1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

how hard it is to please every customer in this business. 

Yes. Is impossible to please everyone.

Here is a real story. Previously, I had a little car accident with a young man just on the day right after I purchased my motor trade insurance.  I was too worried to go through insurance, so I accepted to pay him £250 after a few text communication with him. Even though that was most likely could be his fault. But I just don't want to have any insurance claim record by that. Then, when I was about to pay him online, he said that he brought his car to his "insurance trusted garage" to have a look, and the garage quote was £1,200 to replace the whole bumper. What? A small scratch on a bumper need to be replaced? By the way, his cars is a manual 2006 Vauxhall Astra has 130,000+ miles on it. I see the retail price on the market is about 900-1,100 only! I said I can hire a local body shop to fix it for him. He insisted I must do it at that " £1,200 insurance trusted garage". Then I told him about £1,000 can buy another same car, there is no point to pay for that crazy £1,200 to replace a bumper. I also said I can buy his car and pay him that £1,200, so he can absolutely buy a newer one with lower mileage by using that £1,200. Or, I could get one better for him just to replace his car.

He was very angry after I said that, and shouted at me, said: It's not for sales! I spent almost three months searching online to find this car! I collected it from 230 miles away. I paid £1,500 for it at that time. It's one owner from new! Not for sales! We will go to insurance! 

Anyway, I spent two days to convince him to accept a £360 cash by having a local 24 years in business body shop quote me a £360 estimation and sent it to him. He eventually accepted.

Something I learned from this little accident is that: some people really difficult to deal with!  Everybody is different!

Edited by Lucas

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Something I learned from this little accident is that: some people really difficult to deal with!  Everybody is different!

Wait until you start selling cars LUCAS :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yes. Is impossible to please everyone.

Here is a real story. Previously, I had a little car accident with a young man just on the day right after I purchased my motor trade insurance.  I was too worried to go through insurance, so I accepted to pay him £250 after a few text communication with him. Even though that was most likely could be his fault. But I just don't want to have any insurance claim record by that. Then, when I was about to pay him online, he said that he brought his car to his "insurance trusted garage" to have a look, and the garage quote was £1,200 to replace the whole bumper. What? A small scratch on a bumper need to be replaced? By the way, his cars is a manual 2006 Vauxhall Astra has 130,000+ miles on it. I see the retail price on the market is about 900-1,100 only! I said I can hire a local body shop to fix it for him. He insisted I must do it at that " £1,200 insurance trusted garage". Then I told him about £1,000 can buy another same car, there is no point to pay for that crazy £1,200 to replace a bumper. I also said I can buy his car and pay him that £1,200, so he can absolutely buy a newer one with lower mileage by using that £1,200. Or, I could get one better for him just to replace his car.

He was very angry after I said that, and shouted at me, said: It's not for sales! I spent almost three months searching online to find this car! I collected it from 230 miles away. I paid £1,500 for it at that time. It's one owner from new! Not for sales! We will go to insurance! 

Anyway, I spent two days to convince him to accept a £360 cash by having a local 24 years in business body shop quote me a £360 estimation and sent it to him. He eventually accepted.

Is it just me or has lucas lost the plot? 

On 03/01/2019 at 5:11 PM, moabbas said:

Happy new year! I seem to be hearing a lot of people leaving autotrader, we have 80 vehicles in stock and are paying around £4.5k + VAT every month! Autotrader does bring in enquiries but not enough to warrant spending £5k every month! What are the alternatives?

Lucas the main man for your enquiries

Sorry mates.

Edited by Lucas

35 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sorry mates.

For people who used to be on the old Autotrader forum, could this be Danny Pryke??? 

The Autotrader turnover last year is £324.3 million. Profit is £220.4 million. What an evil monster!

Edited by Lucas

8 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

No way. Danny was / is a legend. I miss his spelling deeply. 

I used to have to reread his posts multiple times before I worked out what he was saying....

To back to the topic. I just come up an idea. How about we build a new platform together to advertise our stocks together? My thought is forever free for all the traders. But charge private sellers. I think we could make it list on the first page on Google search result after some time. That won't need big money to make it happen. So, It will get some traffic over time. But to make it works, the most important thing: we need a lot of you to join.

I am not joking. We can do that together. It could be a good fun project. ;)  The function and target are simple: let the buyers find us on any search result related to car sale. The platform will be linked to every traders' website, and link to your every product page on your website.

What do you think? 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

To back to the topic. I just come up an idea. How about we build a new platform together to advertise our stocks together? My thought is forever free for all the traders. But charge private sellers. I think we could make it list on the first page on Google search result after some time. That won't need big money to make it happen. So, It will get some traffic over time. But to make it works, the most important thing: we need a lot of you to join.

I am not joking. We can do that together. It could be a good fun project. ;)  The function and target are simple: let the buyers find us on any search result related to car sale. The platform will be linked to every traders' website, and link to your every product page on your website.

What do you think? 

It’s a masterful plan - I can’t believe no one ever thought of it before?! ☺️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Danny is only a mile down the road from me. I’ll go see him and get him on here lol! I doubt he knows another forum exists! 

19 minutes ago, mike101 said:

It’s a masterful plan - I can’t believe no one ever thought of it before?! ☺️

The key is that it needs a lot of us to join together. Why not have a try? We just feel tire every ad site charging crazy money. So, if a free platform can even generate a little traffic to our website will be worth to try. Nothing to lose. This is a fun project for all of us to do together. ;)

Edited by Lucas

15 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Haha like 

Why buyer go to AT website? Because all of us are there. People visit AT just because we are there. Not because they like or trust AT. No! They actually have nothing to do with AT.

So, we and our stocks are the only things the buyer interested in. We can put these all together on the new platform, it will work.

Edited by Lucas

So, that could be an open source project for everyone. Not for profit. Just to solve the problem we are facing. And make a little fun. Free listing, no charge for traders. Everything will be opened, even the source code will be opened for the public to help us debug and improve.

What do you think?

Edited by Lucas

:rolleyes:

First he wanted to be a car dealer... then he wanted to be a car dealer and a garage owner....

Now he wants to take on Autotrader!

What next? Should Richard Branson be looking over his shoulder in case he starts selling day trips to the moon!

Watch out Elon! .... Lucas is coming!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So, that could be an open source project for everyone. Not for profit. Just to solve the problem we are facing. And make a little fun. Free listing, no charge for traders. Everything will be opened, even the source code will be opened for the public to help us debug and improve.

What do you think?

I think you need to sell a car first before you put some of your fabulous ideas across. You need to learn how to walk before you can run. 

1 hour ago, Tony911 said:

I think you need to sell a car first before you put some of your fabulous ideas across. You need to learn how to walk before you can run. 

Sell the car and build an ad platform is a different job! Is the founder of AT sold any cars before he starts AT? He sole nothing in all time, and he is not even a trader I think.

Furthermore,  I am not going to do it myself. I just come up with the idea to solve a problem. 

Edited by Lucas

23 minutes ago, Stalker said:

:rolleyes:

First, he wanted to be a car dealer... then he wanted to be a car dealer and a garage owner....

Now he wants to take on Autotrader!

What next? Should Richard Branson be looking over his shoulder in case he starts selling day trips to the moon!

Watch out Elon! .... Lucas is coming!

That is not about me. Not about what I come up. Nothing to do with Richard Branson. Not only about my business. But about all of us. It's just a thought related to the topic.

I am not saying I will or can do it. Anyone who has the ability should/may do it. I just provided an open mind idea. This idea is free for the public, you can use it, too. Thanks.

Edited by Lucas

55 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What do you think?

I think HELL NO!!!!

Free advertising???

Where do you think your stock will rank among 3 million used car listings??

How easy would it be to find?

How will you compete with all street traders with £100 margin?

Expensive is good when it works. 

48 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I think HELL NO!!!!

Free advertising???

Where do you think your stock will rank among 3 million used car listings??

How easy would it be to find?

How will you compete with all street traders with £100 margin?

Expensive is good when it works. 

Take it easy mate. It won't have 3 million cars listing on it. AT has only 504K cars listing. And I think this could be very close to the total amount of stocks in the market because most of the stocks already listed on it no matter big traders or door steppers.

So, you will be found when the buyer using a filter to narrow their choices.

Furthermore, if pay makes better, then we could also set up some pay feature listing to who want to pay like you. So you can standout by pay for it. Just a thought to answer your question. 

37 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

The nhs is in a bad place at the moment any resolutions to sort it LUCAS??? 

No mate. But my personal suggestion for friends is that eat healthily, do exercise, and sleep early. Just try your best to a minimum need of NHS service as little as possible. :)

Edited by Lucas

So the Expensive Autotrader has 504K listings and the FREE site will not have more if everyone is on it so it works???

The eBay, Gumtree, Facebook, CarGurus, Motors, AA, Parkers people will not want to be on it?? 

Of course they will. 

And when too many people sit on a branch they usually break it. 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

What do you think? 

fbeb28878e758b51b1417396b80ab3ae_zpsq2q1

• Like 2