Sign in to follow this  
Mo Whitethor

Number Plate Marketing

Isn’t it now illegal to put your name on a plate ? Me thinks

You can put a surround with your business details around the outside, but not alter the plate..... 

39 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Isn’t it now illegal to put your name on a plate ? Me thinks

You can put a surround with your business details around the outside, but not alter the plate..... 

You can have your name on it. It needs to have your postcode but nothing else. Not allowed phone number or web address.

1 minute ago, David Ayers said:

You can have your name on it. It needs to have your postcode but nothing else. Not allowed phone number or web address.

As I thought, no advertising. You are better off buying the surrounds....

In the US,plates are in frames with names,logos and stuff engraved on the chrome surrounds.I think they look good and lift the look of the car.So because our plates are larger,I sent off to China and got some samples made up.Got them back,was impressed and showed our guys......they thought they were crap.......yet another idea fallen on stoney ground.

‘Lipped plates’ give you space under the standard plate area, where you can put what you like.

They’re barely any more money and look much better than the surrounds. 

For the cost over a year. Every 100 cars / 400/500 cars its not worth it.

Imagine how much more you could do using the same fund using facebook / google adwords. 
In my opinion its a bit leaflet dropping or postcard in the newsagent window in a digital world.

59 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

For the cost over a year. Every 100 cars / 400/500 cars its not worth it.

Imagine how much more you could do using the same fund using facebook / google adwords. 
In my opinion its a bit leaflet dropping or postcard in the newsagent window in a digital world.

We certainly think alike in this respect. 

If a car had "as new" plates on without any chavvy emblems, I wouldn't do them.  Cars that need new plates, why not add your name £40 one off feee (unless I have made a mistake)

Just now, Mark101 said:

If a car had "as new" plates on without any chavvy emblems, I wouldn't do them.  Cars that need new plates, why not add your name £40 one off feee (unless I have made a mistake)

+ 1

I only do it in these circumstances too.  However- I always put a rear window sticker in- but I am 'Old School'.

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

+ 1

I only do it in these circumstances too.  However- I always put a rear window sticker in- but I am 'Old School'.

I used to do that too but if I'm honest, it was only to stroke my ego.

True.  Same here I guess. No one else is going to. ;0)

Minimum 20 cars a month out there with stickers in the windows.  I think it helps keep your name out there.  Especially the local buyers.

They're only cheap so I'll carry on living in the past. 

Each to their own mate. I don’t think it’s a vast waste of money, clearly it’s not. Especially if a car needs fresh plates anyway. I cheat slightly as I cover the plates for my photos and by the time the punter has looked through them, read the advert, watched the video and travelled, they aren’t going to walk because of a shabby plate. 

I can see how the pitch boys like a fresh plate with their logo or name on. It does look profesh. 

By the way, many numbers are used to attract customers. Honestly, I don’t even know if this is legal, but the fact is that many companies use different numbers to shock customers. For example, Valmart launched a campaign on May 5 in 2015 and named it 5.5.5. Many then associated it with numerology and even accused the leadership of misinforming people. I recently found out about this and decided to learn more about 555. On the site https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-555-meaning/ I found that the Number 555 spiritually means the atonement and grace of God. I absolutely did not understand what this means and it seems to me that this is complete nonsense.

Edited by alexcool2020