Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

Comparing two sites: Unit vs Roadside

What an interesting world! The roadside pitch sublandlord offers me 6 years lease with 3 years breaks clause, 3 months deposit only this time. Because I told him I got the unit deal, so today he changes his mind and gives me this offer. I have to give an answer next Monday.

That will be a struggling weekend! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I would still go for the unit mate.

My ONLY regret about the unit is the distance from home (about 35 mins e/w).  Not a problem Mon-Fri because I base myself here but at weekends, I struggle to agree to meet people who want to come and look unless they are ready to buy (weekends are by confirmed appointment, not quite AD style but they need to be ready to deal for me to waste half a day).

Understood. 

There is one more thing that pitch attracts me. It combined with a hand car wash which owns by the sublandlord. We will share one building, he uses the main house, I will use the office. There are approximately 100-150 cars come to the car wash daily. The customer just waiting in or in front of the office. I am thinking that could be the potential buyer or seller.

I have to visit the site tomorrow to get more feeling!

Edited by Lucas

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Understood. 

There is one more thing that pitch attracts me. It combined with a hand car wash which owns by the sublandlord. We share one building, he used the main house, I use the office. There are approximately 100-150 cars come to the car wash daily. The customer just waiting in or in front of the office. I am thinking that could be the potential buyer.

I have to visit the site tomorrow to get more feeling!

Possibly, or they could associate you with illegal immigrants making shed loads of easy cheap money and then disappearing.... I would buy a car from a place like that.....

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

Possibly, or they could associate you with illegal immigrants making shed loads of easy cheap money and then disappearing.... I would buy a car from a place like that.....

Edit !!!!! would should be wouldn't......................

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Edit !!!!! would should be wouldn't......................

Understood. Thank you AD.

I wouldn't touch anything shared with another "Business"

I could imagine it would be some trouble by sharing the place. Buy the location really not bad. Full of cars lining up at the car wash today when I stop by to take a look there. I imagined putting a big ad board in front of the car wash waiting area.  :D

Imagine all the water everywhere and the scuffy punters with wet shoes getting in and out of your freshly valeted stock, no intention of buying, just wasting time while they are waiting for their valet...............

Wasting your time and theirs :( 

Recipe for a PITA IMHO

• Like 1

I think Lucas going there to see a brief snapshot of how it works is a good idea, but taking his own cars? I dunno. He hasn’t got many so might be OK short term. 

You’re right about the mess from the car wash. It will be a pain, but he’s not planning on moving on there permanently (well, not as we speak, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the next thread!)

You need to tell your insurance company Lucas if you’re putting cars there. Even temporarily.  Just imagine if they got nicked overnight and you weren’t covered. Or some idiot drove into one. 

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

I think Lucas going there to see a brief snapshot of how it works is a good idea, but taking his own cars? I dunno. He hasn’t got many so might be OK short term. 

You’re right about the mess from the car wash. It will be a pain, but he’s not planning on moving on there permanently (well, not as we speak, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the next thread!)

You need to tell your insurance company Lucas if you’re putting cars there. Even temporarily.  Just imagine if they got nicked overnight and you weren’t covered. Or some idiot drove into one. 

Understood. The cars not there yet. I just go there by myself to chat, there really nothing need my hands! The gentlemen just introduce his coworker and friends to me.

By the way, my roadside pitch will opens on 1st Feb, the deal made with the landlord today. I got a great deal I think. Very lucky!! :)

I have to prepare for my pitch ground opening! :D

A lot stories to tell you guys later!

Edited by Lucas

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Understood. The cars not there yet. I just go there by myself to chat, there really nothing need my hands! The gentlemen just introduce his coworker and friends to me.

By the way, my roadside pitch will opens on 1st Feb, the deal made with the landlord today. I got a great deal I think. Very lucky!! :)

I have to prepare for my pitch ground opening! :D

A lot stories to tell you guys later!

On 30/12/2018 at 1:28 AM, Mojo121 said:

:lol:

14 Jan today. You got 2 weeks training.

And you will do the prep work for your pitch and go to training.

You sound like someone on The Apprentice that programme ran by Alan Sugar coat...

Clearly haven't got your diary/ planning in order :huh:

Fail to plan = plan to fail :lol: