JGW

Gents thinking of starting out i have been in the trade for 25 years. Just been payed off by BCA as a vehicle inspector , bought for carcraft , started the first Webuyanycar in Scotland, AA inspections at BCA sites but never sold a car in my life. So can buy fix every thing else looking at this BCA partner ship thing or next gear. Need your mass of wisdom out there.

3 minutes ago, JGW said:

Gents thinking of starting out i have been in the trade for 25 years. Just been payed off by BCA as a vehicle inspector , bought for carcraft , started the first Webuyanycar in Scotland, AA inspections at BCA sites but never sold a car in my life. So can buy fix every thing else looking at this BCA partner ship thing or next gear. Need your mass of wisdom out there.

You'll need some good accounts and plenty of collateral.  No chance as a Newbie I reckon.

Lots to learn, lots of money to win/lose and mistakes to be made.

Selling cars at an auction is one thing but selling cars to punters is completely different.

I would start of in the cheaper market sub £3K, have you thought about overheads? Where will you operate from?

12 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Lots to learn, lots of money to win/lose and mistakes to be made.

Selling cars at an auction is one thing but selling cars to punters is completely different.

I would start of in the cheaper market sub £3K, have you thought about overheads? Where will you operate from?

Thanks at least you are of some help  ( mrs maybe middle finger to you) never sold cars at auction. Most of it was buying i have my own premises so no rent. I lnow i will havw the inaurance and plates and stuff but was just looking for aome info Glasgow based.

1 minute ago, JGW said:

Thanks at least you are of some help  ( mrs maybe middle finger to you) never sold cars at auction. Most of it was buying i have my own premises so no rent. I lnow i will havw the inaurance and plates and stuff but was just looking for aome info Glasgow based.

with saying   Go forth and multiply.  to me in a private pm and then public saying  ( mrs maybe middle finger to you) you will go nowhere in this business because its all about managing people ,the cars are just a means to an end like frying fish.

As above- but if you want some free non-confrontational advice- I'd say just start small and play with a bit of your own money first and see how you get on.  It's a minefield this game and I wouldn't recommend that anyone gets into it nowadays AT ALL.  It's much more hassle/complication than some think.  

Getting the stock, preparing it, selling it etc is all very difficult and that's without the sales process, punters, recon, costs, VAT, CRA etc.

Good luck though and there's loads of similar threads on here that I'd suggest you spend a day or so reading.  All very helpful and it saves you and Mrs. Maybe or whatever he's calling himself today falling out ;0)  However he's maybe a bit 'fruity' for some but speaks the truth.

(wasn't our Benji an BCA tester?)

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

As above- but if you want some free non-confrontational advice- I'd say just start small and play with a bit of your own money first and see how you get on.  It's a minefield this game and I wouldn't recommend that anyone gets into it nowadays AT ALL.  It's much more hassle/complication than some think.  

Getting the stock, preparing it, selling it etc is all very difficult and that's without the sales process, punters, recon, costs, VAT, CRA etc.

Good luck though and there's loads of similar threads on here that I'd suggest you spend a day or so reading.  All very helpful and it saves you and Mrs. Maybe or whatever he's calling himself today falling out ;0)  However he's maybe a bit 'fruity' for some but speaks the truth.

(wasn't our Benji an BCA tester?)

Yes he was. My thought process entirely. 

He was also a sensitive flower when the nasty Internet man gave him a dose of straight talking instead of a cuddle. 

• Like 1

Do you think

Plan A) taking on the commitment of a stock funding platform, buying a load of stock with no clue on what actually sells or not and going balls deep taking a big risk without actually knowing how to operate at the front end of a car sales business 

Or 

Plan B ) Buying a few cars with your own money, trying it with 2 or 3 and then after a few months/ a year etc if it works look to pursue plan A without having put it all on the line 

:blink:

• Like 1

Oh really and you fell into it. There is ways of helping people out with a helpful manner. And not trying to expose the lack of internet capabilities. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and i dont give a flying f@#k if its in pm or public what i post. The manner of you answer speaks volumes about you as an ignorant individual.

Iam out

1 minute ago, EPV said:

Yes he was. My thought process entirely. 

He was also a sensitive flower when the nasty Internet man gave him a dose of straight talking instead of a cuddle. 

Ha - love it.  True. Quote of the week mate. ;0)

Hands up who's also out already? (Benji saga still makes me laugh from time to time & can't put myself through it again).

3 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Well that escalated quickly.....:wacko:

Yeah- Not even time for Justin to get a coffee bet in!

• Like 1

Not Benji guys sorry.

Why mrs maybe....not sure of there sexual origin.

13 minutes ago, JGW said:

Oh really and you fell into it. There is ways of helping people out with a helpful manner. And not trying to expose the lack of internet capabilities. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and i dont give a flying f@#k if its in pm or public what i post. The manner of you answer speaks volumes about you as an ignorant individual.

Iam out

There’s also ways of asking for help. 

Stating you know fuck all about the industry and then stating you wish to be enlightened with what is the collective minds of dozens of successful and seasoned dealers, all for free of course, isn’t the way. 

A simple, “hello i’m Bert, i’ve read the last 6 pages of this forums threads from cover to cover and i’ve learned a lot already, looking forward to learning more and helping where I can” would probably endear you a little bit more than “tell me everything you know” and then crying like a child when someone says hurty words to you, won’t endear you. 

• Like 2

Only looking for advice thanks all for your input sit down a think what my next move will be.

The name is not Bert anyway, Mr or Mrs and as for the industry i have probably forgotten more than you know. Have a look at yourself in you compact mirror are you not getting any what a state you are getting into. Hormones. And what the f#@k is hurty words ( oh i think you meant hurtful words). Yes and i think by asking these successful people for some advice and help is the way to go. Iam not asking for anything that no one else would ask for not looking for there stock just pointers in the right direction.

Now as for reading 6 pages i applaud you and your teacher for the commitment you have put into that. So why dont let the aduls talk and you take a chill pill or see if you can read the big words on your hormone bottle.

Oh and John is the name boo hoo hoo

Sorry gents a bit distracted there. And thanks again for your input. Hope mr or mrs lets me know when its in Glasgow 

JGW - some will help some won't - it's just the way it is on here, There have been many threads on here with new starts, as they say no question is stupid but sadly there have been so many stupid questions. 

Think it's already been mentioned try to search some of the earlier threads, many tips to be picked up , use your own money to test the market you'll soon  find out what sells/ doesn't sell, retailing is totally different to trade 2 trade / auction business,. feel free to ping me an email umesh@autochange.co.uk and will try to give you some guidance! 

37 minutes ago, JGW said:

The name is not Bert anyway, Mr or Mrs and as for the industry i have probably forgotten more than you know. Have a look at yourself in you compact mirror are you not getting any what a state you are getting into. Hormones. And what the f#@k is hurty words ( oh i think you meant hurtful words). Yes and i think by asking these successful people for some advice and help is the way to go. Iam not asking for anything that no one else would ask for not looking for there stock just pointers in the right direction.

Now as for reading 6 pages i applaud you and your teacher for the commitment you have put into that. So why dont let the aduls talk and you take a chill pill or see if you can read the big words on your hormone bottle.

Oh and John is the name boo hoo hoo

As I thought. 

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha - love it.  True. Quote of the week mate. ;0)

Hands up who's also out already? (Benji saga still makes me laugh from time to time & can't put myself through it again).

Yeah- Not even time for Justin to get a coffee bet in!

in my defense i am snowed under with work so havent been on here for a while, it sucks this work stuff.

But yes i would have loved to have a flutter over a flat white over this one, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JGW said:

Oh dear........

4 hours ago, JGW said:

Iam out

Bye