Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

Advertising very cheap cars, sub £1500

34 minutes ago, BHM said:

From my perspective EVERY punter at the moment hasn’t got any money for maintenance. Tbh many haven’t got the money for the car they’re calling about.

Agreed, maybe I should have said sub 1k have the most unrealistic expectations.

On the subject we've gone a good two months without any noticeable screams for stuff to be fixed under warranty. Suddenly had half a dozen in the last week, same every year around xmas but a lot more are trying it on this time around for stuff the rest of us would be too embarrassed to pick up the phone about. You can tell whatever money these chancers have is going under the tree and not on the lump sitting in the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

In that case worry if you have a repair business. You are a dealer so the punters' cars' maintenance has little to do with you. 

I agree with BHM,these days a large proportion of working people ( often with good jobs) are heavily in debt and left with little disposable income.So their expectations maybe far greater than they used to be because of maintenance worries.It must be worse down London commuter land where people must be really skint as whole towns appear to close up by 8pm.

I’ve never thought that someone based in the North East will describe the population of London as “really skint”...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I’ve never thought that someone based in the North East will describe the population of London as “really skint”...

Well, he's describing 'London commuter land', so anywhere from Brighton in the South, to Northampton up north, probably beyond too

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I'm in the 'affluent SE' and, with the usual exceptions, a lot of people here are pretty skint, it's so expensive to live and work here.

I've had a few mates in the last few years that have UK average paid jobs leave to move to bits of South Wales and the North East. They're the kind of people that won't see their wages rise or decrease much wherever they're based, NHS, teaching, retail, so it makes a lot of sense to halve the rent and reduce your council tax. Shame they left though.

1 minute ago, grant8064 said:

I'm in the 'affluent SE' and, with the usual exceptions, a lot of people here are pretty skint, it's so expensive to live and work here.

I've had a few mates in the last few years that have UK average paid jobs leave to move to bits of South Wales and the North East. They're the kind of people that won't see their wages rise or decrease much wherever they're based, NHS, teaching, retail, so it makes a lot of sense to halve the rent and reduce your council tax. Shame they left though.

SSSHHHHHH Don't be telling people how good the North East is...…. we don't want it full of Southerners ;)

28 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I agree with BHM,these days a large proportion of working people ( often with good jobs) are heavily in debt and left with little disposable income.So their expectations maybe far greater than they used to be because of maintenance worries.It must be worse down London commuter land where people must be really skint as whole towns appear to close up by 8pm.

That’s not got anything to do with people being skint, that’s just the way the country is. People don’t go to the pub anymore, they stay in and talk to each other on social media. 

14 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Hi Nick

I didnt but maybe I should have,I know what it is like,we did have a flat there and a pitch in East Dulwich

5 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

SSSHHHHHH Don't be telling people how good the North East is...…. we don't want it full of Southerners ;)

Ha, I used to think it was all whippets on a bit of old rope, racing pigeons on a wet Sunday afternoon and going to be disappointed by the black cats but ever since I ventured further north than Victoria station it's grown more appealing. 

3 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Ha, I used to think it was all whippets on a bit of old rope, racing pigeons on a wet Sunday afternoon and going to be disappointed by the black cats but ever since I ventured further north than Victoria station it's grown more appealing. 

You forgot the flat caps too..... everyone has a flat cap!!

1 minute ago, stockedup! said:

You forgot the flat caps too..... everyone has a flat cap!!

I always forget the most crucial of stereotypes!

Down here the flat caps are usually worn by someone in a band, the whippet is usually a four figure rare breed own by an interior designer and the quaint pigeon is replaced by a shitting seagull the size of a labrador trying to snatch a baby from a pram.

Maybe I should just book my train ticket now...

23 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

I always forget the most crucial of stereotypes!

Down here the flat caps are usually worn by someone in a band, the whippet is usually a four figure rare breed own by an interior designer and the quaint pigeon is replaced by a shitting seagull the size of a labrador trying to snatch a baby from a pram.

Maybe I should just book my train ticket now...

Don't forget the beards and skinny jeans!

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

the quaint pigeon is replaced by a shitting seagull the size of a labrador trying to snatch a baby from a pram.

I keep re-reading this bit ^^....Every time I do.... I laugh loud..

Thanks Grant