Sign in to follow this  
Allstars

Anyone had this fault?

Hi guys,

I bought a 2011 Ford Fiesta 1.6 zetec. 53k miles

It cuts off/ stalls sometimes particularly when cold. No warning lights on dash snd no fault codes on snap on obd reader. 

After a bit of research on google it seems like a commom fault. One guy wrote a PCM Software update fixed his and another guy had ford diagnose a throttle and 2 oxygen sensors and his was fixed. 

Drives mint apart from the occasional stall. 

Anyone had similar problem thanks

Edited by Allstars

+1 , well actually as it's a Ford, just plug it into IDS and see what is / isn't fucked ;)

Snap On / OBD doesn't see all ;)

5 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

+1 , well actually as it's a Ford, just plug it into IDS and see what is / isn't fucked ;)

Snap On / OBD doesn't see all ;)

Agree. Very few code readers can get anywhere near the genuine IDS tool.

However if you buy an ELM327 cable i highly recommend getting a free copy of FORSCAN. Very good Ford program.

Forscan is good yes, I would have used it, but it is a bit of a faff setting it up on a laptop and configuring like most Dealer Level Kit, in my early days I did some of them, like my BMW ISTA INPA etc etc, but these days due to being so busy I tend to just buy a Plug and Play system from the likes of Tony at OBD Store.

99% of my "Dealer Level" arsenal is now all on dedicated Dell D630's / 830's ......................

I like the Dells, I bough a job lot of 50 waaaay back off EBay and have millions of bits for them.

I use a Rollcart with Dell Docking Station, big monitor and a printer.................. Simply wheel it to the Car, hot dock the required Laptop (Renault, Pug Cit, Ford, Jag / Landrover, Mercedes, BMW, VAG etc etc etc) and away I go :D

/\ /\ /\ like

Being as anal as I am, all leads multiplexers etc are in "Manufacturer Specific Boxes" in the Trays and Drawers below.

Each laptop has BMW, AUDI VW, etc Manufacturers Logo stickers or badges on their lids, Screen saver says "Mercedes - Benz and desktops are pictures of some of the nicer Car Models from the particular manufacturer ......................

Yeah Yeah I know, very OTT but I am proud of my small business ;) .

Lappys are all kept on shelf racking, in my "office area",

German Shelf, French Shelf, UK Shelf, Asian Shelf etc plus top shelf is 4 Generic Machines, old MT2500 Snap On with all Makes leads and keys, including Asian and USA set, then Snap On Solus Ultra Pro, up to date, Delphi, and now as I won't be updating Snap On any more, (it aint as good as they say), so I just bought top of the range Autel Pro.

All machines on the Racking are kept plugged in on charge :rolleyes: 

I understand barely a word of this sort of non-car dealer related thread, but I always like reading them!  Keep them up- it's good to see people taking pride in their stuff/job.

Our mechanics/autoelectricians that we use always try telling me stuff I don't need to know.  I just want to know if the EML has stayed off :0)

@Dave2302, have you got DAS / Xentry?

If I send you a MB Becker MAP Pilot Navigation module which is locked with a PIN, DAS should unlock it. Provided you have a 2011-2014 Mercedes with the Becker SAT NAV slot so you can plug it in?

Hi Nick,

I have 2 SDS with DAS / Xentry, my original 2014 s/w with C3 Multiplexer, and also 12 / 2017 with C4 Multiplexer .................

Yeah I can do it but right now my problem is my 4 MB's are either newer (2017) or older 06 & 07 s 

I do have a few customers with 2011, one is coming in this week, a C Class Wagon, I'll see if it has Becker slot in it, if so I'll get back to you ;) 

Surely you must have a good MB Indie who can do it near you ?

99% of my "Dealer Level" arsenal is now all on dedicated Dell D630's / 830's ......................

I like the Dells,

dell 610 and 620 here

the rolls royce of reliability in a small box:)

/\ /\ /\ like

Being as anal as I am, all leads multiplexers etc are in "Manufacturer Specific Boxes" in the Trays and Drawers below.

Each laptop has BMW, AUDI VW, etc Manufacturers Logo stickers or badges on their lids, Screen saver says "Mercedes - Benz and desktops are pictures of some of the nicer Car Models from the particular manufacturer ......................

German Shelf, French Shelf, UK Shelf, Asian Shelf etc plus top shelf is 4 Generic Machines, old MT2500 Snap On with all Makes leads and keys, including Asian and USA set, then Snap On Solus Ultra Pro, up to date, Delphi, and now as I won't be updating Snap On any more, (it aint as good as they say), so I just bought top of the range Autel Pro.

If you were a real 'nerd' you'd be regularly 'cycling' the batteries instead of just leaving them fully charged:lol:

16 hours ago, met said:

If you were a real 'nerd' you'd be regularly 'cycling' the batteries instead of just leaving them fully charged:lol:

LOL, you are quite correct, but they all mostly get used at least once a week, and I have a load of spare Batteries, which are quite cheap new anyways, I don't need 3 hours + life even one that only lasts 10 minutes would be enough to walk it from the Racking to the Roll Carts Docking Station ;)

16 hours ago, boring dave said:

dell 610 and 620 here

the rolls royce of reliability in a small box:)

I think a Dell is far more reliable that any of the Rolls Royce's I've seen over the years :lol:

• Like 1

On 20/10/2018 at 0:45 PM, Dave2302 said:

/\ /\ /\ like

Very similar set up to mine.