Sign in to follow this  
EPV

VW Toureg - 2005

But a silver 320D M Sport with "Network" cloth interior, Business radio and manual gearbox will be far less desirable than a black / white 320D M Sport with black leather, auto gearbox and Professional nav. We are talking 60 days to sell vs 10 days to sell difference, yet both cars will probably end up with the same 3.4 rating. 

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

But a silver 320D M Sport with "Network" cloth interior, Business radio and manual gearbox will be far less desirable than a black / white 320D M Sport with black leather, auto gearbox and Professional nav. We are talking 60 days to sell vs 10 days to sell difference, yet both cars will probably end up with the same 3.4 rating. 

They also give a marker on colours. White being the most popular, silver being the least. 

It’s not really about finite detail as that is meant to be your own experience/knowledge, it’s about knowing which cars are being more heavily searched (demand) versus the supply. 

Its just a guide, one that has really served me well in my early days in this industry. 

I could certainly manage without it if I could find a stream of petrol, German white estates with black wheels to sell but alas, I have to try other avenues at times!

Had one ourselves needed an engine rebuild. Was told the 2.5 is more prone to engine failure. Took us a while to sell it too, but got rid of it eventually with no comebacks.

On 07/08/2018 at 1:44 PM, Rory RSC said:

I place no emphasis on Autotrader desirability personally. I have some highly desirable regular quick sellers which always sell well with good money an often attract my favourite finance commission but AT rank them low. 

The right car, presented well at a fair price will always sell just needs to catch someones eye and irrespective of anything make sure you are happy with the margin in the deal yourself. 

Just sold, 14 days to turn.

Quite surprised the number of hits it was getting I have to say and it's made me consider actually stocking them. I've always looked at them and shied away but perhaps I'll give another one a go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Did you get the higher price James?

I had it up for £4250, he offered £4,000. I saw an opportunity to sell a car to a sensible sounding chap who was told he wasn’t getting a warranty etc and not to be ringing me if a bulb went tomorrow morning etc. So I sold it for £4,125. Good profit. 

24 minutes ago, EPV said:

I had it up for £4250, he offered £4,000. I saw an opportunity to sell a car to a sensible sounding chap who was told he wasn’t getting a warranty etc and not to be ringing me if a bulb went tomorrow morning etc. So I sold it for £4,125. Good profit. 

Well done James

• Like 1

Cheers chaps, and again as ever, to reiterate what I said 2 weeks ago, I listen to everything and will take every scrap of wisdom and knowledge I can get, gratefully.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EPV said:

Cheers chaps, and again as ever, to reiterate what I said 2 weeks ago, I listen to everything and will take every scrap of wisdom and knowledge I can get, gratefully.

Well said :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EPV said:

That's why you are and will continue to do well mate. 
 Quite nice when someone actually asks for advice on here and listens and it works and then they come back and post it worked. Not sure it happens much :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Quite nice when someone actually asks for advice on here and listens and it works and then they come back and post it worked

I thought the exact same thing yesterday :-)

• Like 1

On 07/08/2018 at 5:04 PM, Nick M.K. said:

Give me an S500 any day and cut my veins now if I have to sell another Fiesta "for my daughter" :-)

2nd that 

23 hours ago, EPV said:

Just sold, 14 days to turn.

Quite surprised the number of hits it was getting I have to say and it's made me consider actually stocking them. I've always looked at them and shied away but perhaps I'll give another one a go.

Quick turnaround, nice to see!

Just goes to show that it doesn’t hurt to take a punt sometimes.

Well done, lovely when them deals pop up, deffo worth taking a punt, all the best deals are the ones that give you a squeaky bum in the beginning 

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

That's why you are and will continue to do well mate. 
 Quite nice when someone actually asks for advice on here and listens and it works and then they come back and post it worked. Not sure it happens much :lol:

3 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

2nd that 

Grand for all of us to read about I would say, well done for hanging in there and taking a punt on this; going back to the opening post it was heading to the block this one with no second thoughts.. suspect it may become the best one of 2018 (so far!) :)

Plenty of decent stuff at the block this morning ;)