Sign in to follow this  
P118

Car valeting

4 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Just draws from the air around us through a filter into a tank, the compression tank. From there its held, under pressure and used via the hose and head (Vortex/air tools) by pulling a trigger.. if you are sticking one in the workshop, you could have hose around the side of the walls so it doesnt get damaged and compressor in a quieter location.. Check out the garage near you for ideas

7 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

arfur, you need the biggest compressor that will run on a plug 13a, i recommend also not to run it through a extension lead, look at spending around £450-500, those with small tanks are just not good enough, they will be just running and running all time trying to catch up with the tornado, compressors, the motor turns a pump, very similar to a engine, the pump sucks air in through a filter, then, in a very similar fashion to a engine the piston forces the air into the tank, there is a valve that lets the air only flow one way [ two actually but lets not get too technical] into the tank, when the desired pressure is reached in the tank a the compressor turns off, when the pressure drops the compressor starts again automatically, a small cheap compressor will soon burn out, a full size proper one will last years and years and ALWAYS have a value .

Thanks guys for your help this exactly what I need to know, is it worth me spending £5/600 on a tool just to clean ineterior a little bit better with less hassle..... Its always a balance of time for me.... if you get me..

9 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Thanks guys for your help this exactly what I need to know, is it worth me spending £5/600 on a tool just to clean ineterior a little bit better with less hassle..... Its always a balance of time for me.... if you get me..

no :)

And don't expect it to work as well as you've seen on the youtube videos.

My first impression of it after trying it was..... well, this is shit.

Bit of practice and have got the hang of it, and it works well and gives good results.

Using it without any cleaning chemicals - just air, its fantastic and getting sand and ingrained dust out of carpets and the fiddly bits around the seat runners.

We could have bought a bigger compressor, but with our stock level and turnover, a 50l suits us.

I was going to get one of these but I think for my stock profile, having clean carpets and seats is the biggest issue and i’ll spend £500 on a Karcher Puzzi I think. 

AD Don't forget that the Compressor isn't just used for the Tornador Valetermabob, you will find a million other uses, with a few Air Tools and Air fittings around your unit are so useful ......................

Pumping up a Tyre

Fluid Extractor

Windy Gun

Air Ratchet,

Air Drill

Air Buff

Air Grinder

Paraffin Gun for Degreasing

Spray Gun

DA Sander

Blow Gun for blowing dirt leaves etc out of hard to get at areas

and a whole bunch of other things ;)

And all that lot is Tax deductible :D

11 hours ago, EPV said:

I was going to get one of these but I think for my stock profile, having clean carpets and seats is the biggest issue and i’ll spend £500 on a Karcher Puzzi I think. 

I tried one of them not so long ago in my mates garage as ours was having electrical work done, worked well but no better than my Geroge which can be had for less than £200 if you look hard enough.

not wanting to get into mine is better than your argument just thought i would mention it as the price difference is large.

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

I tried one of them not so long ago in my mates garage as ours was having electrical work done, worked well but no better than my Geroge which can be had for less than £200 if you look hard enough.

not wanting to get into mine is better than your argument just thought i would mention it as the price difference is large.

Not at all mate, I’ll take every bit of advice I can get you all know that! 

Old fashioned orange VAX is one heck of a machine for vacuuming shampoo out. Quite often £80 new on offer

13 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I am going to have a go of one on Monday, I will give you the verdict then Arfur.

James, the Puzzi Pro is £259 refurbished from Karcher Outlet. You also need to buy Karcher detergent tablets that dissolve in the water for much more effective clean

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=5977

You will also need to buy an upholstery tool Karcher 10/1 if this kit doesn't include one. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/291286057057?chn=ps

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

I am going to have a go of one on Monday, I will give you the verdict then Arfur.

Cheers :)

9 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

AD Don't forget that the Compressor isn't just used for the Tornador Valetermabob, you will find a million other uses, with a few Air Tools and Air fittings around your unit are so useful ......................

Pumping up a Tyre

Fluid Extractor

Windy Gun

Air Ratchet,

Air Drill

Air Buff

Air Grinder

Paraffin Gun for Degreasing

Spray Gun

DA Sander

Blow Gun for blowing dirt leaves etc out of hard to get at areas

and a whole bunch of other things ;)

And all that lot is Tax deductible :D

Cheers Dave, thing is I'm not really a hands on type, its too much like real work.. Hahaha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Cheers :)

Cheers Dave, thing is I'm not really a hands on type, its too much like real work.. Hahaha

All good stuff to have, however if you are not into "tools" then obv not something you can fill your list to Santa with.. the tyre pump at any rate.. the air hose is also great for blasting crap / leaves out of corners.... I dont let valets near with hi pressure washers..   dont forget with a compressor "in d 'ouse".. you can gas up beer pumps.. as once the full floor is painted.. it goes without saying, if Carlsberg did indi motor trader facilities.. then they would be contacting you.. TGIF