Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

September......

20 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I bought a 2009 Prius T Spirit the other day, 95K miles, Cap Clean £6600. The exact same car in 2016 would've booked at around £5.5K at those miles. 

Petrol and especially Hybrid prices have become stupid high so I've switched to buying diesels. Great bargains to be had, thankfully I don't aim for the local market (just outside London). My Prius was an absolute bargain too because of it's burgundy colour and a couple of BIG scratches on the rear bumper. 

There’s many examples but one that shone for me this week was an Insignia, I don’t touch the hatch’s as I can never shift them but the tourers seam to sell well.

Exactly 18 months ago I bought a 60 plate, grade 3 2.0 Cdti, just over 100k, Bca assured for £1750 all in. Cheap I know but surely that’s the whole point of auction? Cheaper stock but higher risk? 

Anyway an identical car went through this week, 60 plate, same miles, same colour, same spec, same grade, hammer went down at £2650 + fees

4 sold today. 3 away and 1 dipper taken. New daily record for me (was 3 previously) and takes me up to 8 this month from an average of 8 in stock, equalling last month. 

10 minutes ago, EPV said:

4 sold today. 3 away and 1 dipper taken. New daily record for me (was 3 previously) and takes me up to 8 this month from an average of 8 in stock, equalling last month. 

Well done mate - race is on still - I’m on 6 but I’ve won 5 today.

Just now, Mark101 said:

Well done mate - race is on still - I’m on 6 but I’ve won 5 today.

Jesus and I thought I had a busy day. 

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

Jesus and I thought I had a busy day. 

Sorry Jimbo, I mean 6 for the month not for the day.  Plenty in the pipeline I reckon.

8 hours ago, EPV said:

Well done James that’s 100% turnover, still 4 days to go :) 

Another away today making 9 for the month. 

I’ve now been trading full time for three months (6 months part time prior to that) and i’ve done 7, 8 and 9 per month. Very happy. 

44 minutes ago, EPV said:

Another away today making 9 for the month. 

I’ve now been trading full time for three months (6 months part time prior to that) and i’ve done 7, 8 and 9 per month. Very happy. 

Hi James   I have just watched your Jag video.A couple of months ago I was impressed with your videos.I think they are even better now.You certainly put the effort in.From a buyers perspective,your punter friendly voice over language is what they want to hear and well delivered.I also like the leafy back ground on the demo,it adds credibility.I will get my guy to take a look for ideas,unfortunateley our new ‘ old pitch ‘ is downtown.May I ask what type of camera you use.

29 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi James   I have just watched your Jag video.A couple of months ago I was impressed with your videos.I think they are even better now.You certainly put the effort in.From a buyers perspective,your punter friendly voice over language is what they want to hear and well delivered.I also like the leafy back ground on the demo,it adds credibility.I will get my guy to take a look for ideas,unfortunateley our new ‘ old pitch ‘ is downtown.May I ask what type of camera you use.

Thanks again for your kind words TV, it means a lot from someone who has been there and done it so to speak. A lot of credit goes to Arfur, I’ve borrowed a lot of his ideas and used my own to personalise it. 

Oh, I use a really flash expensive camera. 

It’s called an IPhone 6s! :)

Thats it, just a camera phone. 

16 minutes ago, EPV said:

Thanks again for your kind words TV, it means a lot from someone who has been there and done it so to speak. A lot of credit goes to Arfur, I’ve borrowed a lot of his ideas and used my own to personalise it. 

Oh, I use a really flash expensive camera. 

It’s called an IPhone 6s! :)

Thats it, just a camera phone. 

I thought I saw a hybrid camera with a microphone in the reflection on the Jag door !

8 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I thought I saw a hybrid camera with a microphone in the reflection on the Jag door !

Ohhhh! That’s my gimbal;

https://m.gearbest.com/gimbal/pp_862370.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=4264395&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxbzdBRCoARIsACzIK2mBIioKXN-aghDI-7pE3NloYC461GRczGotslbTUBsrLAjgr_H4elwaAmDbEALw_wcB

Stabillises the phone so no hand shake 

I mean, hand shake doesn’t shake the phone itself. The gimbal stops that. 

I tried using a gimbal, I just couldn’t get used to it. 

Btw, 16 so far for me with some really big deals. My third best month ever ROI wise. It seems like a real production line at the moment with 7 in prep and 5 still to arrive. Happy days  :) 

44 minutes ago, EPV said:

Ohhhh! That’s my gimbal;

https://m.gearbest.com/gimbal/pp_862370.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=4264395&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxbzdBRCoARIsACzIK2mBIioKXN-aghDI-7pE3NloYC461GRczGotslbTUBsrLAjgr_H4elwaAmDbEALw_wcB

Stabillises the phone so no hand shake 

I mean, hand shake doesn’t shake the phone itself. The gimbal stops that. 

Thank you,we will get one.

15 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I tried using a gimbal, I just couldn’t get used to it. 

Btw, 16 so far for me with some really big deals. My third best month ever ROI wise. It seems like a real production line at the moment with 7 in prep and 5 still to arrive. Happy days  :) 

Good numbers! We’ve struggled to do just over that from a retail pitch this month..

19 here from 35 in stock and closed tomorrow, though the right email enquiry tonight may tempt be to go in!