Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

Any Jimny Buyers??

16 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Well if the demand is so high put the price up and MAKE IT more profitable! Steal market share from another manufacturer...

8 units per year allocation, this is not very helpful for their dealer network. 

I used to be in manufacturing.  Trouble with increasing the price is you suddenly lose market share, which is probably why manufacturers try to reduce costs before increasing prices.

3 hours ago, Dan W said:

Factory cant build them quick enough, for the uk market only 1100 are being brought in for 2019 so its roughly about 8 per dealer !

2020 only 2000 units are expected to come into the uk.

I know its a pain we could have sold 60 already

Can I buy all your 2020 allocation?

Sounds like a good investment opportunity. 

I'll sell them back to you for a £1000 profit each. In fact to save paperwork just send me the profit :P

5 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Only 8 for the whole year? Why are Suzuki so tight with the availability. If you had a Ferrari franchise you'd have higher numbers allocated.

Have one due for a customer around March.  I thought the dealer we use was joking when there was no discount, there are only a handfull of models that don’t have finance support terms and this is one.  

On 28/01/2019 at 6:10 PM, Nick M.K. said:

Why do they like them so much???

I bought a Y reg jimmy one owner car at 19,000 miles 3 yrs ago  in a local night auction near us when i was trotting px car prices when this little thing came in , £950 on the hammer .

Its got bigger wheels , different suspension, different diff now . Stripped it clean underneath and repainted it like new .  Family pet for winter use now , they will go anywhere . Fun little things off road , DRY Tarmac and its bloody dreadful :o

Good buy for the snow though 

15 hours ago, David Horgan said:

I keep getting excited about this snow warning but it doesn't seem to come.  Can't wait to waft past people in the Disco and see what it can do.

Will it be the best 4x4xfar - let's see.

/\ /\ /\ LOL

Just remember they give a false sense of security because they pull away and feel secure in all the Ice etc, but they still don't stop any quicker, and still have a limit of adhesion round a corner ................

You wouldn't believe how many times I've had various 4X4's go blasting past me doing 50mph in the snow with my Van etc, then I get down the road 10 minutes to find said twat upside down in a ditch after bouncing off a rock face :D ........................

Happened 2 days ago that one  :rolleyes:

Land Rover 110 Defender Crew Cab

Fellas in Raigmore now :(

16 hours ago, David Horgan said:

I bought a Y reg jimmy one owner car at 19,000 miles 3 yrs ago  in a local night auction near us when i was trotting px car prices when this little thing came in , £950 on the hammer .

Its got bigger wheels , different suspension, different diff now . Stripped it clean underneath and repainted it like new .  Family pet for winter use now , they will go anywhere . Fun little things off road , DRY Tarmac and its bloody dreadful :o

Have you ever took it green laning?

I modded a PX Vitara with loads of cheap bits and I think it stood us about 800 quid never had so much fun in a car in my life

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I green laned a Toyota Surf (remember those) 16 years go now.

Like you say, brilliant fun and the stuff the car managed to get through was impressive.  Would have liked to have done it in company as I had visions of being stuck alone in the middle of nowhere and having to eat my own arm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Oh yes , we go green laning loads of times , goes places it really shouldn't be possible , very competent little tool as well . 

Loads of fun off road , but on tarmac omg its painful :huh:

Got a discofender :huh: as well , early disco with a defender pick up tub welded on the back , very highly modified and that goes literally anywhere a person dare drive it .

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

Just bought in a nice Freelander. Never hoped for snow before :)