Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

So what do you think happened here?

I see ,inner London ULEZ commencing April or pay £17.50 per day to use your current car within the zone........Just thinking how you could beat this London crap.Surely this does not apply to taxis which I think are now deregulated.If you were driving into London every day,could you not just buy a taxi licence over the counter in Berwick on Tweed. Then buy a cheap Mondeo and sign up to a local mini cab firm on the outskirts of London to work very part time. You could  technically record and bank £150 of bogus fares per month.Cheap car,plus good tax relief etc,no emission charges,better than spending daft money on an expensive Hybrid.......not very PC of course.

• Like 1

Also note Leeds clean air zone 2020, it will affect taxis and private hire vehicles (£12.50 a day) unless emission compliant. 

so to summarise

#its been clocked

#its been doing driving school lessons

it was an uber for 2 weeks

:D

;) sorry nick im out

Hi Nick

Out of interest....Just watched a 61 Auris Hybrid with 13k do £8700 ,4 below Cap Clean at Bedford  Was that not cheap.?

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Just watched a 61 Auris Hybrid with 13k do £8700 ,4 below Cap Clean at Bedford  Was that not cheap.?

I went through their whole sale catalogue and can not see that car in my list so have no idea what section it was listed in. Something from Moneybarn for example I would not touch. 

Cap Clean for that car would've been £8925 so £225 under but yes at £8700 I would've been a buyer if I was there on the day, if it had good colour & spec and if the condition was good. Have a look at the graph below with trade prices going UP! CAP retail hasn't caught up yet as I would not offer it for £10K. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 15.10.09.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 15.09.45.jpg

Edited by Nick M.K.

I remember 3 year old Auris Hybrids (new shape) making £9.5 k a few years ago at BCA Wolves at the Toyota group sales.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I went through their whole sale catalogue and can not see that car in my list so have no idea what section it was listed in. Something from Moneybarn for example I would not touch. 

Cap Clean for that car would've been £8925 so £225 under but yes at £8700 I would've been a buyer if I was there on the day, if it had good colour & spec and if the condition was good. Have a look at the graph below with trade prices going UP! CAP retail hasn't caught up yet as I would not offer it for £10K. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 15.10.09.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 15.09.45.jpg

I agree Nick,we also subscribe to Cap 

I watched it on line,the BCA catalogue valuation was £9100,sold hammer down £8700

Ring Bedford,it was Lot 86 UKCG Premium section today,can’t remember the colour but it was 13k and 61 plate

I only watched out of interest after reading what you said yesterday.However I did get a cheap diesel high mileage high spec 14 Mondeo Estate Business Edition there today for just over £5000.You guys probably think that is expensive because who buys diesels !.....If I see any more descent hybrids up north,I will let you know.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Different world, we are giving more for the same cars 3 years later...strange world.

Three years ago there were plenty of 'scare stories' about hybrid & EV batteries - mainly about the supposedly short lifespan and (very real) high replacement costs. However during the last few years it's been shown that many of the worst case projections on 'useful lifespan' turned out to be very much on the pessimistic side.

The cost of new lithium batteries has been dropping steadily, and there is now a thriving market for secondhand EV batteries which are repurposed for storage in renewable energy systems. The maximum demand from a normal house is vastly less than the load which even a Nissan Leaf puts on it's battery pack - so an EV pack doing that job is going to have a much easier job in it's 'second life', so there is strong demand there. Refurbishment services for EV batteries are now also appearing.

The upshot is that people have much more confidence in their EV and Hybrid batteries, which in turn is reflected in the prices of these vehicles 'defying gravity'....

20 minutes ago, Pete CWC said:

The upshot is that people have much more confidence in their EV and Hybrid batteries, which in turn is reflected in the prices of these vehicles 'defying gravity'....

That and all the DIESEL and PETROL scaremongering that just pushes people into buying hybrids. 

I don't see myself driving anything other than a diesel for the next decade.

54 minutes ago, Pete CWC said:

Three years ago there were plenty of 'scare stories' about hybrid & EV batteries - mainly about the supposedly short lifespan and (very real) high replacement costs. However during the last few years it's been shown that many of the worst case projections on 'useful lifespan' turned out to be very much on the pessimistic side.

The cost of new lithium batteries has been dropping steadily, and there is now a thriving market for secondhand EV batteries which are repurposed for storage in renewable energy systems. The maximum demand from a normal house is vastly less than the load which even a Nissan Leaf puts on it's battery pack - so an EV pack doing that job is going to have a much easier job in it's 'second life', so there is strong demand there. Refurbishment services for EV batteries are now also appearing.

EV Batteries.     A guy I know was telling me last week about his new car,the way punters do.He has bought a £30k Nissan Leaf and thinks it is great.You can imagine my reaction.This guy would have paid list price.So I asked him if he leased or owned the batteries,can you believe he didn’t know.

So, how’s it going T.V.? Open yet?

I like the odd hybrid and they sell well & so far I’ve had no issues. 

21 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

So, how’s it going T.V.? Open yet?

I like the odd hybrid and they sell well & so far I’ve had no issues. 

Thank you Noacross.We are now open and equipped for business but not exactly up and running.We presently only have about a dozen 3 to 6 year old stuff bought mostly online from BCA but all good stock at right prices.However our website is still 2 weeks away.We have a few on Autotrader but the photos aren’t right so our guy is now learning to do videos and use a gimble etc.We started well we thought and bought one at the door 2nd day and sold it very quickly to an older guy but then had to refund him because it would not tow his caravan ! We have 2 more deals on the go but we haven’t got it right yet.I think it will take about 4 weeks after the website goes live to establish what stuff the punters want and whether we can buy stuff at the door on a regular basis.I have had several pitches and getting them going is always a challenge.

54 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Thank you Noacross.We are now open and equipped for business but not exactly up and running.We presently only have about a dozen 3 to 6 year old stuff bought mostly online from BCA but all good stock at right prices.However our website is still 2 weeks away.We have a few on Autotrader but the photos aren’t right so our guy is now learning to do videos and use a gimble etc.We started well we thought and bought one at the door 2nd day and sold it very quickly to an older guy but then had to refund him because it would not tow his caravan ! We have 2 more deals on the go but we haven’t got it right yet.I think it will take about 4 weeks after the website goes live to establish what stuff the punters want and whether we can buy stuff at the door on a regular basis.I have had several pitches and getting them going is always a challenge.

Good luck TV, I have learned a lot from you so it’s nice you’ve taken on a bit of what I do (gimbal)

9 hours ago, EPV said:

Good luck TV, I have learned a lot from you so it’s nice you’ve taken on a bit of what I do (gimbal)

Thank you James but I doubt we will attain the standards of you ’ video stars’ on here.It is a good pitch in a busy location but it was back in 1982 the last time I traded from it.Retail wise,it could turn out to be an under 5 grand pitch,time will tell.

19 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Thank you James but I doubt we will attain the standards of you ’ video stars’ on here.It is a good pitch in a busy location but it was back in 1982 the last time I traded from it.Retail wise,it could turn out to be an under 5 grand pitch,time will tell.

Fact you don't think you know it all and are still willing to adapt and change makes me think you will nail it. Plus that feeling of buying something in and selling it quickly,with a good profit is always a buzz. 

21 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Fact you don't think you know it all and are still willing to adapt and change makes me think you will nail it. Plus that feeling of buying something in and selling it quickly,with a good profit is always a buzz. 

I get more of a “buzz” out of the buying.We can all do cracking retail deals but then the profit always just evaporates !