Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful South Martin

Google Business Review

Had an email last night from Google business to say I had a new review. It was a 1 star review and just one word TERRIBLE. The name on the review was pretty random like someones ebay user name and does not mean anything to me at all.

I have not replied to it yet, but I can't think of anyone who has issues with me at the moment. Just wondering if anyone has anything similar and if there is a procedure with google to challenge it or have it removed.

Yes, and getting rid of a google review is very hard. If you have other reviews on there, it does, of course dilute it. In my experience, most people who look at such things will take it with a pinch of salt if you do a professional reply. If someone had a real problem with your business, you would know about it. So this is some idiot who likes to go around trashing businesses.

But dont attack the person who has left the review, there was some unfortunate business that got trolled (details were on here a few months back) and tens of awful reviews. That is the last thing any of us need 

Had similar last year with couple of 'unknown' reviews! I simply replied something like ... I didn't know why they left a negative review as I don't know them and have never done any business etc etc ' Think if others look they can at least see yuo have responded and will also see thay are not genuine! Absolute pain when idiots do this sort of this ! Had it with FB couple of years ago similar found out one was a valeter for another used car dealer locally - when I challenged him with similar to above he replied it was an 'error' and quickly changed it !! 

9 minutes ago, umesh said:

Had similar last year with couple of 'unknown' reviews! I simply replied something like ... I didn't know why they left a negative review as I don't know them and have never done any business etc etc ' Think if others look they can at least see yuo have responded and will also see thay are not genuine! Absolute pain when idiots do this sort of this ! Had it with FB couple of years ago similar found out one was a valeter for another used car dealer locally - when I challenged him with similar to above he replied it was an 'error' and quickly changed it !! 

Agree. Lots of idiots. Just need to reply politely that you’re unaware of any issues or who they are. Sometimes these reviews are left at stupid times of the night too. 

Ask them to please call you if any issues and you’ll be delighted to help. 

BTW Umesh- I like that 360 picture jobby on your website. Very clever. How did you do that? 

im not sure about reviews but someone put some totally irrelevant photos up on my google and i got them off within 24 hours

they send me lots of updates so i would certainly try the get it removed ,try citing this is the uk and under eu law you kindly ask that this derogatory remark is removed,it worked for me with some other 3rd party pooping review site

if all else fails just write someting that you were sorry that the scrap car you advertised as suitable for spares only really wouldnt have got him to spain no matter how much he begged you to sell it to him

Had something very similar with Autotrader recently, some idiot left me a negative review who I never met or done business with. Autotrader refused to remove it and obviously backed this idiot above me a paying customer. I removed all adverts and served my 30 days cancellation notice.  

I welcome genuine negative reviews as once responded to can be seen as a positive. But not some keyboard warrior with nothing else to do.

Edited by Merlot

Dear X, I am sorry but I have no idea who you are so can only presume this to be left by mistake.  If this post hasn't been left in error, please contact us in order to understand your grievance and how we can remedy the situation.  Best regards, John Smith ABC Car Sales 

Both of my AT negatives are from people I have never met or sold a car to. Written by absolute pond life both of them. 

Any potential customer who hasn’t been lobotomised will appreciate your positives and ignor the bottom feeders. 

Simple and to the point reply along the lines of -

Dear (ebaytype username),

It is unfortunate we see a one word review from you stating 'terrible'. We strive to offer excellent service at all occasions and take all customer feedback seriously. I have searched our database and have no open complaints or disputes and do not recognise your name. If you wish to discuss further please contact me on phone number / email address and I will personally ensure any matters are dealt with.

Kind regards,

Business owner.

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

BTW Umesh- I like that 360 picture jobby on your website. Very clever. How did you do that? 

It's done using Gard-X Spin app, and for the interior 360 you need a special fish eye camera Theta S, If you're interested more, than happy to get my Gard-X Contact to contact you? drop me a call or email umesh@autochange.co.uk if I can help. 

Our most recent was from a neighbour whose dog s**ts all over the gravel when we're not there, it's all on CCTV so there is no denial. We had a few choice words (and I had to stop my sales guy from feeding the 'matter' back through her letterbox) and received a pitiful 1 star. Happy to leave it up there with well crafted, honest, reply.

The buyers you want to attract will appreciate a professional reply to an obviously BS review, the ones you want to avoid will believe a mis-spelt, grammatically incorrect 1 star review from a scrote. If nothing else it's good for a bit of test drive ice breaking.