Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Fault after sale procedure

3 minutes ago, MrV said:

Dire in regards to returns you have had personally? If so what's the common issues you have?

They're just crap.. ecu problems, seat clips, gloveboxes, head gasket, timing chains need replacing, subframes, they go through droplinks for the fun of it.

2 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

They're just crap.. ecu problems, seat clips, gloveboxes, head gasket, timing chains need replacing, subframes, they go through droplinks for the fun of it.

you forgot cv joints and the classic

drum stick arm wear

It seems I've been riding my luck!

Unless it is blatantly driver error, (chucked down a ditch, run out of oil after suitable mileage, etc), then at 3 months / 3000 miles I will repair anything on an RTB Basis, (stated on my invoice), and up to 6 months / 6000 miles I will repair non "Service Items / Wear and Tear Items.

I PDI them thoroughly, if I don't think Brakes, Tyres, etc have 3000 miles in 'em, they get changed !!

I would put a bulb in a car FOC up to 6 months.

It's just good Customer Relations.

99 % of my Customers are repeat business, and out of  around 65 sold this year I've only had one back, 2008 Focus 1.8, billy done 2000 miles and just over 3 months in, it lost all compression on No2 cyl, no sign of being cooked or owt !!

As soon as he rang me my reply was "No problem sir, bring it straight back I will look at it for you.

Inside a week he had it back......................

Guaranteed Used Engine sent to me on a pallet £350 plus an easy days work, Oil / Filter / A/Freeze was all it cost me, guy was over the moon, recommended me to a fella who just bought a 2011 C Class Wagon off me recently !!

I'll tell any of you "What goes around comes around" ;)

The other thing is, if you are one of the Dealers who think you can sell Cars for smaller profits than the well established traders, think again !!

This is why we get moaning and groaning, you need a good profit to make sure you don't lose money on any come backer quackers ;)

Also, selling old shitters with more than 75k Retail is just asking for grief, especially smaller engined stuff.

Much prefer a slightly more leggy luxo that a 1.0 small car ;)

*75k miles

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Unless it is blatantly driver error, (chucked down a ditch, run out of oil after suitable mileage, etc), then at 3 months / 3000 miles I will repair anything on an RTB Basis, (stated on my invoice), and up to 6 months / 6000 miles I will repair non "Service Items / Wear and Tear Items.

I PDI them thoroughly, if I don't think Brakes, Tyres, etc have 3000 miles in 'em, they get changed !!

It's just good Customer Relations.

99 % of my Customers are repeat business, and out of  around 65 sold this year I've only had one back, 2008 Focus 1.8, billy done 2000 miles and just over 3 months in, it lost all compression on No2 cyl, no sign of being cooked or owt !!

As soon as he rang me my reply was "No problem sir, bring it straight back I will look at it for you.

Inside a week he had it back......................

Guaranteed Used Engine sent to me on a pallet £350 plus an easy days work, Oil / Filter / A/Freeze was all it cost me, guy was over the moon, recommended me to a fella who just bought a 2011 C Class Wagon off me recently !!

I'll tell any of you "What goes around comes around" ;)

The other thing is, if you are one of the Dealers who think you can sell Cars for smaller profits than the well established traders, think again !!

This is why we get moaning and groaning, you need a good profit to make sure you don't lose money on any come backer quackers ;)

Are you my real Father?

That is more or less word for word what I wrote the other day - so needless to say, I agree with it all.

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Are you my real Father?

That is more or less word for word what I wrote the other day - so needless to say, I agree with it all.

Agree and far easier when you are doing it all in house.

i changed a bulb on a car for one f my customers a few weeks back and he insisted that he stuffed a £5 in my pocket to cover the cost

his familly have bought 3 cars off me this last 12 months

so karma here always

customer picked a car up this morning her mother bought her car off me 3 years ago

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Even a whole light cluster on a mercedes? :ph34r:

14 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

What was I saying....just got another 1.2 Corsa back from MOT and the aircon fan direction selector knob is broken.....Japanese it is :P

11 minutes ago, MrV said:

What was I saying....just got another 1.2 Corsa back from MOT and the aircon fan direction selector knob is broken.....Japanese it is :P

Yes i believe that was missed of the common problems,

Here is my non-exhaustive list:-

Heater resistor,

heater resistor wiring,

heater motors,

heater box (flaps behind dash for sticking),

wiper linkages,

Top mounts wobbling like a cock in a sock,

airbag lights,

abs pumps causing them to steer all over the road under braking,

parcel shelves that wouldn't hold an empty envelope,

fuel guages with a mind of their own,

Rusty rear arches where the bumper rubs against body,

Crankshaft sensors failing upon collection.

29 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Yes i believe that was missed of the common problems,

Here is my non-exhaustive list:-

Heater resistor,

heater resistor wiring,

heater motors,

heater box (flaps behind dash for sticking),

wiper linkages,

Top mounts wobbling like a cock in a sock,

airbag lights,

abs pumps causing them to steer all over the road under braking,

parcel shelves that wouldn't hold an empty envelope,

fuel guages with a mind of their own,

Rusty rear arches where the bumper rubs against body,

Crankshaft sensors failing upon collection.

Better check what my warranties cover then

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Agree and far easier when you are doing it all in house.

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

i changed a bulb on a car for one f my customers a few weeks back and he insisted that he stuffed a £5 in my pocket to cover the cost

his familly have bought 3 cars off me this last 12 months

so karma here always

customer picked a car up this morning her mother bought her car off me 3 years ago

Yeah, easier with your own Workshop and Trade Accounts, yeah, I get old fellas trying to pay me for sticking in an RB501 lol ;)

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

Even a whole light cluster on a mercedes? :ph34r:

Depending on price and availability, most likely a good used one, but as most of my newer stock is sub 70k miles, never had one fail ;) 

1 hour ago, MrV said:

Ohhhhh, Benji, those fuckin'Vauxhalls, why do you bother, you'd be better off breaking them and selling all the bits to the local Chavs on a Saturday Afternoon :D

I would never buy one, and if I ever took one for px, it would be either sold SOR or scrapped.