Mikey360

After some mini advice

Just a quick one, do all Minis have a high biting point on the clutch? It does spin and stalls just fine, but I seem to remember the last one I had aswell having an unusually high Clutch?

30 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Just a quick one, do all Minis have a high biting point on the clutch? It does spin and stalls just fine, but I seem to remember the last one I had aswell having an unusually high Clutch?

Not had  a mini with high clutch. Only ever had about 8. Had plenty of aygos with high clutch 

47 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Not Unusually high no . Not the ones we've sold and that's hundreds of the little beggars , god i hate Mini's with a passion :(

Yep echo above never had a mini like that, had one burn a clutch out customer let her son learn to drive in it and he mangled it. 

Quite normal in the c1 aygo 107 family. 

Only had a few, but its a tell tale sign its done... Get a new one fitted i'd say.

Of all the mini's we've stocked and sold,  we've done probably 4/5 clutches and 3 have been in the last 2 months.

We've done probably 4 customer service jobs in the last 4 months too. Maybe its the season for em!

Same as batteries, not done one in a year, done 3 in the last 2 weeks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mat C said:

Only had a few, but its a tell tale sign its done... Get a new one fitted i'd say.

Of all the mini's we've stocked and sold,  we've done probably 4/5 clutches and 3 have been in the last 2 months.

We've done probably 4 customer service jobs in the last 4 months too. Maybe its the season for em!

Same as batteries, not done one in a year, done 3 in the last 2 weeks!

Out of curiosity, how much do you charge if you don't mind me asking?

10 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

Out of curiosity, how much do you charge if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind anyone asking...

Depending on the year / model a clutch would be circa £299 for just the clutch, a clutch and Dual mass flywheel for a cooper S / JCW you're looking at £599

It involves bumper off and subframe out to get the gearbox out so its a pain in the ass job, but once my guy gets going and gets his head down, he can sort it in a few hours. Bit like timing chains, he can rattle ( excuse the pun ) one of those out in around 2 hours now as he's done that many, he can do them in his sleep so he tells me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mat C said:

he can do them in his sleep so he tells me.

There you go - night shift now operating 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

There you go - night shift now operating 

Like! :D

18 hours ago, justina3 said:

Yep echo above never had a mini like that, had one burn a clutch out customer let her son learn to drive in it and he mangled it. 

Quite normal in the c1 aygo 107 family. 

clutch is adjustable on aygo etc - you should never have one of them with a high bite

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MattR said:

clutch is adjustable on aygo etc - you should never have one of them with a high bite

We sell loads of these and they often come in high, even an adjustment doesnt save them its only a short term fix they soon go after.

Yeah we have adjusted one and it's been okay (this one had already had clutch that hadn't been adjusted correctly), all the others have ended up needing a clutch.