Sign in to follow this  
ExCouncilJobsworth

Basic Autoraper limited?

Wanting to use Autoraper now but thr basic trade advert has a 300 character limit??

Am guessing I need to purchase a £££ package to increase the limit?

How are you to sell a car with 300 characters?

Dont fancy a pricey package as I sell a few per month at the most and do it part time

:huh:

I don't know what a basic trade advert is but on my package (it's not premium) I have 2100 Characters. Are you ads pay as you go?

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I don't know what a basic trade advert is but on my package (it's not premium) I have 2100 Characters. Are you ads pay as you go?

Yes that's what am looking at the moment because i only hold a stock of upto 3 at a time as i do it part-time.

I dont fancy spending on a hefty package as i also use Gumtree and Ebay

36 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Wanting to use Autoraper now but thr basic trade advert has a 300 character limit??

Am guessing I need to purchase a £££ package to increase the limit?

How are you to sell a car with 300 characters?

Dont fancy a pricey package as I sell a few per month at the most and do it part time

:huh:

Make your photos really stand out, do a full video appraisal and show a link to your website.

"Exceptional example throughout, fastidious service history, prepared to the highest standard, complimentary warranty. PX is welcome. Please visit ECJ.co.uk for full details.  Many thanks"

• Like 1

when you say basic package, how many photos is that? We’ve got Autotrader account for buying tools but payg on ads as not constant neigh to justify monthly. We do tend to go for premium ads though.

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Make your photos really stand out, do a full video appraisal and show a link to your website.

"Exceptional example throughout, fastidious service history, prepared to the highest standard, complimentary warranty. PX is welcome. Please visit ECJ.co.uk for full details.  Many thanks"

+1. You can give them all the patter you want on the video.

4 hours ago, CCC said:

when you say basic package, how many photos is that? We’ve got Autotrader account for buying tools but payg on ads as not constant neigh to justify monthly. We do tend to go for premium ads though.

And dont think there is option to add video?

3 week advert

With respect, the packages are meant for dealers and the PAYG adverts meant for private sellers. I understand you want to keep your costs down (don’t we all) but if you want all of these features that we all pay the price for (website link, logo displayed, ability to post videos, statistics/feedback on number of advert views) then you’ll have to ante up i’m afraid! 

there is NO video option on the PAYG package..........................  you can put a link in the box but nothing gets published, You need to be contracted for  video

I didn’t know this. Being on a package since 2011 I guess it’s been a while since I last posted PAYG. 

When I first got a 5+2 package I was so relieved I no longer had to buy exactly the same car to re-use a pre paid PAYG slot :-)))

• Like 1

I for one am pleased that there is atleast some differentiation and "enhanced" features for those who commit to a package.

It annoyed me that plastic traders and private could place an ad for one car, with more or less the same features cheaper than me on a package.

Nick is right though, before I signed up - it would really piss me off that you could sell the car on day 1 and unless you had an identical advert, the ad's balance was wasted.

At least on a package you can swap and change cars out within your agreed quantity - much better, plus more words, plus video, plus logo, website link - something AT have done right by their committed supporters.

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

It annoyed me that plastic traders and private could place an ad for one car, with more or less the same features cheaper than me on a package.

This is one of the (many) reasons I stopped advertising with them a couple of years ago. No particularly fair or sensible bulk-buy discount. (That and many other reasons we’ve done to death on here previously I won’t go into again just yet for fear of stirring it up again ;o)

13 hours ago, EPV said:

With respect, the packages are meant for dealers and the PAYG adverts meant for private sellers. I understand you want to keep your costs down (don’t we all) but if you want all of these features that we all pay the price for (website link, logo displayed, ability to post videos, statistics/feedback on number of advert views) then you’ll have to ante up i’m afraid! 

No.

2 types of payg. One for privates and one gor traders. You can't sell a car as private when you're trader... 

@tradex it's business sense to not pay £600pcm to list 2 to 3 cars when you can pay a lot less.... 

If you're happy to pay 98 quid for a ribbon printed circuit then that's good for you. I certainly won't. No one uses the tail glass on estates anyway. It's a gimmick....to con you off your money like everything else with modern cars...

11 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

No.

2 types of payg. One for privates and one gor traders. You can't sell a car as private when you're trader... 

@tradex it's business sense to not pay £600pcm to list 2 to 3 cars when you can pay a lot less.... 

If you're happy to pay 98 quid for a ribbon printed circuit then that's good for you. I certainly won't. No one uses the tail glass on estates anyway. It's a gimmick....to con you off your money like everything else with modern cars...

Two types of PAYG? So one from memory is about £58 for 3 weeks. What differences are there between the two? 

58 minutes ago, EPV said:

Two types of PAYG? So one from memory is about £58 for 3 weeks. What differences are there between the two? 

Private sellers get less photos and more time. 

You said the payg for private sellers am saying yes there is and then There's payg for traders £50 plus vat 3 weeks.

How much do you pay for a package?

1 hour ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

No one uses the tail glass on estates anyway. It's a gimmick....to con you off your money like everything else with modern cars...

I do - sometimes I leave my dog in the boot for her own safety and open just the glass for her ventilation.  It is a great feature.

We tend to go for the higher price option, which has changed in terms of how you enter the data but just checked listing and it looks similar to the promoted listing below us. We've got dealer name but no logo facility. We're a bit of a hybrid though as we subscribe to stock and buying side but not ads (not enough volume at present to justify it).

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I do - sometimes I leave my dog in the boot for her own safety and open just the glass for her ventilation.  It is a great feature.

How do you lock the car? 

It wont lock then...

7 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

How do you lock the car? 

It wont lock then...

staff's like no locks:lol:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

How do you lock the car? 

It wont lock then...

I have a border collie, the most intelligent dog.  Never mind how I lock the car, you should see the looks I get when she drives me back from the pub.

Edited by Mark101

8 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Private sellers get less photos and more time. 

You said the payg for private sellers am saying yes there is and then There's payg for traders £50 plus vat 3 weeks.

How much do you pay for a package?

Too much etc etc 

What features do you get for your £50? Logo on the advert? Extra number of photos? More than 20 I mean. Website link? Strap line? 

6 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I have a border collie, the most intelligent dog.  Never mind how I lock the car, you should see the looks I get when she drives me back from the pub.

:lol:

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Gimmick/Con? No, no, not at all, very useful. Split hatches are for getting access to boot area in restricted areas, small garage etc whereby you don't have enough room to open the complete hatch. 

B)

One of best features on any tourer, shooting brake or whatever that I have owned.  I can access the boot without worry about the dog jumping out into the road whilst loading unloading shit.