Sign in to follow this  
P118

service invoices

Hi guys hope everyone is making lots of money and selling :)

Now and then if I have a car come in with full main dealer service history but only with a stamped book I ring said dealer and ask for service invoices to be sent by email with work carried out to back what the book is saying, but lately I am getting the response we cant do that due to data protection even though I have V5 with previous owners details. I even say block them out and then send me the invoices :lol:

Do any of you guys get this or is just me? 

Have BCA stopped passing on invoices now as well? Might just be coincidence but that last few cars I’ve bought, even with full history, have only come with the service book and nothing else.

5 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Have BCA stopped passing on invoices now as well? Might just be coincidence but that last few cars I’ve bought, even with full history, have only come with the service book and nothing else.

I dunno if they have stopped or the car only came in with the book its a shame because I would rather invoices over the book anyone can stamp the book.

This car I have got has got full ford service history including cambelt change but no invoices just book I am waiting on a call back from ford tomorrow fingers crossed   

I can’t blame them. They don’t employ staff to drag up old invoices, redact customer details, scan them & then email them.

Never mind GDPR, I’d simply tell you “No”.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I can’t blame them. They don’t employ staff to drag up old invoices, redact customer details, scan them & then email them.

Never mind GDPR, I’d simply tell you “No”.

TBH GDPR has nothing to do with it I am interested in the vehicle don't want to no anything about the last owner, as for dragging up old invoices hardly hardship when things are all on computer :lol:

I guess the problem is the invoices all have customers names, phone numbers, addresses, etc. 

7 minutes ago, CCC said:

I guess the problem is the invoices all have customers names, phone numbers, addresses, etc. 

So does this mean bca will stop giving out service invoices with cars as lakeside said above. as these invoices will have previous owners details on.

same as the v5 has the last two owners on the front with names and addresses? lets face it no one never really needs to no who the last 2 owners were apart from dvla  

seems all abit silly if you ask me

then you get random cold callers offering crap where they get my details, thought they were secure :lol:  

Not saying I agree with it, but yes you could see that happening if someone got paranoid about GDPR. Some very stupid interpretations going around and a lot of middle managers averse to risk taking.

annoyingly v5s no longer show previous owner names and addresses.  

Especially, as most peoples details for sale on the black web as you point out. 

Edited by CCC

I think BCA will still give the invoices/receipts if they have them, as they list these in the description....

I think it's accepted that if the previous owner willingly passed the invoices over with the car, they are effectively giving their consent for them to be passed over is my understanding. 

It's not BCA. 

People have stopped passing on invoices when they sell / part exchange. Digital and Online service histories are putting an end to all of that. 

If I get a book with multiple stamps from the same dealer I will ring them to verify that they have indeed seen that vehicle and done the work but I won't require copies of the invoices.  

If a customer wants to double check (as in IF THEY DON'T TRUST ME) they will be invited to ring that dealership themselves at some point between leaving their deposit and collecting the car. 

If a customer wants copies of service book in WhatsApps or emails before having left me a holding deposit I will usually NOT give out that information. 

• Like 4

I have a few v5s which I had to apply for, they have my name as keeper but where it says Previous keeper it just says 1,2,or 3. No details of previous keeper anywhere.

2 hours ago, Pip said:

I have a few v5s which I had to apply for, they have my name as keeper but where it says Previous keeper it just says 1,2,or 3. No details of previous keeper anywhere.

Yea since GDPR law changed previous owner doesn’t show on newly issued v5’s.

Got this today from Mercedes. They said if I attend in person with the V5 they can give me a copy! 

^ was Brooklands. Wonder if you could go to a local main dealer to get from other main dealers. 

59 minutes ago, Paul5 said:

Wonder if you could go to a local main dealer to get from other main dealers. 

Yes, absolutely. Central system.