Sign in to follow this  
stockedup!

Feast or famine!!

Had a real busy year overall but the last 3 months have been fairly tough for me.

This month didn't start so great either but did 6 today(4 out of nowhere), there really is no job like it!

The lows are low but the highs are high....its what keeps us doing it I suppose! Probably won't sell anything for a week now LOL

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

They are never “out of nowhere” :-) 

Quite right Nick, should have said unexpected(3 Autoraper and 1 off ebay).

Examples like this are why it's so important to take a long term view in my opinion. Car sales will never be liner, x a month for y months a year. It won't even happen, it's an ebb and flow. Feat or famine as you say OP. Glad you've had a little flurry to add some Christmas cheer.

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

:lol:

I've given up trying to edit! 

9 hours ago, EPV said:

Examples like this are why it's so important to take a long term view in my opinion. Car sales will never be liner, x a month for y months a year. It won't even happen, it's an ebb and flow. Feat or famine as you say OP. Glad you've had a little flurry to add some Christmas cheer.

Absolutely true EPV.

I have had a week of rephotographing cars and rewording ads just to try and paint a slightly better/different picture. Perhaps it has worked!

6 hours ago, stockedup! said:

Absolutely true EPV.

I have had a week of rephotographing cars and rewording ads just to try and paint a slightly better/different picture. Perhaps it has worked!

This can make a real difference. Just a different angle of the car or text in the 'attention grabbers' seems to fool Joe Public into thinking its not something theyve clicked on before

18 hours ago, MattR said:

This can make a real difference. Just a different angle of the car or text in the 'attention grabbers' seems to fool Joe Public into thinking its not something theyve clicked on before

According to Autotrader people spend 11 weeks online average when buying a new car(to them). I suppose if you change it around they might think they are looking at something which has just gone on instead of something that has been sat for months!

I asked my customers in the last 4-5 months about how long had they been looking for a car and at MY advert before they called to arrange a viewing or leave their deposit. 

Less than a week in total was the answer for most, a couple did say it took them over 6 months but a couple said started to look (adverts) on Sat and bought the next day. 

11 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I asked my customers in the last 4-5 months about how long had they been looking for a car and at MY advert before they called to arrange a viewing or leave their deposit. 

Less than a week in total was the answer for most, a couple did say it took them over 6 months but a couple said started to look (adverts) on Sat and bought the next day. 

By what I have seen of your ads Nick they are very good so I can understand a punter coughing up quite quickly. I tend to throw some cars on when I am busy(25 to 30 cars some months) and my attention to detail isn't what it should be. I should employ someone to do other tasks to give me time but I don't seem to be able to find the right person.

I am in the same position so often have a queue of 5-6 cars to be advertised. I think I need a driver / runner / valeter but working from home it is not ideal. Have to be someone very part time in my case. An active retired person who drives like Miss Daisy should be ideal. Except the valeting of course :-) 

10 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I am in the same position so often have a queue of 5-6 cars to be advertised. I think I need a driver / runner / valeter but working from home it is not ideal. Have to be someone very part time in my case. An active retired person who drives like Miss Daisy should be ideal. Except the valeting of course :-) 

Lucas has just passed his test! ;o)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Good for him! He is not going anywhere near my retail cars though :-) 

He'll be okay on the autos!!

2 hours ago, James01 said:
This advert made me chuckle earlier. Pictures don't get much better than that! 

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

Talk about being able to age a pic by the trees!!:lol:

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, NOACROSS said:

Lucas has just passed his test! ;o)

And he is through to the private section on here also, I might have to go through just to see what he posts:D

Don’t. You will lose your like and edit buttons and some photo upload options. 

In return you will read how he only has an automatic licence. 

• Like 1

I hope he’s not a dealer.

You can imagine getting a call a couple of weeks after selling from the customer asking where the tree is? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David Ayers said:

I hope he’s not a dealer.

You can imagine getting a call a couple of weeks after selling from the customer asking where the tree is? 

I've had the pine tree air freshener but that takes the biscuit!!