Sign in to follow this  
stockedup!

Don't you just love it when....

I had a customer on Sunday who came to see a beautiful Mazda MX5 I had for sale. I spent well over an hour with him, test driving the car for 20 mins and he seemed very happy with everything. Whilst out on the drive I found out he had been looking for about 3 months and had seen quite a few cars, I was confident he would buy mine. When we got back I asked him if he was happy with the car and he said yes so I motioned that we go and do some paperwork. I was amazed when he said that he didn't want to rush into something.....he had been looking for 3 months ffs. I reminded him he had been looking for a while and he had just told me he was happy with the car.....he was hardly rushing into it. As a parting shot I asked how bothered would you be if you went away and someone else came and bought it. He was confident that that was not going to happen as the car had been advertised for a while and he was going to make a decision "in the very near future".

Well, you guessed it, a chap came yesterday and bought it within 20 mins and took it straight away.

The best bit, the guy from Sunday has just been on the phone wanting to come and have another look....."I am sorry sir but the car has sold"...…..you could of heard a pin drop followed by"I really wanted that car"...…..I Love this job LOL

• Like 4

I had a similar thing many years ago. A couple came and looked at a Pink, yes Pink, Accent Auto, it was very clean, tidy, low mileage. Drove it, loved it, price was right. But wanted to think it over. Later that day another couple came in, bought straight away. The next morning the first couple ring up, and want it, sorry sold yesterday! WHAT!! WHY DIDNT YOU RING US TO SAY THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE INTERESTED????? Er................. Unlucky!

• Like 1

Love it when that happens.  

To me, whenever I say someone else wants to see the car - I feel they will interpret that as trader bullshit.

• Like 1

Its great isn't it. My favourite is when they leave and say let us know if someone else is interested.....Sure just gonna tell the customer who does not struggle to make decisions that the car he wants to stick his card in the machine and buy and drive away now to hang on while I ring and check with you Gordon.. :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Love it when that happens.  

To me, whenever I say someone else wants to see the car - I feel they will interpret that as trader bullshit.

It's actually my favourite rebuttal to the "can you do anything withe the price?" question. 

"I'd love to help but I've actually got a chap booked in for 9am tomorrow morning, he's coming up for Brighton, the car's for his wife, he sounded awfully keen and I suspect he will not be leaving empty handed"

Sometimes that's actually true.

"Can you do anything with the price?"

Gotta love that one. Yeah, I can add another grand to it if you like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Ive got a good one on this subject , write later when more time :) 

9 hours ago, EPV said:

"Can you do anything with the price?"

I love

Will you take an offer?

- Yes sir, offers over the asking price are more than welcome...