andymc1973

How’s January started out?

Pleased with January sales so far, with 10 deals done and a couple of real crackers on the board along with excellent finance penetration. Even have a Smart car going to Germany of all places?!

Had a TT-S to refund which was a shame, but main thing was the customer was outstanding through the whole time we tried to sort the EML; which just refuses to stay out. Anyway, we can now get it right with no pressure and sell again once its 100% 

I'm hoping strong sales from December/start of Jan continue as we had a fair few tough months last year. 

Covering AT, FB, YT & Google, so we're trying our very best in every department. Thankfully it feels like we're beginning to reap the rewards. 

Stevie

On 13/01/2019 at 2:36 PM, CCC said:

My old man had a 4.4 v8 in the previous model. 8 yrs old and 8 owners, i don’t think anyone (my Dad included) can live with their thirst.

28mpg out of an E70 3.0d is painful but I can’t imagine what that will be doing, perhaps a nice boomerang car.

It was averaging 9 to the gallon and with £500+ a year VED I was surprised it got the interest it did. Sounded great though!

The 525i sold. 3rd viewing that day....2nd person to view claimed the lack of a service book made the service report and invoices for services meaningless and that it had no service history. Go figure. 

the phone has been ringing and it’s dropped quiet, for now 

On 1/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, JimmyGlen said:

Pleased with January sales so far, with 10 deals done and a couple of real crackers on the board along with excellent finance penetration. Even have a Smart car going to Germany of all places?!

Had a TT-S to refund which was a shame, but main thing was the customer was outstanding through the whole time we tried to sort the EML; which just refuses to stay out. Anyway, we can now get it right with no pressure and sell again once its 100% 

I'm hoping strong sales from December/start of Jan continue as we had a fair few tough months last year. 

Covering AT, FB, YT & Google, so we're trying our very best in every department. Thankfully it feels like we're beginning to reap the rewards. 

Stevii

Last January we had the best month in 8 years but this January has been very slow but with a definite upturn in interest and sales this week, iv'e looked at last years stats many times and can't put my finger on why it was so good didn't do anything much different and stock profile was about the same, strange job this.

Less than a week until the end of the month! How are you all getting on?

We've been fairly steady with 7 done but would like to see another 2-3 before Feb ticks around!

6 desposited and 1 desperately trying to find funding (I think they will).  Not great but up until yesterday, I was only on 3 (from 15)

Just now, Mark101 said:

6 desposited and 1 desperately trying to find funding (I think they will).  Not great but up until yesterday, I was only on 3 (from 15)

What was the car they're trying to fund Mark?  Who did you try?

Just now, NOACROSS said:

It is a super(?) little Mini S but a Camden Limited Edition 50 yr jobbie, up on the miles but very very tidy.

https://www.imperial-marques.co.uk/cars/mini/hatch/cooperscamden/218348/

Went to Close Bros. as my preferred lender, whom in turn refererred to Jigsaw - both declined.

In fairness to her, she did warn me about her credit history and the mitigating circumstances but as we know a computer is black and white in their consideration.

Her husband (apparently with good credit) is seeking a loan through his bank and she has asked me to hold the car for two days in order for him to achieve this.

She did manage to get approved somewhere else (not sure where) but she said the interest rate was a complete non starter.

2 in the first week with viewing booked in over the weekend. Got some stock at good prices so hopefully they'll make up for this month!

33 minutes ago, RJEauto said:

Less than a week until the end of the month! How are you all getting on?

We've been fairly steady with 7 done but would like to see another 2-3 before Feb ticks around!

2 strong leads already in the past half hour so hopefully get them dealt! Looks like it will be a busy weekend for us

-Kelly-

Currently on 18 with a few leads coming through. Usually stock around 25-30.

I can't really complain but it's not been as good a January as previous years. 

4 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

UPDATE:  Just called to say they have got a bank loan and will be here on Sunday at 1pm to pay a £200 deposit in order to get the car in for MOT and Service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

UPDATE:  Just called to say they have got a bank loan and will be here on Sunday at 1pm to pay a £200 deposit in order to get the car in for MOT and Service.

Nice! B)

Just now, Mark101 said:

Yay.  Good stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Nice! B)

7 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Yay.  Good stuff. 

I never count my chickens but it is looking good.  

They would have come earlier on Sunday but I told them I will be in no fit state to drive before noon after the session we have planned for Saturday night.

6 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I never count my chickens but it is looking good.  

They would have come earlier on Sunday but I told them I will be in no fit state to drive before noon after the session we have planned for Saturday night.

I know exactly what you mean, but they sound like genuine buyers to me.... 

49 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Congrats! Hope the deal goes smoothly for you.

Our 2 strong leads dealt today too with deposits down so fingers crossed looking good. 

• Like 1

Thank you

I don't know why but the first 2 weeks of each month have always been poor for me.  Week 3 and 4 it really picks up.  Wish it was weeks 1 and 2 and then at least I could relax without worrying about a poor month.

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Thank you

I don't know why but the first 2 weeks of each month have always been poor for me.  Week 3 and 4 it really picks up.  Wish it was weeks 1 and 2 and then at least I could relax without worrying about a poor month.

Then just start the months in the middle of each month on your records

Just now, EPV said:

Then just start the months in the middle of each month on your records

Thought that at the exact moment I was typing but I am an OCD freak - I fucking hate the fact my year end is 31st March, not the 31st December - I should have insisted on that as my year end.

Just now, Mark101 said:

Thought that at the exact moment I was typing but I am an OCD freak - I fucking hate the fact my year end is 31st March, not the 31st December - I should have insisted on that as my year end.

You're in the wrong game mate, you'd make a good accountant with a side line as a car detailer

1 minute ago, EPV said:

You're in the wrong game mate, you'd make a good accountant with a side line as a car detailer

I can't add up and you.....

You should be a counsellor :lol:

Edited by Mark101

Never normally add anything to this thread but as of today we are 11 for the month...:)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DBDlloyds said:

Never normally add anything to this thread but as of today we are 11 for the month...:)

Us too :)