I noticed that the new car market is a strange one indeed. All the major magazines are offering "find a new car" service, however they simply offer Franchised dealer cars, therefore they are not treating the customer fairly. 

I guess its like Compare the Market having all the most expensive insurance companies on their books but excluding the cheaper ones because the big boys wont like it.

Mercedes think 25% of their business will be done online by 2021 , so the franchised dealer who is keeping prices high (they have to) maybe in for  a shock

What are your thoughts, should magazine likes whatcar be allowed to cheery pick the dealers who dont really discount, is this false advertising. ??

7 minutes ago, MotorNet said:

I noticed that the new car market is a strange one indeed. All the major magazines are offering "find a new car" service, however they simply offer Franchised dealer cars, therefore they are not treating the customer fairly. 

I guess its like Compare the Market having all the most expensive insurance companies on their books but excluding the cheaper ones because the big boys wont like it.

Mercedes think 25% of their business will be done online by 2021 , so the franchised dealer who is keeping prices high (they have to) maybe in for  a shock

What are your thoughts, should magazine likes whatcar be allowed to cheery pick the dealers who dont really discount, is this false advertising. ??

I think we are being conned.....I don’t think you are in the trade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotorNet said:

why not , and you of course are wrong !!

Make him walk the plank.. he is an imposter! I reckon he's an amateur journalist..

Edited by AutoJacob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Haha

Motornet is one of many websites we have , along with hooch motor group and cort vehicles. 

is this usually how new members are treated on here?

15 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Make him walk the plank.. he is an imposter! I reckon he's an amateur journalist..

harsh and not true - I sell new and used cars both traditional pitch and online 

I think if you pay one of the motoring magazines to advertise then you could be on there too? They have their reputation to consider, so if they are 'recommending' a dealer or website, they will want to know its safe for their customers. they dont want a customer saying ' i used someone what car recommended and they were rubbish and ripped me off'

6 minutes ago, MattR said:

I think if you pay one of the motoring magazines to advertise then you could be on there too? They have their reputation to consider, so if they are 'recommending' a dealer or website, they will want to know its safe for their customers. they dont want a customer saying ' i used someone what car recommended and they were rubbish and ripped me off'

totally understand that, im with you, however are they doing the public an injustice? 

ps some franchised dealers are rubbish too ;-)

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hahaha, whether or not you’re correct you can obviously detect a familiar smell - BS.

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

? m gee.....

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

? m gee.....

It was in the drop down when you posted the link,obviously now a discontinued model under the fourth new 10 year  plan, such a shame too she sure was a looker

:D

Miss miss I want the m gee:D

8 minutes ago, boring dave said:

It was in the drop down when you posted the link,obviously now a discontinued model under the fourth new 10 year  plan, such a shame too she sure was a looker

:D

Miss miss I want the m gee:D

Oh..... never heard of one..... clearly a really desirable motor:lol:

B

8 hours ago, MotorNet said:

David, is Motornet actually a business or are you simply introducing yourself as a twat ????  Please don't dance around the question.....

41 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

David, is Motornet actually a business or are you simply introducing yourself as a twat ????  Please don't dance around the question.....

You should check his thread about Facebook...seems to be an undercover salesman in a very strange way...

Supplying new cars directly to end users via outright purchase or PCP is a very closed shop controlled by manufacturers and franchise dealers who spend a fortune building their shiny showrooms with corporate floor tiles.  

Over the years many brokers have got involved in the market (Drive the deal, Broadspeed etc) but they have to supply the car via a franchise dealer.  CarWow seems the biggest introducer at the moment but people I know that have used it to get the best price online and then use it for negotiation at the local dealer.

If you know a way to buy new U.K. market cars without them going through a main dealer I am all ears.

42 minutes ago, Tadams said:

Anyone else had the cheeky private message sales pitch yet  ?? :lol: 

apologies the message was to Contracts (above) its not a sale pitch and only in response to his post

52 minutes ago, Tadams said:

Anyone else had the cheeky private message sales pitch yet  ?? :lol: 

if it was'nt for those pesky kids he would have got away with it:D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MotorNet said:

apologies the message was to Contracts (above) its not a sale pitch and only in response to his post

Regardless who it was meant for a sales pitch is a sales pitch and offering new cars at 30% off and a potential partnership is one of them ;) 

if messaging someone who mentioned they would be interested in learning about that kind of service is not allowed then ban me?

I dont mind being removed from the forum if that is not allowed. We sell new and used cars, and like contracts said, there aint many people doing that in the UK

Apologies for sending it to the wrong person, you will find you and him were the only people i sent that too and yes, we are looking for partnerships in 2019, thats not a sin.

2 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

It is when the truth comes out...reminds me of Max Branning and his affairs....hmmm Stacy

Max Brannings car site runs itself? Where does he get his stock from?

Edited by met

29 minutes ago, met said:

Max Brannings car site runs itself? Where does he get his stock from?

I haven’t watched that depressing soap for years but isn’t his stock capacity 3? Must be full on.

• Like 1