Dealer

November Trade

Right, in before AD with the obligatory monthly post, we're a third of the way into November, how's everyone doing. Poor form has continued from October for us, lack of enquiries generally, pathetic offers on the ones we have been getting, not much footfall either. Just about covering the bills last few months, maybe even a slight loss overall. 

Can’t complain here. Still steady. Was on for one a day but I’ve failed today by the looks. 

3 so far. 

Fiat 500 washes its face but I have a nice Zafira in chip that I should make the money back on.

Honda Jazz to a customer of my Dads. 

Galaxy was an unmitigated disaster, never going to get a car without a ticket again. Bloke came down, I was already losing £100, turned out previous owner had turned the eml light off...lost another £200. Steep learning curve on that one. 

2 so far off the back of a good October. Enquiry quality and levels holding up well. I am optimistic for another good month B)

6.    Including my 227 Day BMW i3 which everyone seems to want now and the Toyota Auris that AD wasn’t keen on. The Auris buyer (a young asian bloke, paid full price!!!!) left a £150 Kia Picanto in chop that I thought to give away. Until I checked AT pricing. 

I now have 8 cars in my prep queue which I am rushing to get ready and advertised before the inevitable end of November lull. 

Edited by Nick M.K.

8 here so far. Great start to the month and nice to be busy again after last month! 

Not had the sub £1000 end of the Picanto market but have traded a few sub four year old ones for crazy money.  

Put one of the last old shape 17 plates on Trademail earlier in the year and had Kia dealers fighting for it.  

As for November sales, high end seems good, £15k-£30k is like tumbleweed apart from a couple of Evoques.  Have also had a go with some older out of manufactures warranty stuff but not a sniff.

Edited by Contracts

37 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

6.    Including my 227 Day BMW i3 which everyone seems to want now and the Toyota Auris that AD wasn’t keen on. The Auris buyer (a young asian bloke, paid full price!!!!) left a £150 Kia Picanto in chop that I thought to give away. Until I checked AT pricing. 

I now have 8 cars in my prep queue which I am rushing to get ready and advertised before the inevitable end of November lull. 

227? Would have dropped off plan then Nick? I thought these flew out mate? Was it the wrong spec or something?

I only ask as I’m still toying with the idea of getting one in -after hearing they’re good news from you. :o)

(Great figures though considering your stock levels!  You’re only two or three behind me and I’ve Got thirty odd left in stock!)

Speaking of pats on the back...EPV nominated for Car Dealer Mag awards I’ve just read! Good on yer James!

9 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

227? Would have dropped off plan then Nick? I thought these flew out mate? Was it the wrong spec or something?

I only ask as I’m still toying with the idea of getting one in -after hearing they’re good news from you. :o)

(Great figures though considering your stock levels!  You’re only two or three behind me and I’ve Got thirty odd left in stock!)

Speaking of pats on the back...EPV nominated for Car Dealer Mag awards I’ve just read! Good on yer James!

Thanks mate. Would be nice to get one of the commended spots, makes a great bit of PR for the website. 

Just taken another dipper, so assuming he follows through on Wednesday, and another dipper follows through on Thursday, i’ll be on 5 for the month from a stock of 8 (ish) as I can’t seem to get through the prep quick enough! That’s including being in Devon for 4 days last week and not doing a stroke this weekend. Plus I have a very strong looking appointment on Monday that may be 6 for the month. If only I could get my bloody stock levels up to 20 prep’d I think i’d be winning!

Had my fair share of shit luck as well though. 

Just to get nominated is to be congratulated! You’ve obviously got the eye for it and haven’t been worn down by the game. Long may it continue!

See....I would like the award without the notoriety and having to put the penguin suit on and go be sociable for the ceremony. ;o)

Rooting for you, as I’m sure everyone else on here is and I hope we get a mention in your acceptance speech! 

To be honest I self nominated at the suggestion of Rory but I got shortlisted which was pleasing. 

I’ll be sick if I don’t get a highly commended spot and a picture with Mike Brewer, not because of him but it will look really good on the website. I’m going there for a good night out and a bit of fun but I want the PR material! Rory says the amount of people that say “you must be an alright dealer if you’ve got a photo with Mike Brewer” and i’m sure Umesh gets the same due to his photo with Theo Paphitis. 

• Like 1

Steady 4 for me, all with healthy margins.... Buying cheaply at the mo, 9 in prep for the AT double up, still looking to buy stock but at least 8 days already to catch up. Also, will be going epoxy floor over the next 10 days, lots going on....

26 minutes ago, EPV said:

To be honest I self nominated at the suggestion of Rory but I got shortlisted which was pleasing. 

I’ll be sick if I don’t get a highly commended spot and a picture with Mike Brewer, not because of him but it will look really good on the website. I’m going there for a good night out and a bit of fun but I want the PR material! Rory says the amount of people that say “you must be an alright dealer if you’ve got a photo with Mike Brewer” and i’m sure Umesh gets the same due to his photo with Theo Paphitis. 

No offence to Umesh, and a bit off topic, but Theo is such a cock.

On topic : 9 for me this month so a strong start. Stocking up remains difficult. Have 4 in prep but I'm still 15 cars away from being happy.

23 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

No offence to Umesh, and a bit off topic, but Theo is such a cock.

On topic : 9 for me this month so a strong start. Stocking up remains difficult. Have 4 in prep but I'm still 15 cars away from being happy.

As a Millwall supporter, you’re preaching to the choir there! But it doesn’t really matter what we think, people see someone pictured with a Dragon, or a TV presenter and it adds a lot of weight. Anyone thinking it doesn’t, probably ploughs a lonely furrow in life! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

A combination of things really but I sold an identical one (sold in 12 days), then bought this at a much lower price but couldn't exactly advertise it 2 grand cheaper - my other buyer wouldn't be best pleased :-)

Then a number of them hit the market around April - May by which time mine seemed lower spec than some. Last month I repainted the alloy wheels black and the look of the car was completely transformed, the phones started ringing. 

Went to Jersey to the customer that wanted it ex-VAT as per my other thread.

If you do decide to buy one call me so I can talk you through the optimum spec and aim at 35-60K miles rather than lower as they seem better value and sell faster. I've sold 7 this year, one of them twice after I bought it back a few months later. Eclectic mix of people buy these :-)

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Well done James and Rory for his "Dealer's dealer" nomination. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Well done James and Rory for his "Dealer's dealer" nomination. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

As a Millwall supporter, you’re preaching to the choir there!

Off topic again but apart from Roman Abramovich and Vichai (RIP) was there ever a football club owner that the fans were happy with and didn't hate?

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

Off topic again but apart from Roman Abramovich and Vichai (RIP) was there ever a football club owner that the fans were happy with and didn't hate?

Ah, I don’t hate Theo. He presided over a fantastic period in our history. I just won’t forgive him for selling Tim Cahill for buttons! 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

As a Millwall supporter, you’re preaching to the choir there! But it doesn’t really matter what we think, people see someone pictured with a Dragon, or a TV presenter and it adds a lot of weight. Anyone thinking it doesn’t, probably ploughs a lonely furrow in life! 

Disagree, you just looks like a twat whos sucking up to someone whos been on telly......

F me. Reading this thread is bloody depressing.

I'm doing completely shite, nothing is going right, the cars already advertised are in and out of mechanics for stupid things. Even the logbooks and paperwork are all over the place because my head's not in it with lack of sales and mechanical problems.

Sold 1 so far this month.

Next week will be brand new photos and adverts for the 2 that are ready to go (touch wood those two don't break down as well).

James, well done!

12 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Disagree, you just looks like a twat whos sucking up to someone whos been on telly......

Rubbish.