Sign in to follow this  
Pip

What would you do Toyota Yaris

EML illuminated is an automatic fail. Unless the tester has grit in his eye & doesn’t see it :lol:

Tbh does the E stand for Engine or Emissions? It depends upon which manufacturer’s manual you are reading.

Hi,

/\ /\ /\ yeah, you're quite correct, these days, (since last years rule changes), it is now an Automatic Fail, so my above post is bollox, please disregard, no milfs or small furry animals were harmed in the making etc etc etc  

I don't see the problem. Get a used sensor on eBay or from the breakers and if that doesn't fix it change the timing chain and sprockets.

If it's the chain you'll know as it rattles like hell

This is a two hr job at most, and really quiet straight forward. I've personally done many in the past and happen to have a new kit in a box I'll take £30 for.

Easy fix either way

On 2/5/2019 at 10:21 PM, have a word with the wife said:

bump

p0146:rolleyes: ?

Its been missed by quite a few...

Dont mess about with a camshaft sensor... google the code ....

P0146 – Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) / oxgen sensor (O2S) 3, bank 1 -no activity detected

Ta da!

• 18 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Its been missed by quite a few...

Dont mess about with a camshaft sensor... google the code ....

P0146 – Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) / oxgen sensor (O2S) 3, bank 1 -no activity detected

Ta da!

On 06/02/2019 at 0:35 PM, BHM said:
    • EML illuminated is an automatic fail. Unless the tester has grit in his eye & doesn’t see it :lol:
    • Tbh does the E stand for Engine or Emissions? It depends upon which manufacturer’s manual you are reading.
  • blame the OP pip we took him/her on their word the code had been checked :lol:

/\ /\ /\ Ditto ;)

So what eejit told OP it was a Cam Sensor then, I'm afraid I'm usually to busy to look up code numbers, I base my forum replies on what is reported here ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave2302 said:

/\ /\ /\ Ditto ;)

So what eejit told OP it was a Cam Sensor then, I'm afraid I'm usually to busy to look up code numbers, I base my forum replies on what is reported here ;) 

DITTO DIT/\ /\ .\

• Like 1