Sign in to follow this  
NOACROSS

Right to repair extension

This is all very good, but :-

Quote:-  Some manufacturers fear that bungling DIY repairers will damage the machines they’re trying to fix, and potentially render them dangerous.

This applies to all things including Cars, and not just DIY but inept Garages as well.

I see this on a daily basis. It's a thorny subject with no real answer.

Thats only for citizens of the EU and US. In a couple of months that will not apply to (most of) us. 

They should look at DIY car self serviced experts :( actually saw brake pads fitted upside down last week on  off side outer pad . 

4 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

They should look at DIY car self serviced experts :( actually saw brake pads fitted upside down last week on  off side outer pad . 

LOL, I could write a book on the subject, and a lot of it would be repairs done by local Garages to me :o

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Thats only for citizens of the EU and US. In a couple of months that will not apply to (most of) us. 

Ha. Have you ever seen Dad’s Army Nick?

Private James Frazer comes to mind  :0)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tradex said:

I found it amazing that only 10% of the scrapped washing machines are under 5 years old, so 90% of them are over 5 years old, now that screams good build quality to me judging by the abuse our one has had.

Our washing machine goes on every day at least once - on a proper 3 1/4 hour wash every time and includes the dogs bed, mats et al.  I paid good money for a quality machine (about £5-600 I think), it is now 3 years old and if it packs up tomorrow, there will be no complaints from me (I never registered the 5 year warranty either).

Same here. We bought Bosch and the only reason the last one was changed was it wasn’t white like the new kitchen and her indoors couldn’t deal with it being silver. New one about four years old now  

My sister bought a Samsung last year and it’s been crap and they’ve given up on it and bought a Bosch. Those Meile ones used to be superb but pricey. 

Like you say. If they last five years or so you feel you’ve had good value. Same with tellys?

Said they wanted TV's fixable as well :lol: they are like phones now , fashion items :D My wife falls out with kettles before they have finished boiling water , Too noisy , don't pour right , cant fill it properly , wrong colour , handles too short , doesn't balance right , lids too hard to get off ,Boils slow  and that's just DEC :angry:

Silly EU rules:ph34r: yet again that finish up costing us more money in my view :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Said they wanted TV's fixable as well :lol: they are like phones now , fashion items :D My wife falls out with kettles before they have finished boiling water , Too noisy , don't pour right , cant fill it properly , wrong colour , handles too short , doesn't balance right , lids too hard to get off ,Boils slow  and that's just DEC :angry:

Silly EU rules:ph34r: yet again that finish up costing us more money in my view :rolleyes:

Like!

We have a machine for tea/coffee now. That two gets changed when the colour doesn’t go. Boiling a kettle is so last year. ;o)

(‘too’ even ) I wish I could buy a new edit button. 

12 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Like!

We have a machine for tea/coffee now. That two gets changed when the colour doesn’t go. Boiling a kettle is so last year. ;o)

I think you can fix your edit button yourself under this new EU scheme.

Yes, my washer is Bosch, my last one Samsung (Samsung did less than 3 years).  My tumble drier is a Siemens (no jokes, the quality washer dealt with that), cost me about £6-700 but it is brilliant.

On another note, I paid a fortune for my TV (LG 55" 3D) about 5 years ago - could by 3 for the price I paid then.  Still going well but when it breaks, it isn't the cost I will be worrying about - it will be lifting the damn thing off the wall again.

nothing gets replaced here

even the broom is 20 years old....bum....bum..................

• Like 1

Ha. Love it. Maybe we can put a deputation together to Nick regarding edit button re-integration plans  ;o)

I have the Samsung 55 TV of the same era. You’re right, much cheaper now. Maybe we should buy a new one before they go up after the Zombie Apocalypse 

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Like!

I've Resisted those machines and even change channel when the advert on TV  goes on about boiling water from the tap :o I'll lose eventually though :lol:

I think the wife is a Ninja really :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha. Love it. Maybe we can put a deputation together to Nick regarding edit button re-integration plans  ;o)

I have the Samsung 55 TV of the same era. You’re right, much cheaper now. Maybe we should buy a new one before they go up after the Zombie Apocalypse 

My Edit Button Works :rolleyes: Must be a CRA law to cover edit buttons surely , its discrimination for one to have access and not another , Must be written in EU law somewhere . They have 500 pages on how to pick Lettuces don't they , edit buttons must be more important then Lettuces now days . Contact that duffus in Belgium " Barmy barny " he will fix it :lol:

David, once you get accepted to the Private chatroom your EDIT button will go away :-)

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

David, once you get accepted to the Private chatroom your EDIT button will go away :-)

I've never applied Nick :rolleyes: maybe i'll stay public :D

The only thing you are REALLY missing out on are the stories by James Bush from the old forum. His customers’ mental health has not improved one bit from last year...

13 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

The only thing you are REALLY missing out on are the stories by James Bush from the old forum. His customers’ mental health has not improved one bit from last year...

:D