Everyone that has such a site. I know a dealer that already has permission for 24 flats on quite a small pitch but is holding out for 30. 

• Like 1

I think that anyone in our job who has a desirable site will have done this.Getting a mini supermarket on a long term lease may be a better idea.

• Like 1

T.V.  Any rush on with the new site yet? You’re slacking on our updates!

Did you re-photo? Video yet?

• Like 1

Houses, flats, mini supermarket, etc etc. Yes, in a few years time you can bet your arse one of those will be replacing used cars. But no, I don't need a pm or a business card.

• Like 1

Round my way, they'll knock down a phone box and build 30 flats on it. The latest trend is developing sites of pubs that have shut down.

Big dealership near me (imperials) 'had a fire' recently. Be interesting to see what happens to that site?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

T.V.  Any rush on with the new site yet? You’re slacking on our updates!

Did you re-photo? Video yet?

Hi Noacross

See my November Trade post,you will get the picture !

• Like 1

My family bought a massive ex franchise but in a rural location in 1999. Just got permission for 2 big houses which wont even cover a quarter of the site. I'm putting one of these up for myself next year. A few years time, sell the rest and sit in the sun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lastyboy said:

My family bought a massive ex franchise but in a rural location in 1999. Just got permission for 2 big houses which wont even cover a quarter of the site. I'm putting one of these up for myself next year. A few years time, sell the rest and sit in the sun.

Hi Lastyboy

That sounds good,but thinking about it,I am unsure how that will work.Does that mean you will have to buy your plot from your family at the current market value who will then have to pay the appropriate capital gains tax on the proceeds.These days I imagine a good plot is worth a lot of money.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Lastyboy

That sounds good,but thinking about it,I am unsure how that will work.Does that mean you will have to buy your plot from your family at the current market value who will then have to pay the appropriate capital gains tax on the proceeds.These days I imagine a good plot is worth a lot of money.

They could gift him some each year start to get it down that way, I would have bought the land in a company you can appoint directors as you wish then take a wage from the company dividends ect company cars insurances ect loads of perks to be had.  

9 hours ago, justina3 said:

They could gift him some each year start to get it down that way, I would have bought the land in a company you can appoint directors as you wish then take a wage from the company dividends ect company cars insurances ect loads of perks to be had.  

Loads of perks with a ltd company,I am not sure about that.Company car tax and benefits rules are a good example.

15 minutes ago, lastyboy said:

Being honest I am going to build it and worry about it later.

Bad move,you need to take proper advice.

37 minutes ago, lastyboy said:

Being honest I am going to build it and worry about it later.

And the maddest statement of the year award goes to....................

The reason I ask is anyone that owns a site has massive opportunity to develop them. You may be planning retirement, scaling up or simply had enough of the motor trade! 

I have set up a Facebook group for everyone considering this to help and support each other through this journey...If you are interested, join the group, if it give you value then spread the word! 

Garage Owners Property Development Network  https://www.facebook.com/groups/708838799499812/

2 hours ago, tradex said:

:rolleyes:

Hahaha, I wondered when the spam was coming.

4 hours ago, Mark Fernihough said:

or simply had enough of the motor trade! 

You are joking right...

The motor trade is what the property developers get into when they get bored of property and too much income... 

Will never turn my life's work into a block of flats  :D

On 11/23/2018 at 5:29 PM, Nick M.K. said:

Everyone that has such a site. I know a dealer that already has permission for 24 flats on quite a small pitch but is holding out for 30. 

There is enormous financial opportunity. If your interested in learning more I've set up a Facebook group for anyone interested in learning more, a community to help and support each other through this journey...

If you are interested, join the group, if it gives you value then spread the word! 

Garage Owners Property Development Network https://www.facebook.com/groups/708838799499812/

On 11/26/2018 at 2:05 PM, BHM said:

Hahaha, I wondered when the spam was coming.

There is enormous financial opportunity. If your interested in learning more I've set up a Facebook group for everyone considering this to help and support each other through this journey...

If you are interested, join the group, if it gives you value then spread the word! 

Garage Owners Property Development Network https://www.facebook.com/groups/708838799499812/

On 11/25/2018 at 5:59 PM, trade vet said:

Bad move,you need to take proper advice.

I really wouldn't do that! 

There is enormous opportunity. If your interested in learning more I've set up a Facebook group for everyone considering this to help and support each other through this journey...

Edited by Mark Fernihough