c_cars

December Thread

Exactly the same as last month here. Got 7 away the first week and not a sniff since, not even any email leads in the last week. 

A flurry of activity last week before I went away on a long weekend, however interest has collapsed (zero calls, zero emails).

Up to 8 for the month now, and I am fairly happy with that. Have bought 7 this week at good money. Just got to get them all through prep now. (Just as everyone shuts down for Xmas :rolleyes:)

How's everyone found the last couple of weeks? Been absolutely dead here. Hopefully some customers show their faces after Christmas. 

I know I'm in a different game these days but Nov and Dec were flat out. I have campers booked in till late March. I'm quoting on Aprils job at the moment. And this is the quiet period, Just wait till it gets busy !!

Got someone starting with me in January as I just cant cope with it. Mrs C has made me take a few days off over Xmas but I know where I would rather be.

With regards to the only car I have for sale.... Apart from the text message bottom feeders I've Not had a sniff on the Z4 I bought at the end of October.  

4 hours ago, James01 said:

How's everyone found the last couple of weeks? Been absolutely dead here. Hopefully some customers show their faces after Christmas. 

Dead as a door nail, had lots of calls in the first 2 weeks that only led to one sale, now its completely dead, hoping for a rush after boxing day!!!

1 hour ago, MrC said:

I know I'm in a different game these days but Nov and Dec were flat out. I have campers booked in till late March. I'm quoting on Aprils job at the moment. And this is the quiet period, Just wait till it gets busy !!

Got someone starting with me in January as I just cant cope with it. Mrs C has made me take a few days off over Xmas but I know where I would rather be.

With regards to the only car I have for sale.... Apart from the text message bottom feeders I've Not had a sniff on the Z4 I bought at the end of October.  

Did you not refuse £400 profit on it from someone on here.Then I think someone else was advising it would ‘waltz out’ for 2 grand profit,you have got to laugh......stick to what you are good at Mr C.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Did you not refuse £400 profit on it from someone on here.Then I think someone else was advising it would ‘waltz out’ for 2 grand profit,you have got to laugh......stick to what you are good at Mr C.

Its only been a few weeks .. I've sat on cars for way longer. 

We've had an awful December.

1 car sold and 2 warranty comebacks, both dreaded DPF issues! :(

Hoping to see a few deals in the next few days to scrape through the month before January.

Full site wash done today, prices and adverts adjusted and 4 new cars to advertise so we're almost fully stocked. Fingers crossed and good luck to all for the New Year. :)

-Kelly-

got a part ex to clear £1k diesel clio, utter scum magnet, the level of car they feel entitled to does in no way match their budget

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

got a part ex to clear £1k diesel clio, utter scum magnet, the level of car they feel entitled to does in no way match their budget

Scum magnet......outstanding trade jargon Andy

it was originally a typo as cum magnet

moaning as the O/S mirror electrics seemed slow, the injectors chuffing their twats off was their main worry

24 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Scum magnet......outstanding trade jargon Andy

Scum magnet.... Love it  !!!   :lol::lol::lol:

So the Clio now takes over from the Safire  for scrum magnet,please tell me the vauxhall insignificant holds position number three though on the social magnet

Edited by boring dave
I hate this new toy me baldly fingers are too big.....

31 minutes ago, boring dave said:

So the Clio now takes over from the Safire  for scrum magnet,please tell me the vauxhall insignificant holds position number three though on the social magnet

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:
2 hours ago, boring dave said:

now back on the laptop

what was the question again?

I've done two this week so far. Missed a call on Christmas day, gutted!

Stupid Christmas!

Am not in the office this week but I know one of the guys has converted a Christmas day Autotrader e-mail yesterday.  Apparently vans are getting a few enquires with at least one done today plus a Navara in prop.

1 hour ago, met said:

I've done two this week so far. Missed a call on Christmas day, gutted!

Stupid Christmas!

We missed 2 calls on Christmas day!

Busy day today with enquiries but no deals as of yet! Open tomorrow so fingers crossed.