Sign in to follow this  
LINGsCARS

RE: Most buyers are looking for their next car after you’ve closed your showroom for the night…

Comments about out of hours business are very true.

Dealers are generally daft for not taking advantage of night.

I don't have any route to market, except web.

Here is a graph of last 90 days of my incoming car lease proposals, bottom axis shows 24h clock. You can see that over 1/3 of my business is outside normal working hours (more if you realise Sunday is open-late/close-early day for most car dealers).

No one else will ever show info like this. Basically, they don't have it (inept) or don't know it (ignorant), or won't disclose it (stupidly secretive).

B_9_-CKU8AAZjKd.png

Ling
LINGsCARS.com

very interesting as we all know most of the buyers do their research in the evening and Ling your stats show it. 
You have more of a unique business model than most / all dealers - used cars are very different and some new cars too , as customers want part exchange values etc . your target audience is simply buying a rental - they (most) already know what they want when they arrive to your website , some get seduced into payments. No question you have a great business but a bit different to being a 'dealer'.

was trying to upload the stats from yesterday but not sure why it wont let me ... steady visitors all day then between 6.00 -8.00 pm it shot up.. 9.00-12.00 a a few - quite a lot back at 4.00am .... :)

I always find the customers that need to see a car outside of working hours are usually customers that actually buy. I wouldnt say that its a regular thing for me but I've sold to guys on shift work after 12pm and before 6am. When your phone goes off late at night its likely to be drunks but you can't always tell

I put in my ads that out of hours calls are usually welcomed.

So far it's worked for me. No drunks!!

One 11pm call that resulted in a sale (and to be fair he emailed first).

2 other enquiries, one of which I'm hoping will deal today.

I'm a fledgling business. I can't afford to "switch off" when I close up. And it's the price I pay for the freedom being self employed gives me. I wouldn't have it any other way.