sparky

Manheim's new website

Is it just me, or does anybody else Manheim's new website is a case of one step forward and two back? No doubt the old website needed a facelift but the beauty of it was it was quick and easy to use and you could scan through a catalogue in no time. Whilst their new website looks the part with some nice features, IMO it's painfully slow and a bit on the frustrating side when it comes to going through an entire sale. For me it's a not a hit and is closer to miss than maybe.

• Like 1

I would agree the old one worked well, now each page takes ages to load. You know the saying if it ain't broke but company's do. Sometimes simple is best.

• Like 1

I quite like it but for certain complicated search's, it totally loses the plot and states no cars found! Hoping it's just a case of "teething troubles" which they will get over.

Thank you for your feedback, the website team are working to resolve known issues and you will see improvements very soon.

Going forward, the website will provide a much improved user experience.

If you have any feedback or want to report any issues, email social.media@manheim.co.uk and we will pass on your suggestions to the team.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback, the website team are working to resolve known issues and you will see improvements very soon.

If you have any feedback or want to report any issues, email social.media@manheim.co.uk and we will pass on your suggestions to the team.

Thanks

We already have reported our issues but we didn't even get a notification that you'd received it, let alone any feedback from it sadly.

I moaned about both BCA and Manheim. The priority needs too be on the search engine. Also maximising the number of search results displayed instead of a 'janet and john' version with huge pictues of cars in case you dont know what a Mondeo looks like:rolleyes:

Thanks

Edited by Manheim

Sorry guys I think I just broke it!:D Or is it down for 'maintenance' again?

Just trying to buy via simulcast at leeds commercials, it keeps on dropping out and there is a huge delay and it's not down to my internet connection. Absolute rubbish as far as I'm concerned. The old one was better.

• Like 1

Hi, you still having problems this morning? 

​In all fairness it does seem a lot quicker. However, if there was an option to be able to use the old site then I would, and I'm not a technophobe.

hopefully they'll get the teething problems sorted out and we can buy uninterrupted. Lost out on 2 today as simulcast froze  just as my lots where going through. has anyone else noticed that the bids appear on screen a lot quicker than the voice, today on one lot it said 5100 click to bid but the auctioneer was still at 4400? 

It's hard work, so much so that I'm hardly buying anything on there now. Nothing is clear, you go into a car and it seems harder to get the info you need. Just not as user friendly atall! So annoying, especially when people try to brainwash you like politicians do and tell you how much better something is or going to be!!!

How do you print out your watchlist in 'lot' order?

​In all fairness it does seem a lot quicker. However, if there was an option to be able to use the old site then I would, and I'm not a technophobe.

​Like you still can on BCA:D Although the old BCA search was in my opinion the best of all of them and still superior to their latest 'janet and john' effort

I wonder if the likes of Manheim and BCA actually consult any dealers before making changes or just have the attitude this is what we're doing just get on with it? Over to you Manheim I'm sure you'll respond and let us know.

​Like you still can on BCA:D Although the old BCA search was in my opinion the best of all of them and still superior to their latest 'janet and john' effort

​When it comes to 'stored searches',I must admit I love a bit of old school BCA :)

I wonder if the likes of Manheim and BCA actually consult any dealers before making changes or just have the attitude this is what we're doing just get on with it? Over to you Manheim I'm sure you'll respond and let us know.

​If they did, then I wish they would realise the importance of a car's odour. They obviously  put a lot into their online appraisels, why they can't include a comments section to inform remote buyers the interior has been lived in by an Benson and Hedges smoking Alsation is beyond me. 

• Like 1

Just been buying on simulcast today, no problems at all hopefully manheim have listened and will continue to do so. 

• Like 1

I've given up on simulcast and the app after a very frustrating week of frozen screens and missed lots. Irony is it's the first time I'd been on Manheim in a while as they rang me to ask why I'd stopped buying from them lately!

Today's problem is not with simulcast but with wrong descriptions, bought 2 vans online last week, came in 2 hours early today so that the transporter driver who was dropping them off early could get his full days work done without running out of driving hours, signed for them without checking them over and both are not as described not just silly little things like the odd missed mark here and there but big things like one having covered 10000 miles more than was sold to me and the other one being a 1.9 100ps engine when it was sold to me as a 2.0 115ps engine. Please manheim if you want us to have confidence in buying online you must make sure you have adequate measures and systems in place to ensure the vehicles arrive are as described  because both of these vehicles will be coming right back to you, wasting your time and mine. 

Don't seem to have a problem with simulcast, but agree descriptions are misleading, had to send one back just last week. I'm a small dealer and cant afford to waste time and effort sending cars back. I appreciate they might not be retail ready and budget about £250 prep but that's dependent on fair/good condition from reading their description. I've needed to spend double that sometimes due to cars being in a lot worse condition but as desperate for stock don't want to send back

Not for the first time since it's relaunch, I'm unable to open up simulcast, whilst BCA LOL just purrs along without any issues.