Sign in to follow this  
Blenheim Car Sales

BCA Enfield rant

Buy 80% my cars from BCA all over UK, Brought  a good few from Enfield, Some time in December they change things, They closed the key office and changed the system for  getting your car off site AND THEY THINK THIS IS BETTER MORE EFFICIENT, I was back there yesterday and some how its still in place and senior management are plodding along with this dinosaur  of a system unwilling to accept that its a backwards step some how trying to convince everyone its working, 1 hour wait minimum before your greeted by a man in a yellow jacket cant string 2 words of English, 20 min searching for your car another 20 min digging it out from where it is.

every other site is bar coded where your car is, key office to get keys and then its just asking staff to help remove it, This Enfield site is just wrong its not more efficient its NOT WORKING, Please  listen its wrong you can do better than this, It may have sounded  good when you were locked away in your Office with 15 people  thinking it was  better but i guess none of the  guys making those decisions have ever moved cars around a site, It needs to be changed, I have not got the luxury of 2 hours wasting my  time for something that suits you because it certainly does not  suit me

Rant over...............Feel better now

Enfield is my closest BCA site but I’ve never ever bought there. Not even once. 

Give me Bedford or even Blackbushe any day. 

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Bedford, very well run site indeed but some of their customers are on another planet, great place for people watching:D

Every auction in the land has its fair share of day release candidates...

• Like 2

I bought a few at Newcastle yesterday and managed to collect one but the others were blocked.So we go back this morning and they were still blocked in.It is really annoying when the yard guys are in no hurry and when you tell them that you expect an easy collection because you have paid £300 in buyers fees per vehicle,they just look blank.Other than that, Newcastle is very good ,friendly and efficient compared with the southern auctions.We stopped doing Enfield years ago because the transporter got a ticket while loading near the rear gate so they refused to lift from there again.Wimbledon was another one,the transporter was chased away at 4pm because they would not pull 4 cars because they finished at 5.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

I bought a few at Newcastle yesterday and managed to collect one but the others were blocked.So we go back this morning and they were still blocked in.It is really annoying when the yard guys are in no hurry and when you tell them that you expect an easy collection because you have paid £300 in buyers fees per vehicle,they just look blank.Other than that, Newcastle is very good ,friendly and efficient compared with the southern auctions.We stopped doing Enfield years ago because the transporter got a ticket while loading near the rear gate so they refused to lift from there again.Wimbledon was another one,the transporter was chased away at 4pm because they would not pull 4 cars because they finished at 5.

Such a cheery outlook ;)

They do have a very efficient scanning system that locates the vehicle from a scan on the car windscreen, That is of course unless there is a  bit of ice around and then no one scans anything and cars move and then its not updated, These yard staff are brutal in there breaks there breaks times and are really so unhelpful, its like they go out there way to not want to help even thought they all have jackets saying How can i help or something similar

I thought i had finished my rant ..........................apparently not

Also it's the London attitude. Its generally everywhere.

Go in a supermarket in London and ask them where beans are kept they wont know. Go up north and they will hold your hand and take you to the aisle.

The north south divide isn't just on £££ :lol:

I know Nick regularly expresses his frustration at BCA Walsall but at least they're helpful there unlike Enfield....

Enfield has the worse customer service. And i have regular done the feedback forms online saying this

I expressed frustration once because I’ll never set foot at Walsall again. 

Not knocking Northerners, just the ones working in Walsall BCA and the facility in general. 

20 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I expressed frustration once because I’ll never set foot at Walsall again. 

Not knocking Northerners, just the ones working in Walsall BCA and the facility in general. 

Walsall...Northerners........???

• Like 2

The staff are firendly enough at Walsall, it is the actual site I cannot stand - it wants levelling 

• Like 1

Best Auction hands down for helpful and friendly staff is Shotts Manheim. 

Kinross when it used to be SMA was the best too, free meals ( steak pie up there was something else) get your cars out and pay the next day nothing too much trouble. Went to BCA and turned lost the edge IMO. 

I would say bca nottingham everytime we collect cars from there go key office by time you get to your lane cars have been pulled out just get in and drive to gate

24 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

I would say bca nottingham everytime we collect cars from there go key office by time you get to your lane cars have been pulled out just get in and drive to gate

Is this on day of auction?

No buy online so collect a few days later. I know what you mean on day of auction but trust me even leeds brighouse newcastle are a pain in ass even if you collect a week later. Don't get us started about Manchester bca only bought twice from there and wouldn't go back there all headless chickens 

In my experience

Enfield = at least an hour to collect, rude punters pushing in,  plus being spoken to like a chimp by any staff member

Walsall = as someone says, needs levelling, its disgusting, reminds me of a mental asylum ( **shudder** ) 

Derby = Same as above ( Sh1thole )

Perry Barr = Always friendly ( unless you get that dark haired girl on the front desk, she's a b!tch ) , best breakkie too, but never enough staff to help you get your car = at least 30 mins wait

Nottingham = Best auction by a mile ( and its 2 miles away ) Friendly, great staff, always get your car within 5 mins.

Blackbushe = Just Massive.

Bedford = Good set up, friendly staff and usually out within 20 mins

Belle Vue = For some reason all my cars I've ever got from here have had a problem, usually flat tyres, they must leave nails lying around everywhere.

Edinburgh = Super close to airport and always very helpful - but usually its pissing down

6 hours ago, Mat C said:

In my experience

Enfield = at least an hour to collect, rude punters pushing in,  plus being spoken to like a chimp by any staff member

Walsall = as someone says, needs levelling, its disgusting, reminds me of a mental asylum ( **shudder** ) 

Derby = Same as above ( Sh1thole )

Perry Barr = Always friendly ( unless you get that dark haired girl on the front desk, she's a b!tch ) , best breakkie too, but never enough staff to help you get your car = at least 30 mins wait

Nottingham = Best auction by a mile ( and its 2 miles away ) Friendly, great staff, always get your car within 5 mins.

Blackbushe = Just Massive.

Bedford = Good set up, friendly staff and usually out within 20 mins

Belle Vue = For some reason all my cars I've ever got from here have had a problem, usually flat tyres, they must leave nails lying around everywhere.

Edinburgh = Super close to airport and always very helpful - but usually its pissing down

Do you catch a flight from east midlands to Edinburgh?

If so how much is the flight?

14 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Do you catch a flight from east midlands to Edinburgh?

If so how much is the flight?

Yes, EMA to edinburgh is usually around £39 ish. gets you there before 10 am and then a steady 5 1/2 hours home. 

19 hours ago, Mat C said:

Yes, EMA to edinburgh is usually around £39 ish. gets you there before 10 am and then a steady 5 1/2 hours home. 

How are you getting it at that price? Am seeing £90+

Cheapest i am getting on flybe is In days time for £40 that too it's a night time flight.

And we cannot book so much in advance!

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

7 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

How are you getting it at that price? Am seeing £90+

Cheapest i am getting on flybe is In days time for £40 that too it's a night time flight.

And we cannot book so much in advance!

Same from Manchester its £105 at the times you want to travel and because you end up buying Tuesday and want to collect it Weds you end up paying more. Trains work out cheaper and probably faster as not losing time at the airport.

45 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Same from Manchester its £105 at the times you want to travel and because you end up buying Tuesday and want to collect it Weds you end up paying more. Trains work out cheaper and probably faster as not losing time at the airport.

That was my next question how long do you spend at each airport? Is it like international times and processes ^_^

23 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

That was my next question how long do you spend at each airport? Is it like international times and processes ^_^

Its about an hour before but if you go and its busy getting through it can be cutting it very fine.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Buy 80% my cars from BCA all over UK, Brought  a good few from Enfield, Some time in December they change things, They closed the key office and changed the system for  getting your car off site AND THEY THINK THIS IS BETTER MORE EFFICIENT, I was back there yesterday and some how its still in place and senior management are plodding along with this dinosaur  of a system unwilling to accept that its a backwards step some how trying to convince everyone its working, 1 hour wait minimum before your greeted by a man in a yellow jacket cant string 2 words of English, 20 min searching for your car another 20 min digging it out from where it is.

every other site is bar coded where your car is, key office to get keys and then its just asking staff to help remove it, This Enfield site is just wrong its not more efficient its NOT WORKING, Please  listen its wrong you can do better than this, It may have sounded  good when you were locked away in your Office with 15 people  thinking it was  better but i guess none of the  guys making those decisions have ever moved cars around a site, It needs to be changed, I have not got the luxury of 2 hours wasting my  time for something that suits you because it certainly does not  suit me

Rant over...............Feel better now

I agree. The real cause is greed. They have almost twice the amount of cars on site that their planning allows!

I have watched in amazement on many ocassions 1 or 2 drivers spen 30+ mins unload and move about 20 cars to get a car out for a trader. Then put all cars back. Move on to the next customer and they are moving the same block of cars again! Their new system means your name is added to a list of traders/drivers waiting to collect car.If they had the sense to also write the location down on the list they could sometimes get 2 or 3 customers sorted at the same time. I tried suggesting this once but was met with zombie like stares. I dont think the management have ever heard of time and motion.

• Like 1