Sign in to follow this  

Top Gear. Eh?? What was that all about??

There are lots and lots of people on this forum who are far, far cleverer than me, and who know the auto industry inside out.

So can someone tell me... what the heck was last night's Top Gear all about?

I enjoyed the Ferrari feature, even though I'll never be able to afford to even look at one, let alone snuggle behind the steering wheel.

And Olly Murs was seriously chuffed to be the fastest celeb around the track.

But that Peugeot feature? Eh?

I thought it was going to be a few minutes slagging off Peugeot, and then saying: Aha, things are changing - the new 308GT is really neat... or something like tht. But no. It was just a character assassination of a manufacturer and anyone who drives one of their cars.

I liked the 308GT when I drove the new version recently. It's a nice car, fun to drive and very well built. I'm driving the RCZ at the moment. Again, it's well made and drives beautifully.

So why spend 15 minutes slagging off anything to do with Peugeot?? And who, in the BBC, saw this feature before it was aired and decided it was a good idea to go ahead and run with it?

I get it that Top Gear isn't a real motoring show, that it's a lads' mag with moving images. And some of the things they do are funny. But last night? For me, it hit a new low ... and with some of the stuff they've done, that's saying something...

Yep, that Peugeot bit was boring, just seemed pointless! Loved the corvette bits tough, I've had two and could be tempted to buy another!

I turned off the last 5 minutes of the Rugby League I was watching in the hope of seen 15 mins of 205 GTI's, 505 Diesels, 405 Diesels etc but it was just a pointless feature that didn't seem to go anywhere. I think it was one of those things that they gave up on half way through making it because it was crap. When Top Gear is good its very good but like all forms of entertainment it can fail to hit the mark. 

Saw the last 10 Mins as I switch over to watch dragons den ..... when I say the Peugeot's been wrecked - I thought I'm so glad i don't watch this rubbish ... what a waste of time ! pointless driving the cars into the house is this the best they can do ? 

#UtterRubbish 

I found the Peugeot bit funny but maybe I'm naturally childish, but was expecting them to go onto saying something about the 508, or 308, or 2008, all of which are class leading.  Instead, it just seemed to end with nothing at all, like a feature which was written and produced but someone lost the last three pages of the script.

I'm not sure why they picked on Peugeot though, surely the manufacturer who makes cars for people who don't like cars is Vauxhall, but by providing the 'reasonably priced car' maybe Luton have bought themselves immunity from this kind of ridicule?

It was funny but a bit random slating a particular brand. Peugeot did make some cracking cars though but now they are pretty poor in comparison. 

I thought it was funny... I love it when they do stuff like that , the week before with the ambulances was funny as well.