Sign in to follow this  
ExCouncilJobsworth

Cheap car stereo or vw stereo code ?

I need a cheap car stereo to replace my double din cassette player (yes cassette) in my 2006 transit van!

I know lidl used to sell some for 20 or 30 quid does anyone if they still do or if there is somewhere i can pick one up from? Cheap as chips

Option 2 is i know a garage that has vw stereos but i will need a code. Where can i get a cheap code from?

Got a drive to London tonight and the radio is boring and the bluetooth fm transmitter things give you a headache and crackle

Most Factors will sell you a half reasonable H/U for around £60 a lidl cheapo will sound worse than what you already got ;)

59 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Most Factors will sell you a half reasonable H/U for around £60 a lidl cheapo will sound worse than what you already got ;)

Many years ago when stereos were popular i had a lidl beauty it wasnt that bad...the outputs in the speakers...the stereo just gives you the input

59 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Many years ago when stereos were popular i had a lidl beauty it wasnt that bad...the outputs in the speakers...the stereo just gives you the input

oh dear..........................:D

Oh dear indeed ...................

I've recently done a £1500 (parts only) Android OREO 8" Screen Multimedia Install with Headrest Rear Screens / DVD's that include IR Headphones for rear seat passengers, BT Phone, Steering Wheel Controls all working, DAB, DVB TV, Proper TPMS, NAVI, Reverse Camera, Internet, Media Cards, USB etc etc on my S Class, and the original Bose Speakers are so good I didn't need to touch them ;) 

Whole lot looks Factory fitted too even puts up the Mercedes Logo when it boots up since I fockedwit :D

Far better than the old dated fibre optic COMAND with CD Changer in the boot :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Oh dear indeed ...................

I've recently done a £1500 (parts only) Android OREO 8" Screen Multimedia Install with Headrest Rear Screens / DVD's that include IR Headphones for rear seat passengers, BT Phone, Steering Wheel Controls all working, DAB, DVB TV, Proper TPMS, NAVI, Reverse Camera, Internet, Media Cards, USB etc etc on my S Class, and the original Bose Speakers are so good I didn't need to touch them ;) 

Whole lot looks Factory fitted too even puts up the Mercedes Logo when it boots up since I fockedwit :D

Far better than the old dated fibre optic COMAND with CD Changer in the boot :rolleyes:

Isn't it strange how quickly car tech dates.  I remember ordering a company car 520d M Sport Tourer with all the toys (2007) brand new, it was full of top end tech, now it looks like a horrible 80's dash.  My 2008/9 Disco 3 - looked to business inside, now looks badly outdated.  Hard to see how a new £100k Range will look outdated in 5 years but they will.

You're both right...but when those systems go tits up... You've had it! 

Sole job of a stereo is to process sound. Yes i sound boring but current technology and future technology is shit. They can easily fuck up and when they do people dont want to pay more than the actual unit to repair it.

Funny world we live in where repairing costs more than manufacturing

Car stereo? Is this a good idea? Since personally for me, it's best when I imagine myself as a biker that goes on a metal horse and also listens heavy metal. Yes, that's funny. However not so long ago I've found an article about trucker headsets where are eight tips for eight headphones that you may want to use. It describes each pros and cons for different headphones. Have you thought about this guys? Since I believe it's best to use headphones and feel more active. However, do you think that it's important for you?

Edited by FlorenceDude

13 minutes ago, FlorenceDude said:

Car stereo? Is this a good idea? Since personally for me, it's best when I imagine myself as a biker that goes on a metal horse  and also listens heave metal.

Are you unwell?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, metcars said:

Are you unwell?

:lol: That Dude’s an arse.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FlorenceDude said:

metal horse  

Big enough clue there for me. 

I remember when the ‘code extraction’ software was free if you knew where to look? Same with ‘mileage correction’. But then they gave it a simpler interface and packaged it up as a ‘side hustle’ business for £1500? 

On 11/17/2021 at 10:29 PM, tiernoCaballo said:

Where is that?

On 11/19/2021 at 8:02 AM, metcars said:

2001 Cleans a big Big carpet for less than half a crown:D