Mark101

Citroen Help Please

17 hours ago, Stalker said:

Right.... Mark. Back on topic.

We have a Pug 308 1.6 HDI that has been plaguing the life out of us for a couple of weeks.

DPF filling up too quickly, EGR sticking, probably the root cause i reckon. Its soaking in Mr Muscle as we speak.

The give away for us, was when we turned the engine off and the EGR did its self cleaning process, it sounded like a barn door opening and shutting (No EGR codes have ever appeared).

It could be one of many many things - apparently any fault on a PSA diesel that may have an indirect consequence to the DPF or its ability to regen will bring up a DPF message. 

I’ve just been told my DPF message is due to glow plug(s) failure, apparently during a regen on the 2.2HDi the glow plugs come on. There’s  obviously more to regenerating DPFs than squirting diesel into it and setting fire to the soot :lol:

9 minutes ago, BHM said:

It could be one of many many things - apparently any fault on a PSA diesel that may have an indirect consequence to the DPF or its ability to regen will bring up a DPF message. 

I’ve just been told my DPF message is due to glow plug(s) failure, apparently during a regen on the 2.2HDi the glow plugs come on. There’s  obviously more to regenerating DPFs than squirting diesel into it and setting fire to the soot :lol:

Yes the glow plugs are critical, as it blasts the diesel directly at them on the exhaust stroke to vaporize the diesel to heat up the DPF and start the regen procedure ;)

Looks like I'm having a trip to Gods Country then because you lot are blowing my mind with shit I know nothing about.

Though heater plugs were to aid starting from cold only.

Just now, Mark101 said:

Thought heater plugs were to aid starting from cold only.

Snap.

/\ /\ /\ not "these days" (well not for quite a while now) ;) 

didnt vw invent glow worm module relays to get emissions down?

oh not it wasnt them they used other means

Yeah, but VAG were stupid / lazy enough to use that code in a Bosch ECU, which all use the same parameter locations, so even a spotty 12 year old can see what's going on inside a Bosch ECU ..........................

Ford on the other hand, on EEC IV onwards would change their PID location addresses every few months, making it a lot harder to spot a bit of code like that ;) 

As do a lot of other Mfrs ....................

VAG was just the tip of the iceberg ;) 

Plenty others using the same type of code to reduce emissions, they all never got done because it couldn't be proven from their s/w ;)

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Worse than that Dave, from what OEM R&D boys told me. 

They ran a development version of Bosch s/w under that, the s/w that wouldn't get out of a test cell. When Bosch announced that the R&D s/w version and licensing would be pulled and no longer be supported VAG kicked off. Bosch granted VAG alone, an almost endless agreement on that old s/w and protocol and, with that a confidentiality agreement. 

.....Bosch knew/had an inkling of what was happening at VAG. 

Ain't rocket science, other OEMs always wondered how VAG got away with it for so long, the hardware just couldn't do the job of supporting the emissions/mpg/performance triangle. 

This sounds interesting, Siemens/VDO/Continental must be involved too?

The 1.6 tdi is a Siemens ECU and injection system, the 2.0 tdi is Bosch.

21 hours ago, tradex said:

EPA were VERY on the ball in the 90's, but word is most of the good guys have gone to OEM's leaving only the deadwood, all due to a massive drop in real world wages. The good erns voted with their feet. 

Hit the Nail square on the head there, pay peanuts get moneys lol !!

Some of these new Citroens and Volvos, they have all the bells and whistles, but they plain don't work properly due to the inept twat that programmed all the associated modules ;)

I'm no programmer, but I could do a better job, but the simple fact is they wouldn't pay me enough, or if the bottom line ££££££'s was right they'd want far too many working hours for it ;)

35 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Hit the Nail square on the head there, pay peanuts get moneys lol !!

Some of these new Citroens and Volvos, they have all the bells and whistles, but they plain don't work properly due to the inept twat that programmed all the associated modules ;)

I'm no programmer, but I could do a better job, but the simple fact is they wouldn't pay me enough, or if the bottom line ££££££'s was right they'd want far too many working hours for it ;)

thing is everything is done as cheap as possible

ive always argued you cant get a worse environment than a working car

apart from the titanic of course but even that had stiffcats