Sign in to follow this  
It's me

peugeot 206cc

If you like messing about with electric roof problems.

I think its because you can buy them for peanuts and they have a certain chavtastic appeal......

5 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I think its because you can buy them for peanuts and they have a certain chavtastic appeal......

Ha.  Yes. This is true.  They're cheap, hard top cab 'fun' if you like that sort of thing.

We've sold dozens of them over the years and never had any roof issues, although they nearly always need a clutch. 1.6 much better sellers than the 2.0.

They're looking old now so I don't go looking for them, but if they come in PX they still shift quick and you can usually double up.

Our only proper 1 star review comes from a 206CC. Horrid things. One of those 'never again' units.

they are better built than the tigra, but still very hit and miss if you get a good one or a right dog but that said you could apply that to every car we buy. 

My 206cc story in brief. Petrol 2.0 gets bogged down at low revs in second and third. Usual plugs etc then trip to Peugeot Main Agent, diagnose hydraulic lifters, "as you're trade...£880 thank you very much". 

Politely declined, toured the car around and received quite a lot of useful advice.

Began to narrow down to an ECU problem. Back to a different Peugeot Main Agent. Software update, £60 solved the problem. Perfect.

I often wonder what the original Main Agent would have done with the car whilst it was with them. Mentioning no names but their intials are Robins Day in Bristol. This was years ago now.

‘Cos they’re cheap! They should be a £2-300 p/x & belt them out for £695 to the scutter market. 

Tbh a quick sale for a drink & as long as the roof works & the back wheels aren’t rubbing the inner wheelarches then the scutters who buy them go leave chuffed to bits & tbh who can blame them - it’s a lot of car for pushbike money & anything convertible is seen as flashy in some circles.

A BIT OF FLASH FOR NOT MUCH CASH!! 

SUMMER’S COMING!!

CHEAP - WINTER PRICE!!

SAME RUNNING COSTS AS A HATCHBACK!!

GET THE NEIGHBOURS JEALOUS!!!

Please stop me, I’m giving away all of my “CHEAP CABBY” sales lines :lol: