint sealant, you never know you may own that car again.

15 hours ago, True trade said:

42 year personal experience, including full Manufacturer, (not dealer), apprenticeship, then built a large Auto Transmission firm, ran that for many years, 8 lifts, 14 employees, would also buy and sell 10 to 12 pcm ...................

Then I sold up 12 years ago and relocated away from the rat race, semi retired, got bored, now a one man band with fully equipped workshop, paint shop and buy & sell 4 to 6 per month ............... All self funded over the years ;)

And yes .............

13 hours ago, EPV said:

I think Dave was referring to the OP. “Mates” is a reference to our resident newbie, perennial i’d say, despite hoards of useful advice, Lucas. 

Exactly what EPV said, I was asking the OP Zee, yes "mates" was a reference to Lucas threads, and as I suspected, the OP has fuck all to do with the Motor Trade .......................

13 hours ago, EPV said:

Find a breakers and buy a pair of headlights for fifty quid and spend the time you saved in the pub behaving like a normal human being instead of polishing fucking headlights 

What breakers do you know that lights are £50 a pair

we needs names:lol:

4 hours ago, boring dave said:

What breakers do you know that lights are £50 a pair

we needs names:lol:

Given the fact the lights are clouding i’m Assuming the cars is old and therefore spares are common. If it’s an Aston Martin DBS i’ll requote :)