Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

30 day right to reject - Lawgistics clarity

I joined Lawgistics yesterday Si, need their help dealing with a difficult garage rather than a difficult customer. Can feel the benefits already. 

15 minutes ago, EPV said:

I joined Lawgistics yesterday Si, need their help dealing with a difficult garage rather than a difficult customer. Can feel the benefits already. 

Good for you James, they are like a big brother looking after you. 

I like how lawgistics are active on the forum and join in on discussions when needed. Making knowledgeable and 'meaningful' posts not just milking us for info four times a year with bloody 'surveys'

Well done lawgistics

• Like 2

This is all very helpful,but in my experience ( it’s not like Judge Rinder) when you are in a small claims court defending yourself and you have some disgruntled Judge they may not be so reasonable towards a car dealer whatever defence you have.These people (lawyers and barristers )acting as Judges know you will not appeal......please tell me I am wrong.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, trade vet said:

This is all very helpful,but in my experience ( it’s not like Judge Rinder) when you are in a small claims court defending yourself and you have some disgruntled Judge they may not be so reasonable towards a car dealer whatever defence you have.These people (lawyers and barristers )acting as Judges know you will not appeal......please tell me I am wrong.

If you are a member of Lawgistics why would you be in a small claims court defending yourself? That’s the point mate, they are there to help you. 

3 hours ago, EPV said:

"difficult garage" do you car to share ? intreagued I am....

1 hour ago, EPV said:

If you are a member of Lawgistics why would you be in a small claims court defending yourself? That’s the point mate, they are there to help you. 

I once defended a small claim involving estate agents inflated fees.The judge took a dim view and I was ticked off for bringing a solicitor,we lost.Likewise,I once went with my wife to defend a small claim on behalf of her elderly father.The claimants sent an Irwin Mitchell solicitor,again the judge was not impressed and dismissed the claim.....things may have changed !

5 hours ago, met said:

I like how lawgistics are active on the forum and join in on discussions when needed. Making knowledgeable and 'meaningful' posts not just milking us for info four times a year with bloody 'surveys'

Well done lawgistics

its supposed to be a small claims court to make it more friendly all round and not so the judge is about to put his black cap on

i think if you havent been in the trade long using lawgistics is a really good idea

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

its supposed to be a small claims court to make it more friendly all round and not so the judge is about to put his black cap on

i think if you havent been in the trade long using lawgistics is a really good idea

Well, if the cap fits...

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

You are certainly NOT wrong. 

7 hours ago, EPV said:

Errrr...because you’re the defendant. Don’t make the mistake that a few quid spent on professional services is a ‘get out of jail free’ card because it isn’t.

38 minutes ago, BHM said:

You are certainly NOT wrong. 

Errrr...because you’re the defendant. Don’t make the mistake that a few quid spent on professional services is a ‘get out of jail free’ card because it isn’t.

So because you're the defendant you're defending yourself? Of course not. You could have (if you chose to) someone like Lawgistics defending you. Thats all I was saying. 

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

So because you're the defendant you're defending yourself? Of course not. You could have (if you chose to) someone like Lawgistics defending you. Thats all I was saying. 

to clarify then

you go up before the local to you, small claims court

you are a member of lawgistics

you have a member of their profession at the side of you in the shitty little court room?

Just now, boring dave said:

to clarify then

you go up before the local to you, small claims court

you are a member of lawgistics

you have a member of their profession at the side of you in the shitty little court room?

No. Unless you think defending yourself starts when you walk into said shitty court room.

In my eyes, if someone wants to take me to court, I'd like someone who knows what they're doing to be helping me defend myself. That's all.

Just now, EPV said:

No. Unless you think defending yourself starts when you walk into said shitty court room.

In my eyes, if someone wants to take me to court, I'd like someone who knows what they're doing to be helping me defend myself. That's all.

so to clarify the clarification then

lawgistics advise your case is good

give you notes and you are on your own in the dingy ex council room?

im being reasonable here by the way because i fully like lawgistics,have warranty books at work from them before they began:D but now self warrant and wont be rolled by an arsehole who feels im an easy target being in a sheepskin an all

13 hours ago, trade vet said:

Did you watch Judge Rinder earlier then(can't stand the man) ..... When the lying Couple took a car dealer there over a shitty £700 banger. They had 4 months use of the car,  even drove from Liverpool to Wales, "that's not far" judge Rinder shouted. Anyway the car had a water leak, they took it to independent garage got it repaired, then few weeks later car broke down, and an independent report found 6 Inch hole in engine block, and many nuts & bolts missing, car deemed unsafe and only good for scrap. Judge ruled in their favour £700 full refund, plus £250 for repairs they paid for the car, even though they didn't give dealer a chance to look at the car. The smug look on their faces after. Now I know it's only Judge Rinder and for entertainment, but there are many judges like him (who know F all about the used car business) and the majority will completely dismiss car dealers and  side with the consumer regardless of facts. 

So your not wrong trade vet. 

Edited by NoMargin

6 hours ago, boring dave said:

so to clarify the clarification then

lawgistics advise your case is good

give you notes and you are on your own in the dingy ex council room?

im being reasonable here by the way because i fully like lawgistics,have warranty books at work from them before they began:D but now self warrant and wont be rolled by an arsehole who feels im an easy target being in a sheepskin an all

Lawgistics (other brands available) would answer any pre court correspondence, letters etc, advise you whether you have a case or whether you’re in the wrong etc. So i’d imagine they’d know from experience whether it’s even worth contesting, long before someone even issues the summons. 

If they did decide to advise you to let the billy do their worst, i’d expect them to deal with everything for me, brief me etc right up to the point where I had to go into the court. 

You are being reasonable mate yes, this is all hypothetical discussion. 

When you have a crazy billy threatening you with untold unreasonableness, that’s where Lawgistics really help. They will support you and write billy a very well written legal letter telling them to jog on. 

Ive had to use them a couple of times and each time nutter billy disappeared quick sharpish. 

Having Lawgistics behind you is a very usefy tool, it shows billy your arent a mug and won’t be walked over. 

They are worth every penny in my book, but I do also agree with Dave, that many years of experience gives you the confidence to not be “rolled over” and to back yourself. 

But, IMO when you have a serious issue and don’t know which way to go then their help and advice is invaluable. 

I’d actually enjoy defending myself. I represented myself in court when me and the ex couldn’t agree terms on access to my boy. All I want is a guardian angel on my shoulder, similar to what AD says. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

I’d actually enjoy defending myself. I represented myself in court when me and the ex couldn’t agree terms on access to my boy. All I want is a guardian angel on my shoulder, similar to what AD says. 

I agree, i have a similar story, but don't make the mistake of thinking all court rooms are like family court?

Unfortunately the public perception of a car dealer is of Arthur Daley. Car dealers are not generally seen as honest and upstanding business people. You just have to look at how we are depicted on TV and popular culture. The average punter thinks car dealers buy stock at 10% of its advertised price, clock everything, dodgy MOTs and bodge up cars with string and cardboard. I think we will always be perceived in this way.

Edited by met