Sign in to follow this  
NOACROSS

Stickers /POS yes or no?

Don’t think we’ve covered this before that I can remember- but for those of us with sites or cars on permanent display: who uses window stickers etc. still?

I do, but try to limit it to two or maybe three per car. Particularly, Very Low Miles, Automatic and One Owner mostly. 

I also use roof boards promoting the warranty and price boards promoting the Fonance company. 

On the dash there’s a Silent Salesman Sheet. 

One pitch in my town only has the SS (no price boards) and that’s quite small and hangs from the mirror. 

Another has price boards but no stickers and covers the reg plates with an RAC plate. 

I guess the idea is so that punters have to get out and go have a look. That and they think a punter won’t dismiss the idea of a car in passing for being too old? I just think most look on line anyway- even if they drive past, they’ll look it up online later- so not sure it helps. 

I do wonder if the way I do it is old fashioned. 

Thoughts please. 

Yes I have small sales slogans or attention grabbers like one owner low  miles they work well even if they are old school. No bunting though. 

Price board, silent salesman, window sticker on automatics only, rear window sticker because it's fun spotting them out and about. We used to use those magnetic car topper warranty boards but they kept blowing off (we're on a cliff top site) and scratching car roofs.

Nothing. 

Nothing at all. 

Attention grabber, 2000 word adverts and when they come to view by appointment the deposit is usually already collected in advance. I don’t have walk-ons. 

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

Price boards and silent salesmen.

The silent salesmen are more for me than the customers!

Ha - yes, this is so true.  Old age. You bought the car, photo'd it, did the advert etc. but when a customer asks me the mileage....urrrmmm..

14 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha - yes, this is so true.  Old age. You bought the car, photo'd it, did the advert etc. but when a customer asks me the mileage....urrrmmm..

Number of owners and Mot date on the key tag. 

I dont do the windscreen stickers anymore, I have a roadside pitch. But as everyone else says, its mainly internet driven. And most of the good stickers like 'auto' 'low mileage' etc have gone missing over the years. Dont think 'electric windows' or 'power steering' impress many people anymore....

I think if you are operating a roadside pitch it is all about presentation and colour combination to impress passing trade.So smartly displayed visible prices and info are important.So are big SOLD stickers.The other thing of course is that your stock has to look mint at all times of day.For the old pros in the job,I think Noacross should agree that this is pretty basic stuff.

Just now, trade vet said:

I think if you are operating a roadside pitch it is all about presentation and colour combination to impress passing trade.So smartly displayed visible prices and info are important.So are big SOLD stickers.The other thing of course is that your stock has to look mint at all times of day.For the old pros in the job,I think Noacross should agree that this is pretty basic stuff.

Yup -true as always TV.. 

Try to keep them all clean and is a never ending battle for the Polish lad. We've talked before about displaying all lined up properly and no similar colours next to each other.  My friends think I'm bonkers doing this BTW. 

I only put things like 'auto' or 'very low mileage' '7 seater' or that sort of sticker up as I say.  I'm just wondering if this is indeed an old days thing to do that should be consigned to the 'in the old days we used to..' category and the stickers are straight out of the 80's.  

I quite like the magnetic roof boards as they're smart and makes the place look more 'proper'.  Again, I might be wrong though (and I'm not talkig about those dreadful old frame swinging type ones.)

What about covering the front plates? I know we've touched on this before and I've never done it/don't like it, but what do I know....things change.

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Finance price hangers + finance example in the silent salesman

Same as. Pointless me having anything else as no one will see it. 

On 12/01/2019 at 10:52 AM, David Ayers said:

Number of owners and Mot date on the key tag. 

Love this! 2 things that are asked and I always have to look it up! Def stealing this!

We have a price board, silent salesman with finance example, and slogan sticker across the screen, a few odd corner screen stickers again promoting finance!

used to have the roof toppers & plate covers but wasn’t sold on them so no longer use!

You can of course put, for instance, 2 private owners.

I do put on the back of the tag the mileage and car tax cost, although these are on the silent salesman it can be handy to have them there.